• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chosen 1

chosen 1

Sunfish

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:26 AM

Well heading out camping starting on Monday going to six mile lake for 4 days. I can't wait to wet a line however I will be out with the wife and I won't have much time to search for fish yielding waters so if anyone can help out with some locations that they have had some luck or at least some depth ranges that I should be trying. I do have a topographic map of the lake so any info on depth range would help tremendously with shore mapping before I even get there = more fishing and we all know how important more fishing time is when the wife is around. LOL Thanks in advance. P.S. Anyone know where I could purchase leeches in the gta? Thanks again

#2 RedSkullz

RedSkullz

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:12 PM

Six mile is very close to me(25 minute drive) but i have yet to fish it due to so many productive bodies of water locally. Like most bodies of water locally find weedbeds(broadleaf cabbage ideally) in the 10'-15' range and you'll find bass and pike. Use smaller gear like 6lb test and 1/16oz jigheads just off those weedbeds and you might get lucky and find some great tasting slab crappies or walleye. For leeches i am 90% sure they sell them up here at Huronia Bait and tackle which is just off of Highway 12 in fesserton.(5 minutes off highway 400)
Hope that helps!