my first spinning reel broke.

what kind of reel was it?

#22 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:47 PM

Looks like it isnt ALL bad...went to natural sports today and found some great deals. Picked up another compre for 80 bucks!!!!

For the reel I got a shimano sahara, a small step down from the symetre but I dont think I will notice much difference. Got the sahara on sale for 85 bucks too. If anyone is looking for a good deal they have about 8 or so compres left at that price, I got a 7' medium up from a 6'6" medium and im loving the difference in bend already. Went out for some quick carp to test it out today and if feels great!

#23 fisher12

fisher12

Perch

• Active Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:20 PM

Looks like it isnt ALL bad...went to natural sports today and found some great deals. Picked up another compre for 80 bucks!!!!

For the reel I got a shimano sahara, a small step down from the symetre but I dont think I will notice much difference. Got the sahara on sale for 85 bucks too. If anyone is looking for a good deal they have about 8 or so compres left at that price, I got a 7' medium up from a 6'6" medium and im loving the difference in bend already. Went out for some quick carp to test it out today and if feels great!

congrats

#24 Guest_blair_*

Guest_blair_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:39 PM

#25 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:47 PM

Nice, what did you get those on? I got mine on bread today, not my favorite tactic as I cant cast it as far and it doesnt last very long on the hook but it was working so I stuck with it.

#26 chosen 1

chosen 1

Sunfish

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:45 AM

That's a great deal I really like natural sports they always have great deals. It's just to bad that I live in Toronto and it's an hour and fifteen minutes away or I would buy all my gear there. If I am buying something expensive I always call Dave first to see what he has and if it's worth it I take the drive. But being a tackle junkie maybe it's best that i do live this far from him! Lol

#27 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:25 AM

I never lost a rod and reel to a fish, but this brings to mind something funny that happened to me while fishing cats in Cootes Paradise last year.
I had a strike and when I set the hook my line snapped at the float. As I was retying I was watching my float swim up and down along the shoreline. After about 20 minutes it started coming back towards me. When it got close enough I cast right in front of it, a minute later I was reeling in a 7 lb cat along with my lost hook, sinker and float :)
Glad you were able to replace your combo Nado, Good luck with your new one.

Alfie.