Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:10 AM

Thanks Maus for confirming!

#42 FrankTheRabbit

FrankTheRabbit

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 04:23 PM

Just throwing an update. The salmon are still there and speaking to another fellow angler, he told me that he landed a brown trout as well. I don't know if it's a common thing to see trout at Wilmot, but it's definitely a needle in a haystack.

As for the salmon, they're still there — both dead and alive. I had a fish on yesterday and almost wiped out in the waters from slipping on a salmon head. hah And when I tried to land the fish on the shore, there wasn't much wiggle room because of the the rotting carcasses there too. It's not a pleasant smell, but if you can get over it, there's still a bit of salmon left. There were the odd ones here and there swimming up and perhaps with the rain coming, it'll allow more salmon to come up.

Some fella last week was able to drive his 4x4 down at the pool too. At first I thought it was MNR and was excited because they would've busted out the tickets. But it was just another angler. I have no idea how they got their vehicle down there without taking the train tracks.

#43 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:14 PM

Just throwing an update. The salmon are still there and speaking to another fellow angler, he told me that he landed a brown trout as well. I don't know if it's a common thing to see trout at Wilmot, but it's definitely a needle in a haystack.

As for the salmon, they're still there — both dead and alive. I had a fish on yesterday and almost wiped out in the waters from slipping on a salmon head. hah And when I tried to land the fish on the shore, there wasn't much wiggle room because of the the rotting carcasses there too. It's not a pleasant smell, but if you can get over it, there's still a bit of salmon left. There were the odd ones here and there swimming up and perhaps with the rain coming, it'll allow more salmon to come up.

Some fella last week was able to drive his 4x4 down at the pool too. At first I thought it was MNR and was excited because they would've busted out the tickets. But it was just another angler. I have no idea how they got their vehicle down there without taking the train tracks.

Thanks for the update. Over the winter wilmot is steelhead heaven!

#44 FrankTheRabbit

FrankTheRabbit

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:15 PM

so looking forward to this!

#45 Maus

Maus

Earthworm

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:06 PM

Over the winter wilmot is steelhead heaven!

Pedro,
As a complete newbie, may I ask for some details ? I mean - lure, places, time and weather etc ?

Thanks =)

#46 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:51 PM

Over the winter wilmot is steelhead heaven!

Pedro,
As a complete newbie, may I ask for some details ? I mean - lure, places, time and weather etc ?

Thanks =)

Late winter is usually best, but there's always some. Up to December 31st you can fish to the highway 2 bridge. Then it's....well you know the rest!

I'm going to go there on weekends and bust some steel! Oh ya as for places it's wherever you see fish!

#47 Maus

Maus

Earthworm

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:58 PM

Thanks for your input, Pedro !
I'll try there some day =)

#48 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:48 PM

Not much I can help you with really other than words of excitement. I`m a newb myself!

#49 Jon_570

Jon_570

Earthworm

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:36 PM

Was there today only a few salmon swimming a round and some rainbows moving in.

#50 kabes

kabes

Sunfish

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:13 PM

fished the mouth today for a few hours ... still salmon there.
plenty of action about 100 m in but you need waders to get across.
didn't get anything but saw 3 or 4 landed

#51 FrankTheRabbit

FrankTheRabbit

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:08 PM

BTW, someone got busted here by a CO yesterday. When the CO came, all the Euros bolted, but came back afterwards with their egg sinkers and double treble hook setups.

Just goes to show that there's not enough officers to enforce the law there.

#52 kabes

kabes

Sunfish

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:21 PM

why did they take off ... no licenses?

#53 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:26 PM

someone on OFF got busted by the CO???

Its funny how they fish like that. Same at the humber river. Wading through and bullets passing by me.

Most of them old school though so I tend to ignore them.

#54 Beatles

Beatles

Sunfish

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:42 PM

The COs were back today and are keeping a close eye on it and IT'S ABOUT TIME.

#55 Beatles

Beatles

Sunfish

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:51 PM

:wink: :lol: :lol:

#56 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:53 PM

snip

#57 FrankTheRabbit

FrankTheRabbit

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:25 PM

someone on OFF got busted by the CO???

Its funny how they fish like that. Same at the humber river. Wading through and bullets passing by me.

Most of them old school though so I tend to ignore them.

I don't know if anyone from OFF got busted. Just saying that someone that was at Wilmot got busted for snagging. It's so late for the officers to arrive and enforce the law. The season is pretty much done with salmon and the dead fish are everywhere. I think if I were a CO and visited Wilmot for the first time, I'd be so appalled but the crap that gets left behind.

#58 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:11 PM

lol openfire got busted for snagging hehehe ah man I ate too much night night

#59 desi

desi

Sunfish

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:37 AM

Really?

#60 frozenfire

frozenfire

• Active Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:31 PM

lol openfire got busted for snagging hehehe ah man I ate too much night night

I don't think it's very wise to call out the admin like that. Especially considering he doesn't even touch the rivers for salmon.