5 replies to this topic

#1 E-Man

E-Man

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:23 AM

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone here has a nautical map of Georgian Bay. I'm thinking of launching there next weekend and I want to be sure to be extra safe. Also, can anyone suggest any particular GPS application/digital maps that can be used with a Windows Mobile device?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

E.

#2 Faceman

Faceman

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:57 PM

Call RadioWorld (Steeles/400) and ask..they are great when it come to that..just google them

#3 E-Man

E-Man

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:53 AM

Hey Faceman,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll be sure to do that. Its just that in the U.S. the NOAA freely distributes nautical charts to anyone while here in Canada they charge an arm and a leg - that's not fair, especially since many of us just want a PDF version for our safety when we launch. Might anyone have a copy of the Georgian Bay nautical chart/map handy to share with us? Thanks.

Call RadioWorld (Steeles/400) and ask..they are great when it come to that..just google them

#4 Joel52

Joel52

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:31 AM

Ha! Welcome to Canada, land of the free and freely taxed! One thing about Georgian Bay - water levels are unusually lower this year it seems, so watch your water line. Depthfinder will overule any depthchart for sure, and depending on the size of your boat some areas normally accessible may not be.

#5 E-Man

E-Man

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:44 AM

"Ha" is correct. But just because we are charged wrongfully doesn't mean I have to pay for a copy of a map. I do have a depthfinder but you know how it is when your out there, one minute your cruising without a worry and the next your heart drops because you can see rocks all around. I really don't want to lose my motor. Having said that, I know there are a few people here who have a copy of the maps - the more the merrier (Wasaga/Nottawasaga, Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Lake Ontario, etc). If you can send it over this way it would be very much appreciated. Thanks again...

Ha! Welcome to Canada, land of the free and freely taxed! One thing about Georgian Bay - water levels are unusually lower this year it seems, so watch your water line. Depthfinder will overule any depthchart for sure, and depending on the size of your boat some areas normally accessible may not be.

#6 nocatchyname

nocatchyname

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 12:14 AM

I'm guessing you've either found maps, or went without, but for future reference
http://www.nauticalc...aster/index.htm

I don't know if it is what you are looking for or will help or not. But it's the best I could find in 5 minutes of Google.
Best of luck.