• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 zantrax

zantrax

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:48 PM

Lake Wilcox has defrosted, and there were people fishing from the North Shore Parkette Today.

#2 Jackie

Jackie

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:19 PM

REALLY?!?! thats awesome. did you see them catch anything??

#3 balapickerel

balapickerel

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:49 PM

please notify us as soon as fish are being caught, i need to fish so badly, btw what is open in wilcox right now

#4 flash_kid

flash_kid

Sunfish

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:44 PM

btw what is open in wilcox right now

i'm not trying to be mean but seriously it takes two minutes to read the regs. :roll:

if you can't find it heres the link.
http://www.mnr.gov.o...MNR_E001335.pdf

#5 balapickerel

balapickerel

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:20 PM

sorry, i didn't mean what are you allowed to fish for, i meant what will i acctually catch

#6 flash_kid

flash_kid

Sunfish

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:25 PM

try this

http://www.ene.gov.o...s/590b14-SO.pdf

page 119

#7 balapickerel

balapickerel

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:09 AM

thanks

#8 fatfishie

fatfishie

Sunfish

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:30 PM

Can someone post what months are the best for catching fish here? On shore and also off-shore?

#9 balapickerel

balapickerel

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:37 PM

check out the mnr fishing regulations, we are in zone 16, this will only tell you what your allowed to fish for, as for when you will catch fish, can't relly help there

#10 David Kearney

David Kearney

Perch

• Active Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:44 AM

Can someone post what months are the best for catching fish here? On shore and also off-shore?

That is a very vague question...too many variables to determin an answer...pick a fish...check the regs, But to start you off...The beginning of may pike open...so thats a good time to try pike...The end of june, Bass starts so thats a good time for bass...now I am only speaking of the area around toronto...if you live somewhere else, Check your regs...every zone is different in some way or another.

Good luck

#11 fatfishie

fatfishie

Sunfish

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:21 PM

Well... to get a little something straight, i am completely new at this...If i catch a fish, i cant tell one specie from another. The only way that i know that it's a fish is by looking at it- If it gives me the evil eye, it's definatly a Fishie! :)

#12 balapickerel

balapickerel

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:28 PM

well then, when you do go fishing, you should go with someone who does know what type of fish is wich, btw, ao you keep fish, or are you catch and release

#13 David Kearney

David Kearney

Perch

• Active Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:36 PM

Well... to get a little something straight, i am completely new at this...If i catch a fish, i cant tell one specie from another. The only way that i know that it's a fish is by looking at it- If it gives me the evil eye, it's definatly a Fishie! :)

Well...that being said, I would recommend because you are brand new to fishing, then definatly pick up your fishing regulations magazine, and read it, especially the part pretaining to your zone...there is tons of information in there for you to begin to understand the different species. Theres a chart at the back with fish, and recommended lures to catch...but when beginning, nothing beats a worm on a hook...it will catch many different species. Good luck

#14 fatfishie

fatfishie

Sunfish

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:36 PM

Thanks for the info, it's really needed. :) Plus does anyone know where to pick up a fishing regulation magazine? I've looked around but have had no luck. And To Balapickerel: Yepp, I'm a catch and release sorta person. (well except once with a few minnows) I really couldn't stand the guilt if I went back to the pond that I caught them at and had to face the fish's lik 1000 mil relatives staring at me... Plus, just imagine if they were pirrannas! *shudder* (flashback to Ice Age 2, Swarm of pirrannas bares looooooong teeth)

#15 fatfishie

fatfishie

Sunfish

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:37 PM

Thanks for the info, it's really needed. :) Plus does anyone know where to pick up a fishing regulation magazine? I've looked around but have had no luck. And To Balapickerel: Yepp, I'm a catch and release sorta person. (well except once with a few minnows) I really couldn't stand the guilt if I went back to the pond that I caught them at and had to face the fish's lik 1000 mil relatives staring at me... Plus, just imagine if they were pirrannas! *shudder* (flashback to Ice Age 2, Swarm of pirrannas bares looooooong teeth)

#16 balapickerel

balapickerel

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:55 PM

i think im seeing doubles!!!??? :) :(

#17 fatfishie

fatfishie

Sunfish

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:54 PM

oops sorry had to relaod the page...

#18 David Kearney

David Kearney

Perch

• Active Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:32 PM

You can try Canadian tire`s they have them, also try your local bait and tackle, or hit Bass pro, they will probabaly have it...it`s also on the net, use your google, or probably located on another post here somewhere! do some research.

#19 fatfishie

fatfishie

Sunfish

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:08 PM

Thanks for the info, and yeah should be doing research rather than posting on here...But I like to hear peoples opinions ecetra