• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 seatux

seatux

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:07 PM

Looking for some fishing holes, lakes ponds creeks rivers close to Hwy 7 and 4th line......... I know about fairy lake in Acton!!!

Basically a 15 KM radius from the intersection of 4th line and Hwy 7 would be a good starting location.

I don't care what I catch either, no fly fishing.

Thanks

#2 ec1

ec1

Perch

• Active Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:12 PM

hmm, looks like we're getting a lot of posts asking for spots..........always 1st posts too. It's starting to irritate me a little bit.....How about using Google maps?

I dont know where you are anyways and i've never fished that area.

#3 YAWN

YAWN

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:45 PM

ec1 u said what I was thinking :cry:

#4 seatux

seatux

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:28 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum.
I moved from Vancouver Island recently, so was asking for help.... sorry to irritate you!!!
The time you spent ignorantly answering a question that you never even ended up answering was pointless really wasn't it?
But if it made you feel better then good for you!! :cry:

hmm, looks like we're getting a lot of posts asking for spots..........always 1st posts too. It's starting to irritate me a little bit.....How about using Google maps?

I dont know where you are anyways and i've never fished that area.

#5 seatux

seatux

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:36 PM

Mr Yawn.....

Is this board full of negative people like you, or are you just a bad exception???

Once I learn this area I Would be more inclined to help people!!! But that is just me. It is called decency.

ec1 u said what I was thinking :cry:

#6 YAWN

YAWN

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:53 PM

relax bud take a deep breath it wasn't ought personal,

Your new here that's all. We don't just hand over our spots just like that.

Once u submit a report do some chattin people will help ya right out.

We weren't trying to bash ya but like it was said we get a ton of people comin on tryin to get free info without contributing so honestly I think what was said wasn't that bad.

Note: I'm the bad exception bud I don't sugur coat ought!

#7 balapickerel

balapickerel

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:05 PM

just use google maps as was said, thet'll find you the spots, then you try them out, report on them and get acsess to all our spots, and if you turn out to be a nice guy you'll have no trouble getting partners to come fishing with you :cry:

#8 ec1

ec1

Perch

• Active Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:28 PM

Well, I apologize if the welcome wasn't appreciated. You're not the first one in the last couple of weeks to ask for spots just like that.

Anyways, first posts should not be asking for a spot, and barely anyone in this world will spoon feed you info that they had to find the hard way. How about spending your first post introducing yourself to everyone here, and telling about your previous experiences with fishing?

Even this year, I've spent hours driving looking for a spot, only to find that the spot is either completely garbage, or finding out that a spot is good.

Shore fishing locations right now are so hard to find, ESPECIALLY the good ones. People owning the land so you can't fish there / Public spots becoming private..When I tell you, there will be many others that just browse around and find out a spot.....and then the spot I used to be able to sit down with a few friends and fish becomes shoulder to shoulder fishing.

#9 seatux

seatux

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:15 PM

Hey, no problem.

I Google earthed about 10 spots within walking distance from my house......

I am going to take a walk over there this evening and do a recce!!!!!!

I do understand your point though, about trolls sniffing around for free info.

On my other forum I frequent, CanadianGunNutz....... we have the same problems but the people are usually anti gun trolling to stir the pot.

Cheers

Well, I apologize if the welcome wasn't appreciated. You're not the first one in the last couple of weeks to ask for spots just like that.

Anyways, first posts should not be asking for a spot, and barely anyone in this world will spoon feed you info that they had to find the hard way. How about spending your first post introducing yourself to everyone here, and telling about your previous experiences with fishing?

Even this year, I've spent hours driving looking for a spot, only to find that the spot is either completely garbage, or finding out that a spot is good.

Shore fishing locations right now are so hard to find, ESPECIALLY the good ones. People owning the land so you can't fish there / Public spots becoming private..When I tell you, there will be many others that just browse around and find out a spot.....and then the spot I used to be able to sit down with a few friends and fish becomes shoulder to shoulder fishing.

#10 ec1

ec1

Perch

• Active Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:34 PM

Nice to see that you understood what I meant. Welcome again.
And good luck tonight.

#11 Bigfisherman

Bigfisherman

Perch

• Active Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:45 PM

Looking for some fishing holes, lakes ponds creeks rivers close to Hwy 7 and 4th line......... I know about fairy lake in Acton!!!

Basically a 15 KM radius from the intersection of 4th line and Hwy 7 would be a good starting location.

Thanks

Welcome to the board, let us know how the action is in Fairly lake(I always wanted to try this lake only 30 mins away or so), there is a grand river park called Rockwood west of Acton they stock it with trout went there last year in May and caught a few take home limit is 1 tho.

#12 seatux

seatux

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:13 PM

Thanks, :cry:
Rockwood looks good lots of tributaries too, not sure of the river name that runs through that area though.

Thanks

Welcome to the board, let us know how the action is in Fairly lake(I always wanted to try this lake only 30 mins away or so), there is a grand river park called Rockwood west of Acton they stock it with trout went there last year in May and caught a few take home limit is 1 tho.

#13 fatfishie

fatfishie

Sunfish

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:39 PM

Ah don't worry about it....These people gard their spots fiercly, I can tell you that!

#14 David Kearney

David Kearney

Perch

• Active Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:40 AM

Welcome to the Board Seatux, lol...this actually happens alot around here...peoples first posts asking a question always gets a blunt response...it`s funny to watch, and totally understandable. I think you will find that these guys and gals are a good group of dedicated anglers that are willing to help anyone that also helps themselves. And I also think an introduction is appropriate...tell us something about yourself and you experience with fishing, let us get too know you, and you will find that we will wanna get to know...we are hungry for as much info, and knowledge that you can produce, and we will inturn try to pass on our knowledge to you and others. Welcome again, and don`t let this 1`st experience here with us be your lasting opinion of the forum.

#15 chosen 1

chosen 1

Sunfish

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:57 PM

Welcome to OFF I am a pretty new member as well and I made the same mistake when I started chatting here, however I did not get called on it, but I realized I had made a mistake right away so I tried to share before I asked. Although I am new it seems that all these guy's on the fourm are good guy's and would tell you what they know when they get to know you. As for giving away shore fishing locations as everyone knows very hard to come by and even harder to find a productive one. Not shure on transportation in your case but I found that google earth and spending time to go searching for spots is the best way to go about finding prime fishing locations.
Welcome and GOOD LUCK

#16 seatux

seatux

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:03 PM

I moved form BC not long ago and brought my small bass boat with with me. Used to fish on the east side of Vancouver Island mostly, before I fished I used to put in my crab and Prawn traps, then you are guaranteed to get something tasty.

Originally form England 20 years ago and soon to be retiring from the Canadian Forces. I used to love fishing in England mostly with floats (bobbers), My brother came out last year and we did a 7 day canoe trip in 5 days in Killarney park, the fishing was great, used a small spinner..... hopefully plan on going back this year but less portaging and more fishing.

Welcome to the Board Seatux, lol...this actually happens alot around here...peoples first posts asking a question always gets a blunt response...it`s funny to watch, and totally understandable. I think you will find that these guys and gals are a good group of dedicated anglers that are willing to help anyone that also helps themselves. And I also think an introduction is appropriate...tell us something about yourself and you experience with fishing, let us get too know you, and you will find that we will wanna get to know...we are hungry for as much info, and knowledge that you can produce, and we will inturn try to pass on our knowledge to you and others. Welcome again, and don`t let this 1`st experience here with us be your lasting opinion of the forum.