• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#61 ex0or

ex0or

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:03 PM

i geezzzz im fishing in port credit for whole week i stopped at sunday Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and im reading all your post about this morning im angry with my self lol i hope tomorrow morning i will get one too if they are still there lol if someone here going fishing tomorrow they gonna find me in the mouth of port credit. :shock: i hope i have luck tomorrow :shock:

#62 jc53

jc53

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:31 PM

Sunday AM hours update:

During the dark hours, I was getting sh*t load of hits. I think it was hits, i think it was hits, i had to be, I don't think it was the some what choppy waves that sucked my spoon under and made it contact with sh*t load of rocks?

I lost 2 during dark hours,,, couldn't set the hook. Than two or three more fish lost during the fight after sun rise.

I stayed there till around 11am'ish and action was almost non-stop even till than. It was absolutely awesome morning. Never seen so many hook ups, so many landed fishies.

Hot lure of the morning was Rapala J13's. People were loosing their J13's left and right too~, $10 a pop, it's a lot of money lost to the salmon.

God, I love overcast weather.

I was getting a lot of ton of light hits I could not hook up either. Jack salmons probably.
Jose

#63 desi

desi

Sunfish

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:05 AM

What are the chances of catching them during the day? I was thinking of taking a day off.... it's a long drive (1+ hr) for me, so I want to be able to spend some time there.

#64 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:14 AM

What are the chances of catching them during the day? I was thinking of taking a day off.... it's a long drive (1+ hr) for me, so I want to be able to spend some time there.

chance is lower BUT there still are fish being caught through out the day.
but still if you are going to take a day off,,, try to take a day off where it's a day after some heavy rain or something and try to early morning.

Also, where do you live that you need to drive 1+ hours? maybe there are somewhere else that may be closer to u

#65 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:20 AM

Thursday weather is looking good so far.

#66 desi

desi

Sunfish

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:40 AM

I am in Newmarket...

Planning on spending Friday night (and early Saturday morning) at Credit as well :shock: Gotta get me my first Salmon soon.... wifie will be coming along this time as well. She says it'll bring me good luck...lol

#67 pasy56

pasy56

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:48 PM

hey openfire,

What size siwash hooks?

#68 ex0or

ex0or

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:51 PM

(8:00 to 11:00am) today is a bad day i hooked 4 times and they got away :shock: i hope tomorrow will be a nice and lucky day see you in port credit who will go fishing tomorrow im there :shock:

#69 desi

desi

Sunfish

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:12 PM

Hooking 4 times in 3 hrs is a bad day? :shock:

I have hooked once this year, after about 10 trips :shock:

#70 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:27 PM

(8:00 to 11:00am) today is a bad day i hooked 4 times and they got away :shock: i hope tomorrow will be a nice and lucky day see you in port credit who will go fishing tomorrow im there :shock:

How about some detailed updates ?

#71 ex0or

ex0or

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:37 PM

well today is not like sunday its slow movement they bite after for long long time you casting its raining when i got there. the water is not clear its too muddy i use my cleo white with orange dot 3/4 and they bite it 4 fish got away :shock: tomorrow i will go there again and i will update here :shock:

#72 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:42 PM

I am in Newmarket...

Planning on spending Friday night (and early Saturday morning) at Credit as well :shock: Gotta get me my first Salmon soon.... wifie will be coming along this time as well. She says it'll bring me good luck...lol

I think you've picked a great day to fish.

#73 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:43 PM

well today is not like sunday its slow movement they bite after for long long time you casting its raining when i got there. the water is not clear its too muddy i use my cleo white with orange dot 3/4 and they bite it 4 fish got away :shock: tomorrow i will go there again and i will update here :shock:

What type will you be there? What spot will you be casting?
I may go and work out too.

#74 ex0or

ex0or

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:13 PM

Posted Image

U can see me in this red spot tomorrow im a pilipino its easy to you to see me lol :shock:

#75 ex0or

ex0or

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:12 PM

Today is bad day i lost my green j13 and one cleo :shock: its too muddy again and salmon is jumping but they dont bite :shock: i hope this days come salmon will bite :shock: ..... update for today

#76 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:42 PM

Today is bad day i lost my green j13 and one cleo :shock: its too muddy again and salmon is jumping but they dont bite :shock: i hope this days come salmon will bite :shock: ..... update for today

Thanks for the update. Yeah I've noticed that too, when they're jumping they're generally not hitting. What time were you there today?

#77 ex0or

ex0or

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for the update. Yeah I've noticed that too, when they're jumping they're generally not hitting. What time were you there today?

i got there at 6:40am and i started casting until 10:30am :shock:

#78 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:24 PM

You got there at the end of the prime time. Next time try to get there an hour earlier if you can. The bite is usually great from 5:30 AM to ~ 6:30 AM, but it can last longer depending on factors like overcast skies, water temps, etc...

edit * Ignore the above statement -- I just realized that we're already into the 3rd week of September and sunrise is much later than it was few weeks ago. Sorry, about that. :oops: The bottom line is try to be there just before sunrise and stay until the sun has risen. That's the prime time...*

#79 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:30 PM

hey openfire,

What size siwash hooks?

Either 2/0 or 3/0, depending on the size of the spoon.

Mind you, these hooks are most effective when the salmon are aggressively hitting.

#80 L84FishN

L84FishN

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:32 PM

alright guys i'll be at the port tonight!
hope to see some of you guys there!
i'll report back if anything happens!