• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:36 AM

Click on a coloured section of the river on the map below to view open season details.

#2 420Fisher

420Fisher

Sunfish

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:53 AM

this year in the Reg book, the Bronte is open to the CP rail bridge located in Progreston....
fish on...

#3 Guest_blair_*

Guest_blair_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:53 PM

#4 420Fisher

420Fisher

Sunfish

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:00 PM

is this make a current update with new reg's for 2011?
regulations for zone 16 on the Bronte creek says :
Bronte Creek - City of Burlington and Flamborough Twp., from the C.P.R. track in the Village of Progreston downstream to the south side of Hwy. 407, including part of Limestone Creek upstream to Steeles Avenue in the Town of Milton.

#5 briguy

briguy

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:39 PM

From the 2011 regs book-

Bronte Creek - City of Burlington and Flamborough Twp., from the C.P.R. track in the Village of Progreston downstream to the south side of Hwy. 407, including part of Limestone Creek upstream to Steeles Avenue in the Town of Milton.

Fish sanctuary - no fishing from
Jan. 1 - Fri. before 4th Sat. in Apr. &
Oct. 1 - Dec. 31.

so the map is correct

#6 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:18 PM

I parked at a park close to the mouth at bronte (not sure of the name but it wasnt petro, it was in a neighborhood) and there was a no fishing sign. How is this possible if it is all open?

#7 briguy

briguy

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:55 PM

I parked at a park close to the mouth at bronte (not sure of the name but it wasnt petro, it was in a neighborhood) and there was a no fishing sign. How is this possible if it is all open?

Town of Oakville imposed a no fishing zone between Lakeshore and Rebbeca after the MNR lifted the sanctuary status, you can only fish there if your in a boat

#8 NADO

NADO

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:53 AM

so would mnr fine you if they caught you or just bylaw/police?

#9 briguy

briguy

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:08 AM

so would mnr fine you if they caught you or just bylaw/police?

Yup, they can also charge for drinking

tresspassing charges

#10 NADO

NADO

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:21 PM

I just cant wrap my head around why the city would make a no shore fishing law when the MNR lifted the sanctuary status. Do they want to keep people from walking down there? because I assume it is ok to go down there without a fishing pole...and kids can still go down there and mess around without a fishing pole. So what is the real benefit to the city for making this no shore fishing law?

What if i were to wade through the river, would it be like wading through the river to fish private property?

#11 briguy

briguy

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:06 PM

So what is the real benefit to the city for making this no shore fishing law?

What if i were to wade through the river, would it be like wading through the river to fish private property?

Littering is the main reason, its only a matter of time until the gates are locked at petro park, this season is prime example, they kept the park locked until after the opener and I wont be surprised if it gets locked down as soon as kids soccer is done, if people don't start cleaning up after themselves we are all going to lose our shore access

water thru that stretch is too deep to wade but if you could wade it your good but don't step on shore with a rod cause then your trespassing

#12 Majstor

Majstor

VIP Pro Staff

• Active Members
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:43 PM

its not just littering its people gutting salmons and throwing them in bushes and it stinks like hell. To many males i guess some folk still cant tell between a male and a female.

#13 Guest_Dilligaf0220_*

Guest_Dilligaf0220_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:15 AM

Oakville is the least fishing friendly municipality on Lake O, there's been a longstanding feud between the entitled monied people who own prime waterfront real estate and the annual angler invasion. The provincial sanctuary was only a political one, once the Harris Tories were voted out it was repealed.

That's nothing compared to the BS the trolling guys go through at the Bronte ramp, up to and including alot of sail boat yachties vandalizing trailers of all the fishermen that disturb sailors trying to sleep off their hangovers on the weekends.

#14 Porter86

Porter86

Perch

• Active Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:33 PM

They did such a beautiful job down there at Petro this year with the new board walk, and they went in and cleared all the bushes and weeds, everything was open aside from the gardens they had going on, i walked down while the gates were still closed back at the end of april, and I was soo impressed, I went down last week, and looks like crap again down there. I never have gone further south than rebecca, but im tempted now just to walk in in the water and see what the big deal is between lakeshore and rebecca exactly. I wonder if some have water access.

#15 LogJam

LogJam

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:07 AM

if this map is right? then how come the reg book says "c.p rail in Progreston"
there is a dam and fish ladder there,
and also lowvelle park, another fish ladder and dam...

i really think this map is miss leading......

#16 fisher12

fisher12

Perch

• Active Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:09 PM

Well the map was made in 2010

#17 Meppsman

Meppsman

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:28 PM

Well. I dont see how the map is misleading. The rules for fishing around dams is the same no matter where you go.

#18 aaron

aaron

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:12 AM

Hi
Never fished this sysem before and it is close to my home in Guelph. Not asking for fishing locations just wondering where I can park legally to access the river. Once im there walking to find locations and less people is not an issue. Im looking at maps and having a hard time locating access spots

Thanks

#19 dwarf717

dwarf717

Sunfish

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:38 AM

You fish in that closed section, and the local gestapo will get you! They have nothing better to do around there. I bet if you're in a boat they still get you. I saw them charge a native last year, and he was near the bridge, and before the no fishing sign. We took off before Col. Klink got to us.

#20 NADO

NADO

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:48 PM

You fish in that closed section, and the local gestapo will get you! They have nothing better to do around there. I bet if you're in a boat they still get you. I saw them charge a native last year, and he was near the bridge, and before the no fishing sign. We took off before Col. Klink got to us.

Are you talking about the no shore fishing area? Who was it that charged them?