427 replies to this topic

#41 jc53

jc53

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:00 PM

Update:

I'd say about half of the salmons being caught is very fresh and silvery. (as seen today).
Seen a nice trout being caught aswell.

This morning I went 2/4. 1 nice size trout & a slightly small salmon. Lucky lure of the day was five of diamonds spoon for me.

Mikey
Where u there Monday morning? I saved u a spot LOL.
I saw some decent action that morning two cohos and some bright silver salmon.
Broke the darn 2 year skunk with a 20 lb female on a Orange J13. What a rush. Funny they seemed to want the rapalas that day. I usually do not use the J13 and that was going to be my last lure change before I headed home

Jose

Yes I was but I left around 8am. It wasn't too chill or cold or anything but i totally didn't dress properly. heck, i already sleep with my winter blankets.
But to be honest... I totally couldn't remember how you looked like. sorry.

Maybe next time, but i can't fish sundays mornings like i used to before... likely mon morning only.

Glad you caught a fish on J13. Usually all fish caught with J13 is BiG FisH. HOpe to see u next time.

A guy beside me caught a coho hen.. Was that u?

#42 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:12 PM

i didn't catch anything that morning.

i'll be there sunday morning.

#43 Mykester

Mykester

Perch

• Active Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:23 AM

yay, my boss asked me if I wanted to work saturday so my plans are off.

#44 Legs

Legs

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 01:11 PM

Hey guys! New to this forum and new to Burlington. Stumbled upon this forum after bumping into a guy buying glow in the dark cleos at CT who had mentioned the salmon at Bronte Creek.

Unfortunately my schedule only allows me to go at 9pm tonight, would I be SOL for salmon or is it still worth trying my luck for something else

cheers

#45 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 01:13 PM

Hey guys! New to this forum and new to Burlington. Stumbled upon this forum after bumping into a guy buying glow in the dark cleos at CT who had mentioned the salmon at Bronte Creek.

Unfortunately my schedule only allows me to go at 9pm tonight, would I be SOL for salmon or is it still worth trying my luck for something else

cheers

Welcome,

Since you are from Burlington, it would be much closer for you to goto Bronte Pier and fish there with same fishing methods mentioned here. Fishing at 9Pm and on is great time to be fishing aswell.

Enjoy!

#46 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 01:18 PM

It really sucks when you bought a brand new spoons only to be snagged from very first cast and lose the damned lure.
O M G, I lost 3 freaking spoons this way. It feels like I just threw my money away for no reason.

So visited LeBaron and they are totally out of every 3/4 oz weight cleos. darn it.

time to start making my own glow in darks.

By the way, has anyone noticed that there is a this cheap ass brand of spoons at lebarons. it was only like 55cent each! should be good for use to convert to glow in dark as it will add additional weight to it.

#47 Legs

Legs

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 01:28 PM

Thanks Mikey!

#48 kabes

kabes

Sunfish

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:51 PM

Hey all ... new to fishing the Credit but might check it out early Sunday.
I have some cleos but they aren't glow-in-the-dark. What can I add to make them glow?

#49 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:35 PM

I have some cleos but they aren't glow-in-the-dark. What can I add to make them glow?

you can just start fishing once sun breaks out than. crank bait lures work too.

#50 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:07 PM

What MikeyMikey said. You should be good to go at around 6AM-ish with regular lures.

#51 kabes

kabes

Sunfish

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:16 PM

I have some Williams Wobblers as well ... anyone had luck with those?

#52 L84FishN

L84FishN

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:27 PM

hey guys! first time poster and long time creeper! :shock:
anyways
judging by all the threads and post i read i can't really decide where to fish for salmon at port credit.

like should i stick with the spots that the OP indicated on the map he posted or try other spots?
i'm not good with street names or anything, i mostly remember by land marks ( google map helps XD)

#53 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:25 PM

Sunday AM hours update:

It was absolutely perfect morning.

When I arrived around 0530'ish parking was packed, so obviously a lot of people. Yes, place was packed with people all the way from that rocks sticking out had line up of people. But I decided to walk out to end of pier and suprise!, tip end was empty. I didn't care if there were no fish there or not, I just wanted to fish where it wasn't shoulder to shoulder. That was all, but it did end up being packed as time went on.

So many fish were hooked/ landed that it felt like everybody atleast had one fish.

Saw multiples of double headers, seen few triple headers too.

Few guys hooked into multiple fish aswell.

Colour of the water wasn't as brown as I thought it was going to be. It was rather more on not clear but clear than brownish.

