• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 diggyj

diggyj

Rice Lake Master

• Active Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:21 AM

Hey all, with the upcoming season starting as soon as the ice breaks on Rice Lake, I am posting in the hopes to find some fishing partners. I fish there all season from ice melt for panfish to closing in December for bass and musky.

I have only fished with one person from this board, and to make my experience on here better and more fulfilling, I think it would be great to meet and fish with other board members.

I have been contacted via PM and email by numerous people over the years but it seems that nobody is serious as they always bail or never commit 100%. So the offer is there for anyone. Cheers.

Dirk

#2 J'snest

J'snest

Sunfish

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:36 PM

Hey all, with the upcoming season starting as soon as the ice breaks on Rice Lake, I am posting in the hopes to find some fishing partners. I fish there all season from ice melt for panfish to closing in December for bass and musky.

I have only fished with one person from this board, and to make my experience on here better and more fulfilling, I think it would be great to meet and fish with other board members.

I have been contacted via PM and email by numerous people over the years but it seems that nobody is serious as they always bail or never commit 100%. So the offer is there for anyone. Cheers.

Dirk

Dirk:

Which end of the Lake do you fish. I live in Muskoka, so if you were up around the north side I would be interested. I can get over to Lindsay/Peterbourough in a couple of hours. Are there Crappies in Rice Lake? I've always wanted to try fishing for them.

Thanks.........

#3 diggyj

diggyj

Rice Lake Master

• Active Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:59 PM

I am at the east end by Roseneth, close to Hastings on the south shore. Yes Rice Lake has a healthy Crappie population. I have been catching some decent slabs every year.

Dirk

#4 westeyes

westeyes

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:30 AM

I rented a cottage on rice lake two summers ago, and the action was plentiful. The area reminded me of Ireland quite a bit (no wonder so many Irish settlers made their way there).

I didn't land any massive fish, but my bait wasn't lonely for too long at any given time.

#5 diggyj

diggyj

Rice Lake Master

• Active Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:04 AM

What area of the lake did you rent at? I love the fishing on Rice Lake...... :mrgreen:

Dirk

#6 westeyes

westeyes

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:21 AM

What area of the lake did you rent at? I love the fishing on Rice Lake...... :mrgreen:

Dirk

Pretty much the area shown in this link:

http://maps.google.c...007961&t=h&z=17

Shallow and weedy good times!

#7 PainInTheBass

PainInTheBass

Sunfish

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:33 AM

Dirk

What kind of time commitment are you looking for? I would love to meet and fish with someone with your knowledge of Rice Lake. Your experience on Rice Lake would be a great tool to have, and makes you a great person to learn from. My concern is that many weekends are already spoken for (wife and weddings and vacation, oh my!), and I would not want to commit, only to be one of those guys who bails on you. However, your request for a fishing partner is tempting, nonetheless.

#8 Jim

Jim

Sunfish

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:28 PM

Love Rice - would be interested to maybe come for a weekend fish - I could stay at a bed and breakfast if your still looking for a fishing guy. Did tournys too - 2 on Rice - 8th one tourney and big fish too. Beat Linda Bird by ounces -she lives on the lake - have secret bait for that lake for SM - stayed in a cottage for a week years back by the tracks in the middle. With notice I can fish - 2 kids so notice a must.

#9 chosen 1

chosen 1

Sunfish

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:10 AM

I am in the roseneath landing area quite a bit. If you're close to there I wouldn't mind hooking up on the lake since I have my own boat. To fish with someone who knows the lake and what baits to use is priceless. It's really hard to believe that there isn't alot more non boaters who jump at the chance to get out on the lake and so some serious fishing from a boat. I'll be up that way on July 23 for BBQ and can't wait to hook into some bass. I also should mention that I am a CPR fishermen since I don't eat fish not that there is anything wrong with keeping a FEW for dinner if that's you're thing.

#10 FrankTheRabbit

FrankTheRabbit

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:07 PM

If there's an open spot, I'd be happy to go. Name the time and place and I'll be there with money for gas and a box of Timmies.

#11 dan poulin

dan poulin

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:40 AM

I'd be more then happy to partner up for a day on rice lake... Of course i'd cover a share of the gas costs and breakfast. Being a homebrewer, I'm also obliged to offer up a couple end of day brews.

dan