• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#41 salmotrutta

salmotrutta

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:16 PM

Salmo we got off on the wrong foot....i can tell ur heart is in the right place.....this year lets fight the snaggers and not each other.

It's all good, getting off on the wrong foot/misunderstandings can be the devil sometimes, glad we were able to work things out!

I'll PM you an update on what I mentioned a little while ago.

#42 georgianbaydrifter

georgianbaydrifter

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:30 PM

Ok bro. Hope all is well.

#43 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

Much greater ROI on your time and effort if you join a volunteer group that helps stocking or watershed maintenance and tackle some of the higher stakes variables.

Bingo

#44 TRINIBOY

TRINIBOY

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

Revisited the Credit on Sunday and this time no skunk for me…

Luke the Redwing Phantom worked wonders went 1-4 which is a great day for me… lol

This is the one that did not get away a nice hen… :mrgreen:

[attachment=9079:IMG_0033.jpg]

#45 Spinninreel

Spinninreel

Piscicapturist

• Active Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:02 AM

Congrats, Nice fish.

#46 georgianbaydrifter

georgianbaydrifter

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:12 AM

Looks like a bullet

#47 Guest_RiverNinja_*

Guest_RiverNinja_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:30 AM

Nice shaker.. But you may want to consider taking better care of the fish when taking your hero shots..

#48 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:09 AM

Always good for an encouraging comment Ninja......

Nice fish Trini it can be tough keeping em still for those quick photos, better that u just took the shot like that rather than taking the time to clean the fish off before taking the shot.

#49 TRINIBOY

TRINIBOY

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:01 AM

RiverNinja,

Whilst I can appreciate your message your delivery was way off base.

Before you post negative comments you should first take the opportunity to get to know the person you’re about to criticize.

This is one of the main reasons there’s so much bickering back and forth on the forum too many people think they know it all.

First and foremost my goal was to get the fish back in the water as fast as possible. Yes I will agree whilst taking my so called HERO SHOT the fish decided to flop a little. But better I leave it as with the little debris than try and clean it off and end up doing more damage by removing the protective slime coating not to mention the additional time out the water it would take to do so. But to each his own…

#50 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:01 AM

Awesome Brother Trini--see you included your X-mas reel in the photo Posted ImagePosted Image
See you on the river soon.

#51 BlomBomber

BlomBomber

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:14 AM

Has anyone hit the bowmanville area for fishing just wondering if anything going on there

#52 jpct

jpct

Sunfish

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:16 PM

You should take the plastic WARRANTY wrap off your rod lolol.

I have a good chuckle every time I see the Canadian tire Salmon crew out on the river.

#53 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

Now now...

#54 m_van

m_van

Sunfish

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

I have a good chuckle every time I see the Canadian tire Salmon crew out on the river.

I thought I saw same but can not confirmed. :mrgreen: Lol.
Sorry! I could not hold myself off.

#55 Guest_RiverNinja_*

Guest_RiverNinja_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

Always good for an encouraging comment Ninja......

LoL!
that's like the pot calling the kettle -Black!
-Kiddies make me laugh.. :lol:

RiverNinja,

Whilst I can appreciate your message your delivery was way off base.

Before you post negative comments you should first take the opportunity to get to know the person you’re about to criticize.

This is one of the main reasons there’s so much bickering back and forth on the forum too many people think they know it all.

First and foremost my goal was to get the fish back in the water as fast as possible. Yes I will agree whilst taking my so called HERO SHOT the fish decided to flop a little. But better I leave it as with the little debris than try and clean it off and end up doing more damage by removing the protective slime coating not to mention the additional time out the water it would take to do so. But to each his own…

I simply offered up advice. Use it if you choose, disregard if unwelcome. :smile:
-How you apply tone to the reply is not my concern.

oh and regarding the bolded statement.. If you truly cared, you would have simply released it.... I don't think many here would have doubted, had you said, "I went 1/4, but didn't get to snap a pic as it was only a shaker."

#56 Guest_RiverNinja_*

Guest_RiverNinja_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

LOL@ Wrap..

#57 TRINIBOY

TRINIBOY

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

Really cdn tire sells Aventa rods. Maybe I should ask Bass Pro next time where they get there supply from. Shucks guess you did not see the Okuma sign in front. Lol
But honestly it just there to protect the cork handle somewhat.

#58 Garfield the Cat

Garfield the Cat

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

Really cdn tire sells Aventa rods. Maybe I should ask Bass Pro next time where they get there supply from. Shucks guess you did not see the Okuma sign in front. Lol
But honestly it just there to protect the cork handle somewhat.

Trini- Don't blame you for keeping it on. I have two rods ( not for trout ) that still has it on for the past ten years an the thing still looks new. I know it's a fishing rod, but until it breaks off............ Just wanna see how long it holds Lol

#59 Spinninreel

Spinninreel

Piscicapturist

• Active Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

I am guilty of the same thing, in fact I think I have exactly the same set up as Trin. Great minds think alike. LOL

#60 georgianbaydrifter

georgianbaydrifter

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

When i seen that fish i thought it was dinner.....i would have slit her throat for sure.....about the plastic wrap who care what ppl think you look like triniboy as long as your getting your share of fish. However i think yhe plastic retains moisture and can damage the handle