#1 L84FishN

L84FishN

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:22 AM

herrrro all!

i have been reading up on places to fish when fishing season starts
and i've read that from bean park (paris ontario) all the way down to brantford (grand river) has some nice trout/steelhead? fishing..

can anybody confirm that they do have trout/steelhead in that stretch of the river??

i also heard that the nith and whitemans creek has trout but i'm not really interested in that part...yet.... :rolleyes:

#2 Djsms

Djsms

Sunfish

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:48 AM

Likely won't get a response as the seaon appraoches. I never fished there so have no first hand info.

#3 steelheader

steelheader

Sunfish

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:07 AM

There are defenetly a ton of steelhead in the paris/brantford stretch of the grand.... whitemans is artificial only im pretty sure but also some very good fishing.

#4 Chachi_420

Chachi_420

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:02 PM

Don't know if you've read up on the GRCA website, but there's Steelhead all up and down that stretch. They are hard to find though. Grindstone Anglers (this is not a plug, bc I think they are rediculously expensive for what they do) guides that stretch a lot in the early season and from what I gather they do very well.

My advice is to read up on the regs, because a lot of that stretch has some very strict no kill zones. Be aware of any angry land owners, they have been known to produce firearams if they catch you on there land.

#5 L84FishN

L84FishN

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:11 PM

yea i read somewhere that 2 guys got shot while fishing on some old dudes property....some scary poop man..

i wouldn't want to go fishing by myself and end up dead.

#6 420Fisher

420Fisher

Sunfish

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:28 PM

herrrro all!

i have been reading up on places to fish when fishing season starts
and i've read that from bean park (paris ontario) all the way down to brantford (grand river) has some nice trout/steelhead? fishing..

can anybody confirm that they do have trout/steelhead in that stretch of the river??

i also heard that the nith and whitemans creek has trout but i'm not really interested in that part...yet.... :rolleyes:

to many ppl go to whitemens..