PIKE REPORT

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Blair_*

Guest_Blair_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:12 PM

Well, got out today and went down to(wn)

my Secret - Pike Location
Posted Image[
(hence the TOPIC TITLE - play on words from "licensetopins post from a few weeks ago)

*SMILES*

Action was in the morning, very early afternoon.
As ussual, I wore out my welcome and needlessly stayed about 5 extra hours in the Wind & Drizzel ...

LOL (Greed ...for more catches)

SET UP:

-Nice big SHINNY SPOONS (get em down deep and slow) and BIG SHINNY MEPPS ( down deep & slow) seemed to be the Trick.
-6'6 Rapala Vengence Medium Rod
-10 lb Mono (No leader, just a swivel snap for easy changing back and forth)
-Old Mitchell Spinning reel (Caught a thousand fish with this baby)

iPosted Image[

Worked the waterfront.
Got told I could not fish by a "rent a Cop" (Was a nice guy)
Went to talk to the REAL COPS (marine unit - Awesome bunch of pro's) to okay my fishin in their quay.

Let (2) strangers help "NET" two monsters I had on, lost them both when they hit the line/lure due to inexperience at netting.
(Great effort however and much appreciated)

- Its tough to land and net from a 10ft wall on your own!
Took some pics (All alone *I'm so freaking lonely!)

FISHING BUDDY
Posted Image
Landed 4

Was a GREAT DAY to CATCH some BEAUTIFUL PIKE!

Posted Image

This one was BIG ...BUT: Notice that "Something else was trying to bite him"! (Even Bigger Pike)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

*Let them all go so that "we" can catch em another day .....when their even bigger
(They EAT GOBIES! - My "ying/yang" for not wanting to kill em myself)

ps: It does not take a million dollars, a five hour drive, complicated setups, "perfect Weather" ... to catch some nice fish.
Get out there and Enjoy!

#2 getin

getin

Perch

• Active Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:38 PM

Well, got out today and went down to(wn)

Nice report and catches Blair. It is something diffirent when you catch them agaist all the odds, and in the crowd of downtown.

#3 mikeh

mikeh

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:40 PM

Very nice catches Blair!
Harbourfront piking rocks at the moment!!
I am going to check out a new tip off tomorrow morning (quick scouting trip) and will be hitting up the harbourfront for sure on Sunday.
( check your PM's!)

#4 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:42 AM

Me and another member were going to try downtown. I'm sure we would had a lot of funny looks on the subway with our fishing gear. Now that I see what's there, it's worth the stupid looks.....lol.

Thanks for the report. Great catches.

#5 Guest_Blair_*

Guest_Blair_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:54 AM

Me and another member were going to try downtown. I'm sure we would had a lot of funny looks on the subway with our fishing gear. Now that I see what's there, it's worth the stupid looks.....lol.

How do you think I get there?

*SMILES*

TTC ( #60 steeles to Finch Station, Subway to Union, Exihibition Streetcar #509)
Been doing that for a long time! (Spring, Summer, Winter, Fall)

Friggin take the GO TRAIN/BUS to: Bronte, Credit, Duffins & Thank God - Lately ...met some nice fishing partners who enjoy company (They drive ie: Port Hope, Niagara).

Today, the long net was the only diffucult item to carry. (RUSH HOUR THERE, RUSH HOUR BACK!)

Actually ... it rather STIMULATES the Mundane Public.
Best is when your downtown or out at Centre Island and people say: "I didnt know there were fish in LAKE ONTARIO".

LOL

Nothing should stop one from getting out and enjoying a day of fishing.
Really, everything else is just a BAD EXCUSE isnt it?

#6 Mykester

Mykester

Perch

• Active Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:24 AM

If you're that self-concious about taking a rod on public transit get a telescopic one or a rod bag

#7 Guest_RiverNinja_*

Guest_RiverNinja_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:52 AM

Great stuff Blair!
-I used to fish there all the time!.. never had anyone tell me that you could not fish from the walls....
My best friend actually lives around the corner from the Quay.. :)

#8 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:15 AM

fishing gear onto crowded subways and buses. I'm used to having my 4 or 5 rods with me, minimum 2 when fishing....lol.

Besides we all drive so why stay in smelly TO for fishing when we prefer to be outdoors it's a mini get away. Fresh air, clean waters, excitment of going to new areas. I could be on Scugog in the same time it takes for me to get downtown, 50 min.

I might do it if I was desperate, or I'd just go to the bluffs.

#9 Guest_Blair_*

Guest_Blair_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:01 PM

fishing gear onto crowded subways and buses. I'm used to having my 4 or 5 rods with me, minimum 2 when fishing....lol.

Besides we all drive so why stay in smelly TO for fishing when we prefer to be outdoors it's a mini get away. Fresh air, clean waters, excitment of going to new areas. I could be on Scugog in the same time it takes for me to get downtown, 50 min.

I'm Desperate.
*SMILES*

#10 mikeh

mikeh

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:14 PM

I am lucky in that I only take a 15 min stroll to get down to the island ferry. No car required, and a stop in the pub on the way back....:mrgreen:

#11 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:04 PM

I'm Desperate.
*SMILES*

lol

#12 diggyj

diggyj

Rice Lake Master

• Active Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:48 AM

Nicely done. Cheers for sharing the report.

Dirk

#13 Dave Bailey

Dave Bailey

Sunfish

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:40 AM

A friend and I once canoed up the Humber, pulled out at Etienne Brulé Park, and then walked up to Bloor Street for a meal in a restaurant. You want strange looks? Try sitting in a burger joint in the city wearing PFDs and with canoe paddles leaning against the table!

#14 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:11 AM

A friend and I once canoed up the Humber, pulled out at Etienne Brulé Park, and then walked up to Bloor Street for a meal in a restaurant. You want strange looks? Try sitting in a burger joint in the city wearing PFDs and with canoe paddles leaning against the table!

If you have a problem getting a seat all you have to do is walk up to a table full of guys and say to pme of them "you got a pretty mouth". Sure to clear tables........lol. Deliverance........suuuuuuuuuuweeeeeeeeeeee. ;)

#15 Taylor

Taylor

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:22 AM

nice catches Blair,

how heavey were those bad boys? n what about the 2 that you had people help you net n lose, what do u think they weighed?

#16 efka

efka

• Active Members
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:16 PM

thanks for report blair, always enjoy reading them, good to have you back bud.

#17 Guest_Blair_*

Guest_Blair_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:10 PM

thanks for report blair, always enjoy reading them, good to have you back bud.

Your most welcome!
You know I take a lot of pleasure in this site.

Thank you for your good work and openfires efforts.

#18 piju

piju

Sunfish

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:15 PM

Hey Blair I wonder if you can help me, i've noticed that most people in this forum will take a previous comment, put it in a box and then reply to it like you just did with efka, how can I do this?

#19 Guest_Blair_*

Guest_Blair_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:25 PM

Hey Blair I wonder if you can help me, i've noticed that most people in this forum will take a previous comment, put it in a box and then reply to it like you just did with efka, how can I do this?

Just hit "Reply" below the post.
And if you want to make a reply to a post that is already a reply to a post.... you use the multi-post button.

*SMILES*

#20 piju

piju

Sunfish

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:40 PM

Just hit "Reply" below the post.
And if you want to make a reply to a post that is already a reply to a post.... you use the multi-post button.

*SMILES*

Awesome you're a credit to this forum