As a Fly Fisher Im so ashamed.

#7 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:22 AM

Too many of these guys on here... Lol

What makes you think there is guys like that here? You should explain if you are going to make allegations like that. I've met a lot of nice guys here and never caught an inkling of anything like that.
Any comments I have heard in the forum about flossing or snagging have always been negative.

As a fly fisher I'm not ashamed, I don't fling a fly like that.

Alfie.

#8 m_van

m_van

Sunfish

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:19 AM

So funny,
With actions like that they'd get better chance of landing a rainbow at a local Fortinos.
Feel sorry for those guys (just had to rub it in)

#9 Guest_Blair_*

Guest_Blair_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:10 PM

WHERE is this?

and ... not to be a Hypocrite.... (this site sucks)

cause I made a thread in Sept - OFF this site going downhill
being pissed off at the "flaming" going on during SALMONOID INSANITY.

Since then those 2-3 individuals have been BANNED! (lack of class .. and imaturity on the forums)

Are these people members of this site?

We all know your a great contributor to this site, and like things to be enjoyable, fair and educational.
Whats up? anything we could do to help?

#10 LICENSETOPIN

LICENSETOPIN

Skrilla Skrilla

• Active Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:23 PM

I never said there weren't any legit people on here... Ive met some great folk on here. Of course I cant say that for everyone that visits this site, just now in the past 120 minutes only 10 people of over 70 people that visited here were actual members. Now i bet since buddy posted a pic of him under the CNR tunnel and said willy on his post that there will be 50 extra people on willy today... if you care to argue that then your being ignorant to the fact that loogans visit here because they can get the low down on whats going out there. People that slit males and gut hens for roe... yeah the people that you guys complain and cry about...

#11 Fish-on

Fish-on

Sunfish

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:29 PM

thats funny i replied to a thread about snagging a couple months ago and this is the exact video i was referring to.... the worst is not one of them actually catches one...

#12 FISHCHRIS

FISHCHRIS

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:37 PM

that's fd up all them just doing that and trying to catch the fish that way,i was at the credit a month or so ago wading in the river chinook right near me i could have snagged it or even maybe just grabbed it from the river.that's not fishing though so after watching the fish for a while and realizing i wasn't going to catch it legit, i just moved on.

#13 troutchaser

troutchaser

Sunfish

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:38 PM

I never said there weren't any legit people on here... Ive met some great folk on here. Of course I cant say that for everyone that visits this site, just now in the past 120 minutes only 10 people of over 70 people that visited here were actual members. Now i bet since buddy posted a pic of him under the CNR tunnel and said willy on his post that there will be 50 extra people on willy today... if you care to argue that then your being ignorant to the fact that loogans visit here because they can get the low down on whats going out there. People that slit males and gut hens for roe... yeah the people that you guys complain and cry about...

Well said :D

#14 LogJam

LogJam

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:40 PM

i have seen that videos, along with many others like it,, FYI some parts of the u.s.a. snagging is legal and is the way they fish, eg, i seen two guys from New York up at the bronte last month, talking about getting browns with "baited" treble hooks...
wether they were snagging them or not, i have no clue, nore should i judge them with out knowing for sure...

i understand your frustrations when you say this forum sucks, but to assume that "we" fishing like that is just insane....
yes, there are some people on OFF that may do that. but how do u know for sure??

me, when and if i seen that stuff going on when im fishing, I chirp the hell out of them, i will yell at people doing it..( snagging or flossing)
i dont give to craps who they are, what they do or anything about them. i know wheni see somethng wrong, i should step in and try to stop it. no matter what. even if its young kids picking on other people or anything. it all about haveing morals..

i know many people wont get involved and that your choice, and u have to live with it and what you have seen, if you choose to do nothing.

so to sum it up, if you see something that is not right, and maybe illegal, then speak up... dont just watch and do nothing. unless u feel it is okay what others are doing.

be the voice of reason, help others realize the rules and regs. and just have fun and be one with the rivers...

Cheers~!

#15 LICENSETOPIN

LICENSETOPIN

Skrilla Skrilla

• Active Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:51 PM

I think most of you are missing the point here... Im not ranting about snagging or flossing... salmon season was done along time ago afterall.

Okay put it this way...

PEOPLE ARE USING YOUR POSTS!!! they dont care that you had a good day, they dont care that you landed your pb, they dont care about our natural resources.

for loveing crying out loud why bother post the name of the river? if your friend wants to know pm him dont let the whole loveing world know....

#16 Luke

Luke

Sunfish

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:03 PM

I would keep discretion about where I am catching my fish, but when it comes to tributary fishing I think realistically anyone with half a brain can figure out that tribs that are in areas that received rain will have fresh run fish in them.

The spot the person in question posted is well known, there were 10 people fishing there before dawn on thursday. You may briefly get an influx of some people who are checking reports but really after thursday I was wishing I had not wasted my time going there an stuck with another trib that I wont mention. I only saw 5 people on the whole open stretch that I fish 3 weeks ago weeks ago and 3 of them showed up mid day and werent about to catch anything. Its just nice to have a flow to yourself and to be able to drift it properly.

Forums are forums there will always be good and alyway be some bad apples, it doesnt matter whether they are members or not. I speak from personal experience, I used to be VP in a large car club and we had about 1500 registered members, you cant always please everyone and there will always be 3 or 4 people out of a thousand that will appear to spoil it for everyone.

I have met some nice people over the last month and a half and seen some idiots, just take the good and ignore the few bad apples, there will always be some no matter where you go.

#17 Fish-on

Fish-on

Sunfish

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:05 PM

lol seriously private messages are the way to go.... ppl need to learn to go explore, if they don't enjoy doing so then they wont be so happy when they get to point B... yea sure i could go pay 20$ to go fish in a heavly stocked lake and be sure to catch a a couple trout but,,, i don't why because i have nothing to be proud of... like in summer i could go to my bass honey holes and pull out half a dozen 4 pounders but i rather go to a new body of water that way if i i do find en other honey hole its because i got off my ass and found it... its the unknown that brings us surprise and proudness, i realize thats not the case with some people but thats there loss...ill bet there not even close to feeling the real stuff a true fisherman feels when he catches fish... anyways thought id share a bit of wisdom...

#18 LogJam

LogJam

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:10 PM

Specific Spots: Disclosing the presence of fish in a specific pool, upstream from the mouth of any river or tributary is not permitted in the publicly viewable general discussion forum. For example, you can say "I had a great day fishing yesterday on Wilmot Creek", but we do not encourage members to say "The fish are stacked up in the pool at the CNR bridge". The latter statement should be relegated to the Tier 1 and Tier 2 reports sections, away from public view.

Lining Debate: "Lining", "snagging" or "flossing" fish is a hot-button topic that often ruins otherwise productive conversations. In order to keep the general discussion forum clean, helpful and productive, it is the policy of OFF that any and all "lining" conversation/debate be conducted in the "Salmonid Insanity" sub-forum.

Forum Etiquette: Simple - Be polite, keep it civil. All personal attacks, insults, inflammatory remarks, threats, racist remarks, trolling and otherwise rude and/or immature behaviour are strictly forbidden and will be met with disciplinary action up to and including permanent banning.

#19 LICENSETOPIN

LICENSETOPIN

Skrilla Skrilla

• Active Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:35 PM

unfortunately the sad truth is there are lots of people with no brains at all... otherwise we wouldn't have this thread....

#20 TorontoMikey86

TorontoMikey86

Sunfish

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:05 PM

loveing Loogans..