• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Porter86

Porter86

Perch

• Active Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:39 PM

I would like to know what fish(s) everyone has always wanted to catch in Ontario, but have never had the chance to go after or been able to get one to bite your bait. Or would like to catch more of.

I'll start it off with mine

1: Salmon
2: Pike
3: Cat Fish
4: All Trout

Looking forward to seeing everyone's replys.

#2 Meppsman

Meppsman

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:48 PM

Wow. Not sure. I think I've caught at least one of everything.

1. Musky :o
2. White Crappie
3. Foreign Coursefish :-o
4. Minnow species
5. Dangerous invaders :?

#3 Porter86

Porter86

Perch

• Active Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:56 PM

HAHA...must be nice to have caught at least one of everything :P.

I changed it to have or want to catch more of now as well haha.

#4 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:03 PM

1- Ogopogo..................lol

I'll assume you mean only Ontario fish. Well then I gave up on fly fishing because trouts were difficult to get for me atleast. So:

1- Brook Trout
2- Rainbow Trout
3- Brown Trout

No matter what equipment I used fly, float, spinning, never caught these. Maybe I have'nt been to the right rivers, they are tough fish to get.

#5 getin

getin

Perch

• Active Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:06 AM

Whitefish
Muskie
Dogfish

I have targeted whitefish only though, with no luck

#6 Joel52

Joel52

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:45 AM

Aurora Trout. http://www.ontariotr...rora-trout.html
Outside Ontario, the "Grey Ghost of the Flats" commonly known as Bonefish (Cuba).

#7 Guest_Dilligaf0220_*

Guest_Dilligaf0220_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:24 PM

Always wanted to catch a blue pickerel, but they've been officially labelled extinct.

Now, if you want to talk about daydreaming fishing trip of a lifetime......I've been wanting to take a motorcycle trip through South America with a folding canoe strapped to the back. After catching roosterfish in Mexico, tuna & sailfish in Costa Rica, tarpon out of Nicaragua (lulz) my fish of a lifetime is a little known salmon species in Argentina, the freshwater Dorado.

Posted Image

#8 Porter86

Porter86

Perch

• Active Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:43 PM

Nice fish, I've seen a couple shows were they fishing that. That would be a lot of fun what you want to do lol.

#9 TMAK007

TMAK007

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:09 PM

Nice fish!

Always wanted to catch a blue pickerel, but they've been officially labelled extinct.

Now, if you want to talk about daydreaming fishing trip of a lifetime......I've been wanting to take a motorcycle trip through South America with a folding canoe strapped to the back. After catching roosterfish in Mexico, tuna & sailfish in Costa Rica, tarpon out of Nicaragua (lulz) my fish of a lifetime is a little known salmon species in Argentina, the freshwater Dorado.

Posted Image

#10 TMAK007

TMAK007

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:11 PM

1) Monster Tiger Muskie
2) Monster Pike
3) The Massive Carp in the broke my line and got away twice (or both of them, if it's not the same fish)
4) Monster Walleye
5) Small Mouth Bass - I never caught one of those yet.

#11 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:58 PM

Amazing list dillgaf, my fish would be a Freshwater Sturgeon.

#12 Porter86

Porter86

Perch

• Active Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:05 PM

that would be cool to catch.

#13 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:31 PM

Fishing partner of a lifetime would have to be Jermy Wade of River Monsters. Go with him and catch like Nile Perch or some of the other huge fish that he catches. Dam, some of them would take your head clean off in one CHOMP!.....LOL

#14 Porter86

Porter86

Perch

• Active Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:22 PM

ohhh man, that would be SOOOOO freaking amazing to do!! I love that show.

#15 kabes

kabes

Sunfish

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:43 PM

1. Musky

#16 getin

getin

Perch

• Active Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:07 PM

ohhh man, that would be SOOOOO freaking amazing to do!! I love that show.

which channel is it broadcasted on?

#17 Porter86

Porter86

Perch

• Active Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:13 PM

ummm discovery or history channel.

#18 mikeh

mikeh

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:24 PM

I was lucky enough to live and work on Aruba down in the Caribbean for a few years and have had a few tuna, mahi-mahi, barracuda and reef sharks. The bonefish there are caught by fly fishing! The locals showed me how to balloon fish the islands north offshore reefs.... from onshore.

Over here I would really like to head out and get a Muskie at some point.

#19 DEVIN

DEVIN

Sunfish

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:50 PM

Fishing partner of a lifetime would have to be Jermy Wade of River Monsters. Go with him and catch like Nile Perch or some of the other huge fish that he catches. Dam, some of them would take your head clean off in one CHOMP!.....LOL

AGREEED! that wopuld be awsome

#20 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:37 AM

which channel is it broadcasted on?

River Monsters started on History Channel and has now moved to Discovery. I don't think the season has started yet, they're still showing reruns. I've seen almost every episode. Too bad Ontario's only monster would have to be giant musky, sturgeon or channel cat. They don't compare to what Jeremy catches all over the world. Someone should drop a few of those Nile Perches in Lake Ontario........lol. Or the Wels Catfish, even better would be the Goliath Tigerfish. I'll never swim there again!

Instead all we got is the invasive Goby.........lol. OOOOOOOOOOO very scary.....lol

Wonder if you can online order some baby Nile Perch, have them FedEXed over here in milk cans............hummmmmmmm. Gotta go google it..................lol.