• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cramden

Cramden

Earthworm

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:16 PM

Hello all. Been watching this forum for a while and decided to jump in. Many years at lure fishing and getting into river fishing ( fly and centre pin ) fishing this year. Will be heading up to Lake Nipissing the end of May - first of June for walleye opening around Calander Bay and wondering if anybody knows the ice out conditions. I assume it was early this year.
Will try to post a report.
Cheers
Cramden

#2 reefrunner

reefrunner

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:07 PM

Ice will be out by the time of your expected trip. Water will still be cold and the bite is tough if you don't know the area. I fish up there at least a handful of times each year. I can highly suggest finding warmer water in back bays :evil: as the big girls hang around after spawning. You may even get a walter on the fly; good luck and welcome aboard. Let us know how you do.

#3 Cramden

Cramden

Earthworm

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:34 PM

Thanks Reefrunner. We usually fish the Flats just after openning with the other hundred boats and with great success. I'm just concerned about the balmy weather this year and if they've moved to deeper water after turnover.
Will get some pics and let you know how it is. Taking the young nephews for their first official trip with the guys.
Important to get them off on a good start.
Cheers
Cramden :evil: