• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 odiaz08

odiaz08

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:28 AM

hi guys new joiner here from north york!! wondering any good areas to fish near me??? or is port credit any good this time of the year??

#2 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:51 AM

Welcome to the forum. You'll find the information in the salmon and steelhead catagory. Join in and enjoy.

#3 odiaz08

odiaz08

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:18 AM

thanks for the tip!!!!! umm anything on Lil lake in barrie?????

Welcome to the forum. You'll find the information in the salmon and steelhead catagory. Join in and enjoy.

#4 walleye

walleye

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:20 PM

U may try port hope, Ganaraska river, an hour drive from Toronto

#5 mak

mak

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

Hey
Another new joiner checking in, been reading the forums for a couple of days now.
I've been learning alot and can't wait to learn more.
I am in the Burlington/ Waterdown area

#6 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:43 PM

thanks for the tip!!!!! umm anything on Lil lake in barrie?????

Go there in the pike/walleye opener. Right now, I don't know, you have to have a boat there, either rent or your own. There are some big fish in there.

But if you want a place really close, but they prefer you catch and release, Wilcox Lake in Markham has fish, this from another member I go fishing with. You'll need your own boat here too. There is shore fishing but I hear it's limited space.

#7 odiaz08

odiaz08

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:42 AM

ive heard about this lake but i also heard that there was no fishing allowed there!!??!! to be honest ive gone to bond lake just south of there,, also illegal but nice lake trout there like 3-4lbs... is there boat rental at wilcox??

Go there in the pike/walleye opener. Right now, I don't know, you have to have a boat there, either rent or your own. There are some big fish in there.

But if you want a place really close, but they prefer you catch and release, Wilcox Lake in Markham has fish, this from another member I go fishing with. You'll need your own boat here too. There is shore fishing but I hear it's limited space.

#8 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:57 PM

ive heard about this lake but i also heard that there was no fishing allowed there!!??!! to be honest ive gone to bond lake just south of there,, also illegal but nice lake trout there like 3-4lbs... is there boat rental at wilcox??

NO FISHING in Little Lake just north of Barrie? Ontario has about 3 or 4 lakes named Little Lake. But the one in Barrie I know for a fact that there is fishing, who ever told you that is totally wrong 100%, and probably never been there. They have bass and maybe walleye tournements there every year. There is only one campground there and they rent boats and have tons of pics of fish on the trophy wall.

I never been to bond lake, if that is the one that I am thinking, then I heard that it is surrounded by private property and then you can't fish there because the locals like Mussleman's lake think they own the lake.

I have not been to lake wilcox but another member John goes there and told me that there is fishing there. No boat rentals public park on the east side, houses on the west side. It's small and shore fishing is not very productive. C and R is promoted b/c its a small lake.

In the same vacinity is Simeon Lake, ALN, another OFF member went there to check it out and it too is private, no visitors welcomed, no fishing allowed.

Hope that helps.

#9 piju

piju

Sunfish

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:05 PM

:smile:

#10 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

I used to fish Little Lake north of Barrie all the time, I'm not sure about Walleye but there used to be a lot of Pike and Bass. The pike for the most part were small hammer handles but fun just the same and the bass was pretty good but I know that Little Lake is very heavily fished so I couldn't tell you how good the fishing is now.

You're right there is alot of pressure and the fishing is so so. When I went it was bad weather and the fish turned off, I always seem to fish those days. Last time I was there was 2 years ago, it was cold and windy so no fish. The year before there were lots of hammer handles but I caught crappies. The trophies are rare but they are there. It's not great fising but close for some people, not me.

#11 odiaz08

odiaz08

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:11 PM

no no i wasnt talkin bout lil lake ive been there b4 i was talkin bout bond lake... yea no fishing allowed there but like i said it has lake trout there... i go anyways i take my inflatable... lots of perch tooo!!!!!! eke!! i hate them always tearing my roe sacks!!!!!!!!!!

NO FISHING in Little Lake just north of Barrie? Ontario has about 3 or 4 lakes named Little Lake. But the one in Barrie I know for a fact that there is fishing, who ever told you that is totally wrong 100%, and probably never been there. They have bass and maybe walleye tournements there every year. There is only one campground there and they rent boats and have tons of pics of fish on the trophy wall.

I never been to bond lake, if that is the one that I am thinking, then I heard that it is surrounded by private property and then you can't fish there because the locals like Mussleman's lake think they own the lake.

I have not been to lake wilcox but another member John goes there and told me that there is fishing there. No boat rentals public park on the east side, houses on the west side. It's small and shore fishing is not very productive. C and R is promoted b/c its a small lake.

In the same vacinity is Simeon Lake, ALN, another OFF member went there to check it out and it too is private, no visitors welcomed, no fishing allowed.

Hope that helps.

#12 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:01 AM

Lake trout? You sure about that? Lakers live in deep deep cold fair sized to large lakes.

Perch are natural pest, bait theives. You got to get used to them..... :huh: Try Wilcox, let me know how it is.

What kind of inflateable you got? You power it gas or electric?

#13 odiaz08

odiaz08

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:26 AM

not 100% percent sure on the ttrout the but one day when i was fishing there spoke to another fisher and he said that it was lake trout... i thought that tooo!!! lake trout like deep cold fresh water !!??!! as i mention this he says" yeah the water is cold and fresh" anyways he said he caught a 4 lbs there..... the water is really cold and clear... you could see maybe 10ft down..i was on an inflatable from canadian tire, my own power.. yeah i plan on going this spring to wilcox and i let u know how it is.

know anything about lynde shores ajax??

#14 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:14 AM

I started looking up Lynde, I pass the creek alot and wondered about it. So far not much info on it. I think it's small, very small creek, you can jump over it?????????l.....lol. maybe.

#15 georgianbaydrifter

georgianbaydrifter

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:14 AM

nice crappies in little lake at duckworth st.......try it ice fishing at night.

#16 odiaz08

odiaz08

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:27 AM

ice fishing at night!!!! really?? i havent been ice fishing b4!!! a lil freaked out by it!!!! how do u go ice fishing there?? are there sheds set up???? ive been to Lynde shores once and theres a dock that goes out to the middle of the lake opening .. didnt fish tho just stop to see it kinda deal....

nice crappies in little lake at duckworth st.......try it ice fishing at night.

#17 Guest_RiverNinja_*

Guest_RiverNinja_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:53 AM

no no i wasnt talkin bout lil lake ive been there b4 i was talkin bout bond lake... yea no fishing allowed there but like i said it has lake trout there... i go anyways i take my inflatable... lots of perch tooo!!!!!! eke!! i hate them always tearing my roe sacks!!!!!!!!!!

Why are you fishing in an area where it is not allowed?
-Do you not care that restrictions are in place?

#18 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:56 PM

Why are you fishing in an area where it is not allowed?
-Do you not care that restrictions are in place?

Check my post, this lake's restrictions are in place by the home builders not MNR or gov body. Land owners want to own the water and the fish in that lake, that's why there is no fishing there. Visitors are not welcomed just like Musselman lake.

#19 Guest_RiverNinja_*

Guest_RiverNinja_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:24 PM

Check my post, this lake's restrictions are in place by the home builders not MNR or gov body. Land owners want to own the water and the fish in that lake, that's why there is no fishing there. Visitors are not welcomed just like Musselman lake.

Ahhh.. I see.. Thanks for the clarity, :smile:

#20 odiaz08

odiaz08

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:08 AM

sooo cant get into a whole lot of trouble from GOV or MNR??!!?? sooo then from who??