• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 FISHCHRIS

FISHCHRIS

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:42 PM

hello out there new to the forum, been fishing for several years since i was a kid on somewhat of a regular basis. mostly shore fishing on the detroit river and a bit at lak est.clair. usually catch a little bit of everything like bass,perch walleye, catfish, white bassand the ocassional pike and muskie. the last couple of years though i've become hooked on this float fishing with centerpins and float rods chasing rainbows/steelheads. only been three times to the niagara and once to the credit so far no luck,still learning as i can only make to these places a few times each year. wish i lived closer to some of the rivers and tribs, ah maybe someday.

#2 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:27 AM

It's funny, a lot of steelheaders around here wish they were closer to Niagara to fish the whirlpool. There are a couple of good tribs in southern ON that I'm aware of... maybe worth giving a second look.

Welcome to OFF!

#3 FISHCHRIS

FISHCHRIS

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:26 PM

It's funny, a lot of steelheaders around here wish they were closer to Niagara to fish the whirlpool. There are a couple of good tribs in southern ON that I'm aware of... maybe worth giving a second look.

Welcome to OFF!

thanks for the welcome,maybe you can tell the names of some the southern on tribs i should give a try thanks.

#4 Meppsman

Meppsman

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:40 PM

thanks for the welcome,maybe you can tell the names of some the southern on tribs i should give a try thanks.

A good bet would be Bronte Creek on the opener. Just take HW 401 to Oakville. It's just under a 4 hour drive from Windsor. The only problem would be if it's your first time steelhead fishing you'd want to hook up with someone who knows the area because it might be slightly challenging at first. Hope you catch lots of steelhead!!! :-D

#5 Guest_blair_*

Guest_blair_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:42 PM

[

#6 FISHCHRIS

FISHCHRIS

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:13 AM

hey blair never specifically fished for carp, but there are definately some monsters in the area where i'm from.usually see fish in summertime surfacing always wondered what they were,thought they were bass but ends up its carp coming up to the surface quick and back down.maybe i'll have to give them a try.

#7 Djsms

Djsms

Sunfish

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:55 PM

Hi Chris, isn't grand bend near you?

#8 Guest_blair_*

Guest_blair_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:35 PM

#9 scrapyard

scrapyard

Earthworm

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:36 PM

Hey Chris,

Im just outside of Windsor. Where abouts do you do your fishing?

#10 FISHCHRIS

FISHCHRIS

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:27 PM

hey scrapyard when i fish mostly along the detroit river waterfront area, sometimes at lake st.clair.only been out to belle river a few times.

#11 scrapyard

scrapyard

Earthworm

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:32 AM

You should check out the River Canard in LaSalle / A'burg. There is some great action there, especially in the evening and through the night.

#12 Mike81

Mike81

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:50 AM

Have you tried fishing near ceader beach near kingvsvile? Lots of perch bass catfish and ton of carp. Best to go fishing during early morning and night I found... You can fish right off the dock or go under the bridge there....its no lake Erie...

#13 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:18 PM

whats wrong with erie tribs? plenty of trout in them