• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PolishPole

PolishPole

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:10 PM

Hello. Im new to this whole fishing scene :). Just Picked up some stuff to go out and relax and fish. Was at Pinehurst lastnight for a little picnic, and my buddy brought a rod and some worms.. pulled out a few nice 1-2lb LMbass. Put them back right away for some reason? Out of season or somthing? .. anyways got me back into it.
Woulndt Mind some hints and tips around this area. nothing fancy. worms bobber and fish. :)
Thanks.

#2 punkrockerpj

punkrockerpj

Sunfish

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:06 PM

depends on what you want. conestogo is alright for browns i hear, but i've never caught any.
bloomindale is alright for bass. grand river also good for bass just about anywhere. breslau has bass and carp. mostly carp.
speed river in cambridge is pike and bass. but i'd go north for the good edible pike. fergus, elora and belwood dam is great for pike.

all depends on what you're fishin for i guess. i used to say KW sucked for fishing, until i got to know the place.
still sucks for edible, but it's alright for catch and release.

#3 PolishPole

PolishPole

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:16 AM

thank you! appreciate it.. and honestly. all of the above.
Bloomindale I've heard of.. but Im looking at Mannhiem on google earth and i dont see water anywhere? .. Going to take a walk along the grand this weekend down by victoria/Kolb Park Bridge.

#4 punkrockerpj

punkrockerpj

Sunfish

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:06 AM

only place close to mannhiem is new dundee... and it's not really that close.
i used to live by there.... not really anywhere to drop a line...

#5 squishy

squishy

Earthworm

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:27 AM

Hello Polish Pole

I believe (could be wrong) but pine hurst is a catch and release only.

Punkrockerpj, i was up in cambridge tonight at speed river, sadly all we caught was catfish. HOWEVER, other ppl fishing were saying they have been successful there with base and carp. maybe we were doing something wrong ...eeek
but it was nice and peaceful there, not crowded and enjoyed ourselves

#6 punkrockerpj

punkrockerpj

Sunfish

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:26 PM

Hello Polish Pole

I believe (could be wrong) but pine hurst is a catch and release only.

Punkrockerpj, i was up in cambridge tonight at speed river, sadly all we caught was catfish. HOWEVER, other ppl fishing were saying they have been successful there with base and carp. maybe we were doing something wrong ...eeek
but it was nice and peaceful there, not crowded and enjoyed ourselves

i've seen some pretty big pike in there. the carp are monsters.