• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 MENACE

MENACE

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:58 PM

Went out to the creek today at petro canada park, Was there at sunrisse, Walked the creek a good ways and not a sign of a Salmon dead or alive. Went down to the pier salmon were jumping all over the place. Saw a couple lost and 1 landed. Did not hook into any myself.

#2 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:33 PM

Thanks for the update. I am hearing the same... Lots of salmon at the mouth, but I think we need a really good rain to push them into the rivers as I hear that Bronte water levels are extremely low.

#3 mattydublu

mattydublu

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:57 PM

Does anyone have any info on Petro Canada Park or Bronte Pier?

I was down at the pier this morning at about 5 throwing some spoons and crank baits and nothing was biting at all. I heard a few jumps but not much action at all.

I left at about 6:30 for Petro Canada Park and walked up the creek a few km's. No fish, dead or alive and everyone I ran into had nothing doing either.

I stopped in at Petro Canada Park on Saturday morning to see if it was busy and there were a fair number of ppl there and 1 guy I talked to had landed a salmon but he said there wasn't much action at all.

I was at Bronte Pier last Wednesday from about 5:30-8 and there were fishing jumping all over the place and a think at least 1 person landed one, and the guy I was fishing with hooked but lost one, so they seemed to be biting then, but nothing was doing in the Creek or the pier this morning?

What's even stranger is I was fishing in Petro Canada Park on labour day Monday or Sunday and was walking up the creek and saw about half a dozen dead salmon at various places.

Any thoughts? I just find it strange. Have the salmon moved up the creek, or have they even started yet? I know at Erindale there were a lot of salmon running up the river and I saw a few landed.

#4 MuskeyBait

MuskeyBait

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:31 PM

I've tried fishing at bronte creek for the past 3 days between 4-8:30, no luck yet. Tonnes of fish jumping around, but didnt land any yet. I actually had one one on my line today but it got off unfortunately

#5 mattydublu

mattydublu

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:51 AM

Were in the Creek or at the Pier? I was at the Pier this morning as well. Not much going on in the harbour itself. But a guy landed a large salmon right at the tip of the pier and he said he had seen a lot of fish jumping out on the open water.

#6 MuskeyBait

MuskeyBait

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:16 PM

I fished off various spots on the pier, and also just past where the boats are under the bridge which seems like the best bet to get a fish IMO. If anyone knows of any good spots up the river, plz let me know :)

I did see a ridiculous amount of fish jumping around there. One jump every 4-5 minutes!

#7 mattydublu

mattydublu

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:04 PM

What time were you there at? I was there from about 5:30-7ish and didn't see much jumping on the harbout itself, but a guy told me there were a ton jumping on the open water beyond the pier. Were they jumping later in the morning, or was I just completely blind this morning?

#8 MuskeyBait

MuskeyBait

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:07 PM

I was there around the same time as you, and I was just past where the boats are under the bridge. thats where I saw all the fish jumping, tonnes of them!

#9 mattydublu

mattydublu

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:47 PM

Hmmmm, that's a good sign I guess. They're probably waiting for some rain to swim up river, cause the Creek portion up stream has been pretty dead by all accounts! I guess I should move from the pier to around the bridge. Were you just on the shore? I think I know the spot, btw where the boat/docks end & the Lakeshore bridge?

#10 MENACE

MENACE

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:54 PM

Yeea i saw nothing at petro can park. Im going to head out there friday after work and see whats up.

#11 Majstor

Majstor

VIP Pro Staff

• Active Members
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:18 PM

it says rain tomorrow Thursday and Friday so maybee they'll finally start moving up.I like fishing that creek but water over the years has drained more and more :)

#12 MuskeyBait

MuskeyBait

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:47 PM

Hmmmm, that's a good sign I guess. They're probably waiting for some rain to swim up river, cause the Creek portion up stream has been pretty dead by all accounts! I guess I should move from the pier to around the bridge. Were you just on the shore? I think I know the spot, btw where the boat/docks end & the Lakeshore bridge?

yup, thats the spot. I'll be there today at about 5!

#13 fishinguypat

fishinguypat

Sunfish

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:18 PM

has the water at bronte risen yet?in petro park? I was there last week and there were no fish and the water was low

#14 swica18

swica18

Sunfish

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:10 PM

I was at bronte on tuseday no fish from petro it the qew but after that theres a few up. but the waters really really low

#15 fishinguypat

fishinguypat

Sunfish

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:44 PM

do you think its worth it for me to go on Saturday Morning or evening? if we get some rain?

#16 swica18

swica18

Sunfish

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:04 PM

yeah why not im gonna try going sunday night

#17 MENACE

MENACE

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:21 PM

Was at petro can park today. I must have seen fish clear the water over 200 times. I had no luck but i saw a couple landed as well as 4 nice bows landed. I really need some roe ;;

#18 swica18

swica18

Sunfish

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:06 PM

really bows? i think im gonna tommorow then

#19 fishinguypat

fishinguypat

Sunfish

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:07 PM

so the fish are in the park? ...

#20 MENACE

MENACE

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:01 PM

Yes the fish are in the park, for the most part they are holding up past the bridge where its posted no fishing. But ive heard you are alloud to fish up there now? Thats where all the bows were caught. Standing on the concrete though i saw salmon after salmon swimming back and forth and seen a few bows following them. Im going to head out there tomorrow night this time prepared to float fish and hopefully get a few on teh line.