east dec 2

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 efka

efka

• Active Members
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:17 PM

all this rain from 2 days ago made the creeks run very high, it was a gamble going today even though it didn't rain yesterday, the creek i went to was still dirty, vis ~6" at best, and it's known for clearing up fastest of all.
long story short went 4/7. 3.5, a pair of 6's, and a 9.5 pounder, yeah im digital now :mrgreen:
good luck to anyone still fishing and enjoy while you can.
snapped a couple of pics to give some of you a little bit of motivation to get out there ;)
they all look the same anyway
enjoy

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Majstor

Majstor

VIP Pro Staff

• Active Members
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:26 PM

efka that net u carry can those fish fit in it like the whole body? I'm thinking of gettin one. Nice fish btw :wink:

#3 efka

efka

• Active Members
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:32 PM

efka that net u carry can those fish fit in it like the whole body? I'm thinking of gettin one. Nice fish btw :wink:

i know, the hole looks small, but the net stretches and fits 10 pounders like candies.

#4 Majstor

Majstor

VIP Pro Staff

• Active Members
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:40 PM

sweet i might pick one up.

#5 frozenfire

frozenfire

• Active Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:45 PM

Don't you work?!!?
:D nice ones

I was in the area and checked out a creek this morning.
It was 2 ft higher and chocolate milk.

#6 efka

efka

• Active Members
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:00 PM

Don't you work?!!?
:D nice ones

I was in the area and checked out a creek this morning.
It was 2 ft higher and chocolate milk.

lol i do, but some arrangements can be made,
tomorrow is my last day of fishing this year. next report will be in February from ice,

#7 troutchaser

troutchaser

Sunfish

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:10 PM

Nice fish, I'm gonna start bringing my net along with me now, thought itd be too small for bows but i guess im wrong :P

#8 Fishheads

Fishheads

Float Fishing Superstore

• Active Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:36 PM

Nice Shots. Looks like a great day all round. :shock:

#9 FrankTheRabbit

FrankTheRabbit

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:54 PM

hard to concentrate at work when looking at these photos. Just makes me wish I was at the tribs too!

#10 LICENSETOPIN

LICENSETOPIN

Skrilla Skrilla

• Active Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:59 PM

good to see someone did good today! ended up just sitting watching the turbid water for a couple hours wondering where the fish would sit when its a whole 3 ft deeper. ofcourse the water color didnt help haha.
tomorows guna be a different story =)

#11 tangledline

tangledline

Perch

• Active Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:45 PM

efka....fish any of us would love to have caught....sweet.....but what is this...more work less fishing....the fish must be having a party...their nemisis efka is on holidays and they will be much safer.....dec 04 the fish will be so happy and relieved ;-)

#12 getin

getin

Perch

• Active Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:58 PM

Good for you with 4 bows! The female seems to have a belly full of eggs

Just wondering what difference clear water make if you use row (well, anythign with good smell)? I suppose the fish follows the smell and grabs it ..? Any comment?

#13 efka

efka

• Active Members
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:16 AM

Stained water roe works best, yes it's the smell, maybe sound if it's bouncing on the bottom.
In clear water I have more luck using jigs.

#14 efka

efka

• Active Members
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:51 AM

efka....fish any of us would love to have caught....sweet.....but what is this...more work less fishing....the fish must be having a party...their nemisis efka is on holidays and they will be much safer.....dec 04 the fish will be so happy and relieved ;-)

LMAO

#15 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:04 AM

Just wondering what difference clear water make if you use row (well, anythign with good smell)? I suppose the fish follows the smell and grabs it ..? Any comment?

Clear water, roe needs a more natural looking presentation, for dirty water when the fsh are hugging the bottom I like to trot massive sacs, stained water anything works, but I prefer larger roe sacs, 4 - 6 eggs.

Yes, it is the scent that does help with gettng the fishes attention, lots of people say keep your hands clean while tying roe or flies, even nicotine can leave traces of scent that can freak the fish out, I'm not sure how true the nicotine statment is, I smoke and have no problems.

You will also find guys on the creeks scenting their flies with various store purchased products and homemade stuff. I dont scent my flies, however any rubbery plastic worm I've got gets scented with my secret formula ;)

Nice fish eva, looks like you're fishing that honey hole I showed you. I'm heading there tomorrow, I think :blink:

#16 Mykester

Mykester

Perch

• Active Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:08 AM

eva is a girl's name...