• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 fisher12

fisher12

Perch

• Active Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:00 PM

I'm going here today to fish, can you guys give me any advice about here?
I plan to use worms and a bobber.

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:15 PM

good luck.

if you see your bobber move but keep failing to set the hook then use a smaller bobber and slightly smaller hooks.

#3 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:18 PM

There are bass in there (confirmed)... but I have read conflicting reports as to whether or not fishing is permitted in this pond (pond 149).

I would double check to make sure you are allowed to fish there.

#4 fisher12

fisher12

Perch

• Active Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:19 PM

There are bass in there (confirmed)... but I have read conflicting reports as to whether or not fishing is permitted in this pond (pond 149).

okay thanks.

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:21 PM

yes you are allowed to fish there.

just only on one side of the pond.

also it really should be off limits because it say on the city website.

also im hoping they do the same with high park pond again. the moment it opened up it got raped so bad. it really sucks in there now.

#6 fisher12

fisher12

Perch

• Active Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:25 PM

okay thanks.

openfire ,http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/LetsFish/2ColumnSubPage/STEL02_165643.html states it as a fishing spot, it is issued by the ministry also.

#7 fisher12

fisher12

Perch

• Active Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:21 PM

It has lots of catfish, I got a few bites but none landed unfortunately.

#8 Mykester

Mykester

Perch

• Active Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:21 PM

I was going to go there today lol, but decided to go perching instead. Caught carp and some ukrainian dude says he releases a bunch of fish in there, plus all the aquarium pets.

@toca I agree, last time I was at grenadier some dude kept all his sunfish, they should make it a sanctuary or atleast catch and release.

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:30 PM

hahaha. transporting live fish plus aquarium pets.

#10 Mykester

Mykester

Perch

• Active Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:24 PM

fisher12 next time you go aim to be there at sunrise, with night starting early and ending sooner it won't be too early. In the morning the pike and bass are active, or if you want the bullheads go on a feeding frenzy in the morning, caught them on corn

#11 fisher12

fisher12

Perch

• Active Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:19 PM

fisher12 next time you go aim to be there at sunrise, with night starting early and ending sooner it won't be too early. In the morning the pike and bass are active, or if you want the bullheads go on a feeding frenzy in the morning, caught them on corn

okay thanks for telling me. Where do you catch pike and bass, Grenadier pond?

#12 Mykester

Mykester

Perch

• Active Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:36 PM

centennial, I've seen them caught on spinners. But if you're felling adventurous, I would suggest you would go to the creek that flows through the park (very near the pond) and try to catch some chub. That would be deadly.

#13 fisher12

fisher12

Perch

• Active Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:41 PM

centennial, I've seen them caught on spinners. But if you're felling adventurous, I would suggest you would go to the creek that flows through the park (very near the pond) and try to catch some chub. That would be deadly.

There's probably only a few pike in there.

#14 Mykester

Mykester

Perch

• Active Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:52 PM

Bass will also go after chub. and giant bullheads

#15 fisher12

fisher12

Perch

• Active Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:10 PM

Everyone was bottom fishing, a sinker at the end, and hooks up the line. Worms seemed to be the thing. So are the bass in high populations and what about the pike?

#16 Mykester

Mykester

Perch

• Active Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:46 PM

Everyone was bottom fishing, a sinker at the end, and hooks up the line. Worms seemed to be the thing. So are the bass in high populations and what about the pike?

centennial isn't really a pro area, do your own thang

#17 TorontoMikey86

TorontoMikey86

Sunfish

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:54 PM

So after feeling quite lazy this week and not being up for venturing out onto the stream's, i decided i would check out centennial park today, considering it's been about 6 or 7 years since i've been there last. Unfortunately it seems like there is nothing in the pond anymore :(. After trying numerous types of lures and bait's, i gave up. This pond used to produce so many fish when i was younger but i guess that's what happen's when a body of water is over fished. If anyone has had luck in this pond with in the last year i'd love to know. I just didn't want to give up hope on a nice body of water so close to my house :S.

#18 fisher12

fisher12

Perch

• Active Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:36 PM

So after feeling quite lazy this week and not being up for venturing out onto the stream's, i decided i would check out centennial park today, considering it's been about 6 or 7 years since i've been there last. Unfortunately it seems like there is nothing in the pond anymore :(. After trying numerous types of lures and bait's, i gave up. This pond used to produce so many fish when i was younger but i guess that's what happen's when a body of water is over fished. If anyone has had luck in this pond with in the last year i'd love to know. I just didn't want to give up hope on a nice body of water so close to my house :S.

just read post #7.

#19 TorontoMikey86

TorontoMikey86

Sunfish

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:07 PM

just read post #7.

You caught that this year?..also what bait did you use?..thanks :D..

#20 fisher12

fisher12

Perch

• Active Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:55 PM

You caught that this year?..also what bait did you use?..thanks :D..

yeah last weekend, using worms.