During the dark hours, I was getting sh*t load of hits. I think it was hits, i think it was hits, i had to be, I don't think it was the some what choppy waves that sucked my spoon under and made it contact with sh*t load of rocks?

I lost 2 during dark hours,,, couldn't set the hook. Than two or three more fish lost during the fight after sun rise.

I stayed there till around 11am'ish and action was almost non-stop even till than. It was absolutely awesome morning. Never seen so many hook ups, so many landed fishies.

Hot lure of the morning was Rapala J13's. People were loosing their J13's left and right too~, $10 a pop, it's a lot of money lost to the salmon.

God, I love overcast weather.

#54 kabes

kabes

Sunfish

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:25 PM

I was there from 6:30 am to 11:00 am. The place was packed and the action was non-stop. Probably seen 10-15 fish landed while I was there and maybe another 20-30 that were lost. I should have showed up earlier as I didn't get a great spot and paid the price ... only a few hits and went 0-for-0. Most people were catching them in the areas outlined below.

And yes, one of those orange J13's floating out to sea was mine ... it wasn't even a day old.

Attached Images

• credit river.jpg

#55 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:56 PM

Thanks for the updates!

It looks like today's awesome action coincided nicely with this:

Attached Images

• credithydrosep12.jpg

#56 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:37 PM

Thanks for the updates!

It looks like today's awesome action coincided nicely with this:

[attachment=0]credithydrosep12.jpg[/attachment]

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could read tomorrow's condition like that? :shock:

Oh btw, funny sighting of the day:

This guy with a UglyStick (black foam handle, crazy backbone on the rod with soft tip), anyways...
He caught a fish and this guy didn't even bother to reel it most of the time, he just held the fish. Walking all of the rocks back and forth back and forth making everybody seat back for... i would say well over 30 minutes.
What is even more funny, it obviously wans't even a big fish because he just wanted to tired the fish to death.
Now when fish was finally dead tired to brought closer to shores,,, fish had a broken fly fishing line on it and this fishermen actually hooked? tangled? up to the fly fishing line and not the fish.

Everybody was like... wow, there goes the prime fishing time~

Oh and yeah he was one of most who didn't bring a fishing net too.

#57 jc53

jc53

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:47 PM

Sunday AM hours update:

It was absolutely perfect morning.

So many fish were hooked/ landed that it felt like everybody atleast had one fish.

Saw multiples of double headers, seen few triple headers too.

Few guys hooked into multiple fish aswell.

During the dark hours, I was getting sh*t load of hits. I think it was hits, i think it was hits, i had to be, I don't think it was the some what choppy waves that sucked my spoon under and made it contact with sh*t load of rocks?

I lost 2 during dark hours,,, couldn't set the hook. Than two or three more fish lost during the fight after sun rise.

I stayed there till around 11am'ish and action was almost non-stop even till than. It was absolutely awesome morning. Never seen so many hook ups, so many landed fishies.

Hot lure of the morning was Rapala J13's. People were loosing their J13's left and right too~, $10 a pop, it's a lot of money lost to the salmon.

God, I love overcast weather.

Mikey
That was a blast, the hottest I have ever seen in a while. Lost some crankbaits, 3/4 oz x-raps and a couple J13.
They were just zoned in on them like crazy.
Managed 3 today 2 chinook hens and a beautiful rainbow. Action cam in waves.

Some guys were using micky mouse outfits hogging up the rocks....and precious time

Need to re stock LOL

Jose

#58 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:52 PM

Oh yeah... few people lost a lot of LURE$.
When did you catch a rainbow? i guess after I left? or before I arrived?

and yeah,,, seen few micky mouse setups, another bobber fishing! too... geez

Also, I guess it was hits during the dark/wavey hours, eh? I thought I was clipping rocks or something on every cast.

#59 jc53

jc53

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:57 PM

Mikey
After you just left the clouds came back and another round of fresh fish.

Cast ....... fresh chinook hen 20 lbs

Cast ..... beautiful rainbow 10 lbs. Not much of a fight though not even a minute

Both and a X-rap 3/4 oz perch pattern.

#60 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:00 PM

Mikey
After you just left the clouds came back and another round of fresh fish.

Cast ....... fresh chinook hen 20 lbs

Cast ..... beautiful rainbow 10 lbs. Not much of a fight though not even a minute

Both and a X-rap 3/4 oz perch pattern.

Oh no, you just gave out the secret recipe of the day!!

ALso, J13/X-Rap those don't exactly dive that deep, I wonder if salmon will pound on sub surface/surface lures? That would be some crazy sight to be had...