• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 Taylor

Taylor

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:41 AM

POST YOUR 2011 SALMON & TROUT PICS HERE FOR ALL YOUR BRAGGING RIGHTS!!!

#2 Taylor

Taylor

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:48 AM

POST YOUR 2011 SALMON & TROUT PICS HERE FOR ALL YOUR BRAGGING RIGHTS!!!

\guess ill start it off..

1st pic - floatn bronte river, got all the row i need for the next year
2nd pic - nice hump back, never really seen this size of hump!! can any1 explain? mayb a pink salmon? not sure, i know its a chinny thats about it
3rd pic - 1st salmon of the fall right off the peir, was about 10pm, n my 5th cast, what a night!!

Attached Images

• BIG HEN - FLOAT\'N BRONTE RIVER - FALL 2011.JPG
  • Petro park chinny, saturday evening 4-7.jpg
  • 1st salmon of fall 2011.jpg

#3 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:28 PM

Hope you kept the meat too if you kept the eggs.

Boo to anyone who cuts a fish open for the eggs and leaves the meat on the river. If we can afford to fish then we can afford to pay 5 bucks for a container of salmon eggs that came from a fish farm and will last a couple of outings...

#4 Taylor

Taylor

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

Hope you kept the meat too if you kept the eggs.

Boo to anyone who cuts a fish open for the eggs and leaves the meat on the river. If we can afford to fish then we can afford to pay 5 bucks for a container of salmon eggs that came from a fish farm and will last a couple of outings...

now thats just common sence, come on..

#5 NADO

NADO

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:09 PM

I wouldn’t say its common sense when were talking about a fish that is over 20lbs and decaying. That’s quite a bit of questionable meat we are talking about.

#6 Taylor

Taylor

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:51 AM

I wouldn’t say its common sense when were talking about a fish that is over 20lbs and decaying. That’s quite a bit of questionable meat we are talking about.

milk & release obviously common???

#7 NADO

NADO

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:21 PM

releasing a hen after she has been milked of her eggs is kind of redundant IMO...

#8 Teamokuma

Teamokuma

Earthworm

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:09 PM

I really don't know what you are bragging about. Nothing special about those fish... generic salmon.

#9 Taylor

Taylor

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:11 AM

easy killer, go get laid!!!just trying to start a post were people can post there catches from this fall, i enjoy seeing other people being sucessful, dont care so much for the salmon pics, i just put it in there for the guys whop have trouble catching bows n browns

#10 Taylor

Taylor

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:13 AM

p[lus every1 in the river that i see catch a hen does it so go to the river 7 tell them that, trhats right every1 will laugh at you

#11 NADO

NADO

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:25 PM

when the MNR catches you breaking the regs why dont you tell them everyone does it and watch them laugh at you while they confiscate your gear and write you up a ticket.

#12 Taylor

Taylor

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:38 PM

MNR watched me and 2 others milk & release in bronte while they were writen people up for no licence, they had no problem as long as we dont drain them.

#13 Float down

Float down

Perch

• Active Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:26 PM

Dude... Come on, it's illegal to even transport eggs with out having part of the fish with you. And yah, why would you milk them and let them go, I mean... I take my share of hens, but I at least keep the meat for bear bait (I know that will piss a lot of people off) but lake O fish are POISON! I'll keep a chrome fish out of georgian bay in a heart beat for the table, but not Ontario. and for you people who do eat them, please get your selves an Ontario guide to eating sport fish. I know that you'll hear things like, "I've been eating them for years and I'm fine!" people do drugs all the time but it doesn't mean it's safe. Wow. Good little rant. Lol

#14 LogJam

LogJam

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:07 PM

MNR watched me and 2 others milk & release in bronte while they were writen people up for no licence, they had no problem as long as we dont drain them.

how did you know they had no problems with it? did you ask them?? or did he tell you while he was writing tickets to others?

i dont think the fish will even finish spawning after being raped,

#15 Float down

Float down

Perch

• Active Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:10 PM

They're stressed out enough as it is I'm sure milking them ends up killing them.

#16 Majstor

Majstor

VIP Pro Staff

• Active Members
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:23 PM

They're stressed out enough as it is I'm sure milking them ends up killing them.

yup, there is no way in hell that fish is surviving after u milked the crap out of her. U want the roe keep the fish. That fish may swim of slowly because the current takes her but in the end shes dead meat.A nd we question our self's why so many dead salmons :neutral: right thing to do is bring the fish with u that way u don't leave a dead fish and it wont smell like poop. Unfortunately 95% anglers who fish for salmon don't give a rats ass.

#17 NADO

NADO

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:29 PM

told ya

#18 mikeh

mikeh

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:03 AM

WOW, This thread has has totally reinforced my non-posting of pics. Seems like I can post a detail report on fishing conditions without pics and only those interested in giving it a go if favourable conditions continue will show up. Post a pic (especially of a salmon) and the whole circus comes to town!!

#19 Guest_RiverNinja_*

Guest_RiverNinja_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:52 AM

Dude... Come on, it's illegal to even transport eggs with out having part of the fish with you. And yah, why would you milk them and let them go, I mean... I take my share of hens, but I at least keep the meat for bear bait (I know that will piss a lot of people off) but lake O fish are POISON! I'll keep a chrome fish out of georgian bay in a heart beat for the table, but not Ontario. and for you people who do eat them, please get your selves an Ontario guide to eating sport fish. I know that you'll hear things like, "I've been eating them for years and I'm fine!" people do drugs all the time but it doesn't mean it's safe. Wow. Good little rant. Lol

I don't think anyone could really get upset at you for doing the sensible thing. These fish from Lake O are not suitable for human consumption. Keeping hen's are well within your rights. The fact that you take it home and use it for something productive (fish meant) is far beyond what the typical angler would do. The hen's I do keep, are used to help fertilize my gardens each spring... Not unlike what the natives used to do many 100's of years ago.

#20 FrankTheRabbit

FrankTheRabbit

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:58 AM

Posting pics are fine. It's the methodology of milking and releasing is what's causing ruckus. The hen may or may not survive after the milking and in the end, they do die. Someone mentioned about how the regulations state that it is illegal to leave fish remains behind if they're fit for human consumption. According to the MNR guide on consuming fish, bodies of water near Bronte state that ZERO chinook should be consumed if they're over 26".

It's also important to note that milking roe, no matter if it's just one tiny egg or a bag full of it, still counts towards you retaining limit.