Photo

Bronte Creek - Oakville

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Dilligaf0220_*

Guest_Dilligaf0220_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:43 AM

Halton Police, it's a trespassing charge. In the neighbourhood of a $300 ticket I believe.

#22 staffman

staffman

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:15 PM

Anyone fishing Bronte any more or have all the fish gone back to the lake?

#23 LogJam

LogJam

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:44 PM

Anyone fishing Bronte any more or have all the fish gone back to the lake?

there still a few in there.. alot are past the open section.. gotta wait for spring time...
but many pools are holding fish, as long as no one has spooked them...

#24 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:34 AM

KUDOS for this valuable information and resource!!

#25 pop-vlado

pop-vlado

Sunfish

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

For those wondering about the Lakeshore-Rebecca stretch. I was wading (...more like standing a meter from the shore) there last year and was approached by a cop. When he saw that I didn't have any gutted up fish with me, he let me go without a ticket but he said: If you're touching bottom, you are trespassing and will be ticketed. If you are in a boat then you are ok.

I kayak that stretch of river when the salmon come in. Why? Because the water is deeper there and the salmon are still aggressive in there. You can catch them on joined rapalas and it really is a blast to get them in that deeper water.

#26 riverhugger

riverhugger

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

I had no clue that stretch was illegal to wade through I was wading through parts of it a week or two back starting from PCP.

I didn't see nay signs telling me it was private property.

#27 Guest_RiverNinja_*

Guest_RiverNinja_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:14 PM

I had no clue that stretch was illegal to wade through I was wading through parts of it a week or two back starting from PCP.

I didn't see nay signs telling me it was private property.

IIRC, that land is owned by the marina.. only boating and or "floating" is permitted to hit those waters.

#28 redneckchromer

redneckchromer

Perch

• Active Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:37 PM

Oakville is the least angler friendly town. Ive lived here my whole life and have had two local bass ponds drained and filled, seen construction completely destroy the creek i caught my first carp,bass,salmon and steelhead in, and then you got the rich people who live on water that think they own the water and try to get you to leave, probably the same people with million dollar cottages up north that blast music on their docks when they see you fishing near their place. O and not to mention the only place we had to ride our dirtbikes our offroad trucks and atvs is now gone as well. OAKVILLE SUCKS lol

#29 schnip

schnip

Perch

• Active Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

i dont know how you guys do it...went to the credit and bronte today--left with9out fishing---crowds===brutal drove back home and went to some east tribs---barely any people awesome

#30 mlakic

mlakic

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 11:26 AM

Is Bronte creek open all year 

#31 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:18 PM

Bronte Creek - Town of Oakville from Hwy. 2 upstream to the south side of Hwy. 407.

4th Sat in April till Dec 31st.         HWY2 to Lake Ontario open all year long.