• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 ex0or

ex0or

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:40 PM

i lost 3 today and one landed the water is little clear and still high but there's fish :) here the atlantic that i got and release with care :)
i fell in water and my camera got wet :( now its broken :(

Ps: i dont know if this is rainbow or atlantic or brown for me look so strange i catch lots of bows but this one i dont know what it is :( ( atlantic salmon confirm )

thanks to all who told me it was a atlantic. im so happy now i got all the fish i wanted to catch in credit :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Losier1205

Losier1205

Sunfish

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:46 PM

Looks like a Atlantic to me man!!

#3 ex0or

ex0or

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:56 PM

Looks like a Atlantic to me man!!

if this is atlantic im the happiestman in the world i already got the brown now im hoping its a atlantic :) its my very 1st atlantic if this is atlantic :)

#4 Majstor

Majstor

VIP Pro Staff

• Active Members
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:07 PM

def looks like an Atlantic even the eye seems past the jaw, was the tail forked? nice catch non the less.

#5 ex0or

ex0or

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:11 PM

def looks like an Atlantic even the eye seems past the jaw, was the tail forked? nice catch non the less.

the tail like forked? yeah its different from bows that i catch. this one is different thanks float the water was so cold and wind was cold also i got that in your spot :wink: :wink:

#6 Majstor

Majstor

VIP Pro Staff

• Active Members
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:14 PM

did it fight hard usually atlantic's put on a show when u hook into one. That fish looks she was spawned out awesome news more Atlantic's to catch in the future :grin:

#7 ex0or

ex0or

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:16 PM

did it fight hard usually atlantic's put on a show when u hook into one. That fish looks she was spawned out awesome news more Atlantic's to catch in the future :grin:

oh man i fell on water that's why i broke my camera because of that fish lolz continue to dragging me yeah this one fight like bows this fish want to spit out my hook lolz

#8 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:13 PM

Atlantic dude.
BTW you would all be served to put your money into a water proof camera...too many pack it in with even a rain shower...

Nice catch

#9 staffman

staffman

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:04 PM

I think that you caught your first, but hopefully not your last, Atlantic. There should be some good deals on cameras after Christmas.

#10 ex0or

ex0or

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:47 PM

yeah im looking now for waterproof camera thanks to all who like my post :)

#11 Brian

Brian

Perch

• Active Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:57 PM

good work on the atlantic....

#12 georgianbaydrifter

georgianbaydrifter

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

good day for fishing it looks like down there.... nice atlanic ex0or been river fishing long time now and only seen a handfull. that one looks like it has good genetics and hen to boot. kinda of late in the season for them isnt it ?having said that maybe it had a better chance of sucess going after the shinny's dig everything up...maybe oneday i can catch one of these legends of lake ontario.

#13 TRINIBOY

TRINIBOY

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:50 PM

Nice fish dude looks like xmas came early for you too...Posted Image

yeah im looking now for waterproof camera thanks to all who like my post :)

#14 salmotrutta

salmotrutta

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:25 AM

if this is atlantic im the happiestman in the world i already got the brown now im hoping its a atlantic :) its my very 1st atlantic if this is atlantic :)

Thanks for posting the pics - that is a beautiful Atlantic. Most of us are probably still waiting to catch our first full sized Atlantic out of these tribs, as you were until you got this one! That's a big achievement off the bucket list!

Was it caught on Chinook salmon roe?

#15 ex0or

ex0or

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:50 AM

Thanks for posting the pics - that is a beautiful Atlantic. Most of us are probably still waiting to catch our first full sized Atlantic out of these tribs, as you were until you got this one! That's a big achievement off the bucket list!

Was it caught on Chinook salmon roe?

im using rainbow roe big spawn sack lol thanks salmo and everyone who like my post thanks :)

#16 FISHCHRIS

FISHCHRIS

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:40 AM

nice fish exoor,thanks for posting and sharing the pics.

#17 salmotrutta

salmotrutta

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:16 AM

For those wondering how the heck we know it's an Atlantic:

1. The eye is located beyond the end of the jaw. On a brown, the jaw would extend beyond the eye.

2. The spots are sporadic.

3. A brown that has been in the creek for some time and finished spawning, would generally speaking be more colourful, with either yellow, red, brown or orange colouring and colourful or brown spots. Browns can be completely silver, but they quickly start to turn into spawning colours upon entering rivers.

We can't see the caudal peduncle , but it's short and fat on a brown and slimmer on an Atlantic. The tail of an Atlantic is generally more forked and a brown's tail is straight.

The eye being so far back is an easy way to see the difference. This leads to a different looking head than that of a typical brown.

Again, awesome catch!

#18 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:17 AM

Nice catch exOor. I've never caught an Atlantic here in On. Now I'm hoping. I have caught them on the east coast on the fly and they are great fish to catch, and can put on quite an aerial display. I've seen them jump 3 ft out of the water. The latin name for these fish is Salmo Salar, Salmo meaning Salmon and Salar meaning leaper. Did this one do some leaping for you?

Alfie.

#19 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:28 AM

For those wondering how the heck we know it's an Atlantic:

1. The eye is located beyond the end of the jaw. On a brown, the jaw would extend beyond the eye.

2. The spots are sporadic.

3. A brown that has been in the creek for some time and finished spawning, would generally speaking be more colourful, with either yellow, red, brown or orange colouring and colourful or brown spots. Browns can be completely silver, but they quickly start to turn into spawning colours upon entering rivers.

We can't see the caudal peduncle , but it's short and fat on a brown and slimmer on an Atlantic. The tail of an Atlantic is generally more forked and a brown's tail is straight.

The eye being so far back is an easy way to see the difference. This leads to a different looking head than that of a typical brown.

Again, awesome catch!

LOL. For those wondering how the heck I know that's an Atlantic. I looked at the pics. I understand that most people who fish in On. don't have much experience with Atlantics, but I do have some experience with them. PEI, New Brunswick and Newfie. They don't really look like a Brown at all. They look like, well, Atlantics.

Alfie.

#20 salmotrutta

salmotrutta

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:43 AM

LOL.

Alfie.

Really?

For those wondering how the heck I know that's an Atlantic. I looked at the pics.

I was wondering that, thanks for clarifying.

They don't really look like a Brown at all.

Alfie.

Really?

They look like, well, Atlantics.

Alfie.

Good call.