• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Mc Thugin

Mc Thugin

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

Im gonna either be pulling. Or using a towbar behind a snowmobile, more specifically a yamaha apex GT so it doesnt have a tow hitch. Meaning itl probably get towed behind the yami by a rope..

I dont want to go over 100lbs hut wise. Even less if i gota walk with it.
I just cant decide between a GIGANTIC one man to fit all my gear +buddys gear or a avg size two man.. Desicions desicions..

#22 m_van

m_van

Sunfish

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:35 AM

I always google "bass pro vaughan" I think it only takes me to the vaughan, Canadian site/prices.

Trust me. It is US prices even if you gooogle "bass pro vaughan"

#23 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:12 AM

Trust me. It is US prices even if you gooogle "bass pro vaughan"

WTF???? Only if CAD and USD are on par should the prices be the same. So are the prices higher or lower in Vaughan? Does mgmt know their webpage creator is doggin it?.......lol. Copy and paste any idiot can do that!!!!! I'd fire his/her useless ass.......lol. I've worked with some of them too......... :angry:

#24 m_van

m_van

Sunfish

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:00 PM

WTF???? Only if CAD and USD are on par should the prices be the same. So are the prices higher or lower in Vaughan? Does mgmt know their webpage creator is doggin it?.......lol. Copy and paste any idiot can do that!!!!! I'd fire his/her useless ass.......lol. I've worked with some of them too......... :angry:

Don't quote me. I think almost all of the Canadian sites charge U.S. (universal money) at higher rate

Case in point: go to a local GM car dealer get the price then compare the price at a dealer in the U.S. when you visit Buffalo. :grin:

Go tell that to the MP/MPP Oppps! now i'm getting into politics :-x stop now, I am getting back to Ice Fishing (my passion). Go to you local store, feel and test what you like then pay for it and haul it home.

Happy Ice Fishing,

Peace,

#25 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:44 PM

Don't quote me. I think almost all of the Canadian sites charge U.S. (universal money) at higher rate

Yeah, just look at the prices of books and magazines. That's why I stopped buying them off the rack, price and 80% ads 20% articles that babble on and on and don't even focus on the topic.

I like Kijiji for deals. With the season coming up there won't be too many deals or they'll be gone fast. Have to pounce on any deals.

#26 Mc Thugin

Mc Thugin

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:01 PM

Theirs a feew one man sled huts up for grabs as a package go have a look quick!

#27 m_van

m_van

Sunfish

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:01 PM

Hey,

speaking of sled, I saw some guys last year with a modified sled that he used a piece of wood on top of the kids skis then mount them underneath the sled. In turn, that jacked up the sled thus, made it easier for him to pull through the ice and snow. So the bigger the sled the more friction it is of the sled to the snow surface. If you have pulled sleds in the past you know what i mean.

Smart idea. hats off to him!

#28 m_van

m_van

Sunfish

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:03 PM

Hey,

speaking of sled, I saw some guys last year with a modified sled that he used a piece of wood on top of the kids skis then mount them underneath the sled. In turn, that jacked up the sled thus, made it easier for him to pull through the ice and snow. So the bigger the sled the more friction it is of the sled to the snow surface. If you have pulled sleds in the past you know what i mean.

Smart idea. hats off to him!

Actually it was my neighbor 5 doors down

Don't know if he is on this forum.

#29 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:14 PM

I was just in Guelph for work and stopped in at Kingsway Fish & Tackle, they always have great prices. They had two of the pop up ice huts both in two sizes. the two mans were both $220 tax included and the three mans were $255 tax included. Not a bad price for new huts bought in Canada.

#30 Mc Thugin

Mc Thugin

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:47 PM

Wow that cheap eh?!
BPS deffinetly isnt that cheap.
Gonna try and head down to BPS this weekend and do some price huntin

#31 Garfield the Cat

Garfield the Cat

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:20 AM

For those prices, I think I could make one cheaper an bigger. But maybe a little heavier on the downside, I can live with it. Whatta you say grub?

#32 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:51 AM

For those prices, I think I could make one cheaper an bigger. But maybe a little heavier on the downside, I can live with it. Whatta you say grub?

You're right, I just went to Rona to price out the parts to make a 4'x4' hut. I think that's large enough for 2 guys with a hole in the center. It might be tight for 3 or 4 guys, tangle lines shoulder to shoulder. It would weigh about 30-35lbs without the removable skis and cost min. $75. That includes a 1 1/2 inch insulated styrofoam floor. You won't feel a dam thing with a heater on. Very reasonable for anyone who is handy and likes to build stuff. Anyone interested PM me your email and I'll reply with my plans, not totally complete but I can explain how to do it.

#33 piju

piju

Sunfish

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:08 AM

:neutral:

#34 Garfield the Cat

Garfield the Cat

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:47 PM

I was thinking more like a 4' by8' more room the better.

#35 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:06 PM

The bigger one I was talking about is an 8'x8' and weighs 26lbs, it was rated as a 3 man I think. If you ask me when i'm walking for an hour+ while dragging a heavy sled to get to the spot im going to the weight to size ratio is a big factor. Also this one collapses into a smallish bag making transportation very easy. I am interested to see what you guys can make at a decent price and decent size while collapsed, mine would need to fit into the back of a hatchback. PIJU do you have any pics of your 4'x6' hut? Grubman when are you thinking of building yours?

#36 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:47 PM

Ice huts are like cars, everyone wants something different for their own needs. Nado wants tent like lightness Garfield wants big and roomy, anything else? I want cheap, Mc Thugin wants small....lol.

Considering I only went ice fishing once and did not enjoy it I'm in no hurry to build one just yet, I'll rent a couple of times first. I like to build my own things when I can to save money. I just designed something that might someday fit my needs and maybe someone else. Ha I don't even have room to store it once it's built when the season's over my garage is full with the duck boat I built when I was in college....lol

Hope everyone finds what suits them best.