• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pegasusthehorse

pegasusthehorse

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:47 PM

:) The Salmon are stacked in the Ganny all the way up to the ladder already. Has been a long time since i've seen them this thick, with ALOT of large 30lb+ ones!!

#2 frozenfire

frozenfire

• Active Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:11 AM

Maybe it's time to drop by and do a photoshoot :)

#3 FrankTheRabbit

FrankTheRabbit

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:32 AM

I've been reading a lot of threads about Salmon fishing. I've never tried and I have mostly bass lures & gear.

Can bass reel & rod combo fit for this type of fishing?

I run a 15lb test, braided, and have a spinner reel/two-piece rod and a bait casting/one piece combo.

#4 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:57 AM

I would think that the 15 LB braid would be OK. Why not give it a try!

BTW, I used my bass gear for salmon the first few times I tried it. It was a shock to feel a salmon on my set-up... I'll never forget the adrenaline rush I had. :)

Anyway, try it out, get a feel for the power of fresh salmon, then you can decide from there what upgrades you feel are necessary if any.

#5 desi

desi

Sunfish

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:14 PM

Anyway, try it out, get a feel for the power of fresh salmon, then you can decide from there what upgrades you feel are necessary if any.

I agree. Give it a shot. Imagine the rush you'll get when that 30 lbs salmon snaps your rod in half 8) Then you get a bigger/better rod :)

#6 dodomember

dodomember

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:24 PM

Hello Pegasus,
I am new in the city. May I ask what the Ganny is? Is it the Ganaraska River? (do not wonder, I just made an association with the name Ganaraska from the other post...Lol); if yes can you please tell me how to get there from Brampton, I would really appreciate it.

cheers

Dodo