• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:45 AM

sooo cant get into a whole lot of trouble from GOV or MNR??!!?? sooo then from who??

Do you see "No fishing" signs all over the place there? If you don't then how do you know there's no fishing there?
Take Lake Simcoe as an example; there is a dock on the east side of Cook's Bay where people used to go fishing. It was surrounded by houses and it had a public boat launch. This was public/gov property. People used to fish off the dock day and sometimes at night. The surrounding landowners decided they did'nt like all the cars and crowds of anglers near the dock, so they either petitioned or complained to the gov to end fishing at that dock. I showed up for a day of fishing only to see this sign that it was illegal to fish there, at the dock and on shore. I'm sure that if I started fishing there someone would have called cops/mnr. Most likely they'd call cops b/c they can write you a ticket for fishing in restricted area (sign), and parking illegally or some crap like that. All along the shore in Keswick there are no parking signs on the streets and no public access to the lake. The shoreline is all privately owned just like the north west shore of Rice Lake.
Watch for signs, where you can't fish legally.

#22 odiaz08

odiaz08

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:20 PM

whoooooooooooo!!! that just made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there no signs what so ever.... ive seen the signs before like at philips lake across the street but not at bond lake.. thanks man

Do you see "No fishing" signs all over the place there? If you don't then how do you know there's no fishing there?
Take Lake Simcoe as an example; there is a dock on the east side of Cook's Bay where people used to go fishing. It was surrounded by houses and it had a public boat launch. This was public/gov property. People used to fish off the dock day and sometimes at night. The surrounding landowners decided they did'nt like all the cars and crowds of anglers near the dock, so they either petitioned or complained to the gov to end fishing at that dock. I showed up for a day of fishing only to see this sign that it was illegal to fish there, at the dock and on shore. I'm sure that if I started fishing there someone would have called cops/mnr. Most likely they'd call cops b/c they can write you a ticket for fishing in restricted area (sign), and parking illegally or some crap like that. All along the shore in Keswick there are no parking signs on the streets and no public access to the lake. The shoreline is all privately owned just like the north west shore of Rice Lake.
Watch for signs, where you can't fish legally.

#23 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:07 PM

whoooooooooooo!!! that just made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there no signs what so ever.... ive seen the signs before like at philips lake across the street but not at bond lake.. thanks man

NP. But always check the regulations too. The MNR puts signs up mostly around the sanctuaries. The reg book might say a water body is closed to fishing. As an example most of the Kawartha lakes you won't find a sign "no fishing for Sturgeon" , but it's there in the reg book, if you catch one throw it back ASAP. So don't assume that no sign means ok to fish any and all fish in that body of water. Always double check first, you don't want to get nailed with a fine.

Good luck fishing.

#24 Hog Johnson

Hog Johnson

Sunfish

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:29 PM

Hey