11 replies to this topic

#1 habsfreak18

habsfreak18

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:53 AM

Hi everyone,

Haven't posted in a long time. I was wondering if you guys could estimate when the perch will be coming into Barrie or up near Beaverton (hwy 12). The nights are getting colder and the days shorter.. and I'm itching to catch some tasty perch. I am considering going this weekend to check it out.. let me know what you think. I'll report back if I end up going. Also, a new hockey season is upon us... so that being said.. GO HABS GO

-Mike

#2 Porter86

Porter86

Perch

• Active Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:16 PM

GO HABS GO

GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA

#3 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:21 PM

GO PERCH GO..........haha

#4 habsfreak18

habsfreak18

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:44 PM

Decided against going perch fishing tomorrow, will be going to the Fergus/Elora area to try my luck with some pike instead.. will report (if there is anything to report) asap. Hope I will capture more fish than the Leafs will wins. Shouldn't be too hard.... :P

Go Habs!

-Mike

#5 Porter86

Porter86

Perch

• Active Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:05 AM

HAHAHA...Well best of luck to yeah tomorrow...hopefully do well.

were i hope the habs burn up haha. I can see were this can go haha :P

#6 habsfreak18

habsfreak18

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:13 AM

ARG!

I got skunked this weekend, threw large minnows, small minnows, worms, spinners, everything but the kitchen sink and not even a nibble. Weather was horrendous until around 1 or 2 pm, but by that time my friends' patience had grew thin (and all my large minnows died). Had a bit of a strange encounter at the bait shop, a young guy with his father asked me where I was going fishing, and I told them to the Grand River in the Guelph area (went to Fergus, but didn't specify). He said he hadn't heard of it... then my friends and I arrived in Fergus only to find the same guy and his father taking up the spot I had hoped to fish from. Weird tactics.

There was good news this weekend, the Habs looked impressive last night.

Go Habs Go

-Mike

#7 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:25 AM

ARG!

I got skunked this weekend, threw large minnows, small minnows, worms, spinners, everything but the kitchen sink and not even a nibble. Weather was horrendous until around 1 or 2 pm, but by that time my friends' patience had grew thin (and all my large minnows died). Had a bit of a strange encounter at the bait shop, a young guy with his father asked me where I was going fishing, and I told them to the Grand River in the Guelph area (went to Fergus, but didn't specify). He said he hadn't heard of it... then my friends and I arrived in Fergus only to find the same guy and his father taking up the spot I had hoped to fish from. Weird tactics.

Go Habs Go

-Mike

You were after perch with large minnows? They gotta be big perch there.

I cancelled on John I because the weather looked really bad. We seen this happen in my post "First Contact" a few hours after the sun comes out then the panfish start biting. The late afternoon should have been ok but the morning turned me and probably the fish off. I'm waiting till next weekend.

Looks like you found the bait store owner's secret spot.......lol. I'm surprised they did'nt tell you to go some other place......lol

#8 habsfreak18

habsfreak18

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:56 AM

Haha, no decided against perch fishing, bought small minnows just in case. I was targeting pike this time around, can't wait til the perch come into barrie/beaverton...nothing tastier! I also stopped by Fairy Lake in Acton... no panfish even on worms, let alone any pike/bass. It was "stay home and sleep" weather.. the fish got the memo but i didn't.

Go Habs Go

-Mike

#9 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:57 AM

Haha, no decided against perch fishing, bought small minnows just in case. I was targeting pike this time around, can't wait til the perch come into barrie/beaverton...nothing tastier! I also stopped by Fairy Lake in Acton... no panfish even on worms, let alone any pike/bass. It was "stay home and sleep" weather.. the fish got the memo but i didn't.

Go Habs Go

-Mike

I love pike but don't know any good spots; except for Little Lake, too far for me. Bass are easier to find.....lol. I never liked getting skunked, no one does. I just had a feeling that it would'nt be a good weekend for fishing, only good on tv......haha. Next weekend should be good weather, bad moon position, lots of turkey, bad to eat 4 straight days of it..........lol. Better luck next time.

#10 diggyj

diggyj

Rice Lake Master

• Active Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:54 AM

Perch are already there in large schools.

Dirk

#11 Porter86

Porter86

Perch

• Active Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:31 AM

ARG!

Go Habs Go

-Mike

They may have looked impressive that night before, but they didn't look good when we got a shut out!!! :D :D

GO LEAFS GO!!! lol.

#12 chromefanatic

chromefanatic

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:05 PM

perch should be there soon. Only a couple more months and it will be hard water season!! :grin: