• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 maxxs

maxxs

Earthworm

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:18 AM

i generally fish lake erie and lake st clair where on a boat we are allowed to fish with two rods per angler. would anyone know if that rule applies on georgian bay and lake huron? how many can each angler use? thank you

#2 TrippyJai

TrippyJai

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:15 AM

You can bring as many rods as you want, but you can only put 2 lines in the water at the same time. Plus, it's not like your going to fish more than 2 rods at the same time.

#3 YAWN

YAWN

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:28 PM

Who can confirm this 2 rod thing as I though it was always 1 unless your in the ocean? If thats the case I've been fishing at 1/2 capacity frig!

#4 chosen 1

chosen 1

Sunfish

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:34 PM

I know that on lake Erie it's 2 per angler but unshure about anywhere else.

#5 diggyj

diggyj

Rice Lake Master

• Active Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:44 PM

Everyone should read up on your regs or stay off the water because page 5 of the regs clearly states the following.......check the exceptions though

Posted Image
By diggyj at 2009-04-14

Dirk

#6 chosen 1

chosen 1

Sunfish

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:23 PM

Everyone should read up on your regs or stay off the water because page 5 of the regs clearly states the following.......check the exceptions though

Posted Image
By diggyj at 2009-04-14

Dirk

I don't fish any of the great lakes however everyone should always check the Regs for the zone that they are fishing in since they are all different. Ignorance is no excuse for the law, however Lake Erie is one of those exception to the rule on page 5. Being a bass fisherman I hardly ever troll and when I do it's for pike and walleye and only use one rod anyways since it is the law on all the lakes I fish. :mrgreen:

#7 maxxs

maxxs

Earthworm

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:59 AM

good info. just a note that on erie common presentation when running planner boards is a plug and a spoon off of a three way swivel. plug acts like a sinker and gets you down to desired depth and spoon flutters above plug resulting in many double headers, but you got to keep moving to prevent getting tangled up. each angler has two rods with two lures on each and the trick is you keep your outside lines out a bit further so that when you get a strike your outside lines you avoid coming in contact with the inside and at the same time as you are fighting your fish you let out more line to your inside line and move it out closer to the board and now your inside line becomes your outside line and you have all kinds of room on that side of the boat to land your fish, thanks again for the info about the rods.