• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 balapickerel

balapickerel

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:45 PM

i might go on thursday, if i do i will report on the conditions, and if i catch i will probably come(it all depends if i can get my parents to take me)

#42 ec1

ec1

Perch

• Active Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:15 PM

Well, If he says, "CHINESE" guys will scratch his car because he got his car scratched when he went to Toronto (AND assuming that a Chinese guy did it), I don't see anything good about him.

And sorry Porter, I'm from the other direction.....

So who is really going now anyawys? Please post?

#43 balapickerel

balapickerel

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:38 PM

hey porter, you'll have to post some pics of the older lures in the tackle box, i'd love to see them

#44 frozenfire

frozenfire

• Active Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:47 AM

looks like there is some heavy rain on friday.
today looks decent. i should go try.

#45 ec1

ec1

Perch

• Active Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:34 PM

Yup, checked the rain today. It's going to be 15-20 mm's....that's a LOT...
It's starting to turn me down, but if Frozenfire you get into some tonight, I'll still go with anyone that is interested, If not, The Friday after that is perfectly fine with me also!

#46 frozenfire

frozenfire

• Active Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:07 PM

you giving it a try on the weekend? the rain will at least slow down on sat and sun haha.

#47 Porter86

Porter86

Perch

• Active Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:36 PM

i will have to, im going to go home n the tackle box in a bit, hopefully on my home from getting the rod from yawn...:roll:

#48 Porter86

Porter86

Perch

• Active Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:41 PM

nev er did get the tackle box, but got the rod :roll: thanks again yawn n some tackle, thanks again! :P let me know when the crappie meet will be n im down!!

#49 frozenfire

frozenfire

• Active Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:46 PM

thursday april 2 instead of friday cause theres going to be like 2 cm of rain.

thursday should be gorgeous. high of 14 with a slight breeze from the south.

#50 Porter86

Porter86

Perch

• Active Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:19 AM

crappers...i wont have money for gas until to get out there until fri...:roll: unless same as before someone out my way willing to get me.

and ec1 thanks for though though of getting me. to bad the opposite way. :P

#51 balapickerel

balapickerel

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:13 AM

darn, if it's tomorrow than i can't come, but there allways next time

#52 frozenfire

frozenfire

• Active Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:30 AM

no worries, the fish have just started to come in... should still be there for a few weeks.....UNLESS this rain makes them move in and out faster? I'm not too sure about that. THe rain will definitely make the water warm up faster.

#53 ec1

ec1

Perch

• Active Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:28 PM

Went there this morning with "HALF" a skunk! Lol.
West Holland River had like 10 people + 1 boat at around 9am...no action, people started to leave. The rain was there, and it was on and off and not too hard...No fish, and so therefore I moved over to the East Holland River. There, on the 2nd cast I hooked into a ~12" crappie. Really heavy as I was reeling it in. As I was lifting it up to my hands, a bad hookset allowed the fish to flop loose right after getting above the water.Therefore, caught a glance at it, but back in the water it went..Along with the fish, the rain came super hard, and therefore went to BPS to get the Compre...only to find out it has gone up in price by $30 in the last month or so...Definitely not paying 125 for a rod taht was 95 a month ago....

Sad day for me! But thanks for the tips anthony, good idea to have brought a pair of boots!

#54 flash_kid

flash_kid

Sunfish

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:37 PM

where can you fish the east holland?

#55 balapickerel

balapickerel

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:42 PM

a similar thing happened to me last fall, i had been fishing for a few hours, with no luck, and on my last cast, about two metres from the dock a HUGE fish swallowed my lure, it was the biggest muskie i had ever seen, and i was so suprised that i didn't set the hook and it got away :roll: :D :P

#56 frozenfire

frozenfire

• Active Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:55 PM

good on you for moving around. sometimes that is better than the sit and wait game...unless there is really no where else to go :roll:

it really warmed up this evening and will continue to stay pretty warm throughout the night and the rest of tomorrow. this will for sure push a few fish into the river. hopefully they will be aggressively feeding.

#57 UTOPIA

UTOPIA

Earthworm

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 01:03 AM

HEY GUYS, THIS IS MY FIRST RESPONSE ON THIS FORUM. I MIGHT SHOW ON FRIDAY, IS THAT AT THE DOCK WHERE THE MARINA IS??

#58 disspatcher

disspatcher

• Active Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:56 AM

Yes its the right general area. The dock is closed as far as I know..Go West across the street and follow the river...if nothing is biting...moave around..several km's of river..all the way out to Hwy 400! Find and opening where you can safely park...make sure not to invade private property and give it a shot.
(Just watch Canal Road..can be a dangerous stretch if you dont know the road.)

#59 frozenfire

frozenfire

• Active Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:02 AM

there is a rainfall warning on friday...
try to make it out today instead :roll:

#60 UTOPIA

UTOPIA

Earthworm

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:34 PM

Thx disspatcher, i fished the canal quite a bit as a kid for summer pike. I know the area well. Im going to try for a panfry of crappie perhaps Friday early morning if I can beat the rain.