• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 fisherman42

fisherman42

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

Just wondered if there is anyone from Brantford Ontaro who loves fishing and would like to disscus hotspots!

#2 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

Just wondered if there is anyone from Brantford Ontaro who loves fishing and would like to disscus hotspots!

Howdy (Hamilton, just down the road).
You're living on a hotspot bro--the Grand (nice native rainbows).

#3 PikeHunter

PikeHunter

Sunfish

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

Born and raised in Cambridge a stone throw from the Speed and now live in Kitchener and fish the Bloomingdale ponds (Kauffman flatts), the Grand, will be hitting the Conestoga more this year as well as the Nith, Whitemans creek and Big creek.

#4 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:31 PM

Like CC I'm also in Hamilton. I couldn't agree with him more about the Grand. Also holds lots of Bass, Pike and below Caledonia Channel Cats and Walleye.
We usually head out below Caledonia, but I'd love to hear of some spots to try up your way a bit more. I'm always open to discussing fishing :D .
Welcome to OFF. Lots of good folk here and lots of good talk and info.

Alfie.

#5 i2cool2fool

i2cool2fool

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

I am 20 min west of Woodstock. Welcome to OFF.

#6 Nismojunky

Nismojunky

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

Im in brantford where abouts? coffee meet is in order

#7 fisherman42

fisherman42

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

Im in brantford where abouts? coffee meet is in order

Have you done much fishing on Mohawk Lake? because the largemouth are really biting right now!

#8 Nismojunky

Nismojunky

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:03 PM

Dont fish there waste of time the lake is so polluted, bass is not open untill june be careful catch and release is okay if you happen to catch one wile fishing for crappy or sunfish. I mainly fish the grand and whitemans creek in brantford there are a few good hot spots just outside of brantford that I spend most of my time at , if you have a canoe your more then welcome to come on the canoe trips we do almost everyother day in late spring and summer.

#9 fisherman42

fisherman42

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

Dont fish there waste of time the lake is so polluted, bass is not open untill june be careful catch and release is okay if you happen to catch one wile fishing for crappy or sunfish. I mainly fish the grand and whitemans creek in brantford there are a few good hot spots just outside of brantford that I spend most of my time at , if you have a canoe your more then welcome to come on the canoe trips we do almost everyother day in late spring and summer.

Its not a waste of time, even though it is polluted. I usually caught at least one bass every time I go, one time last year I caught about 8 good size largemouth bass in a row ( some bigger than 15 inches) and its all catch and release. Do you know of any spots on the grand that don't have a strong current? because I don't like fishing in current. and thanks for the offer but I don't have a canoe. Happy Fishing!

Attached Images

• IMG_2551.JPG

#10 riverwalker

riverwalker

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:38 AM

I lived in Brantford for 10 years. Great walleye fishing there in a few hotspots on the Grand, awesome smallie fishing too!

#11 fifteenspeedstillfishing

fifteenspeedstillfishing

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:02 AM

I am from Brantford. I could walk the Grand all day and find spots to fish. I love below Wilkes, anywhere! The bridges behind the Casio. There are so many spots, I went to Mohawk today to fish seen a floater and decided to hit the Grand. They weren't in season yet. I hope you have fun along the banks of a awesome river! Happy Fishing and Good Luck!

#12 fifteenspeedstillfishing

fifteenspeedstillfishing

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

I am from Brantford. I could walk the Grand all day and find spots to fish. I love below Wilkes, anywhere! The bridges behind the Casio. There are so many spots, I went to Mohawk today to fish seen a floater and decided to hit the Grand. They weren't in season yet. I hope you have fun along the banks of a awesome river! Happy Fishing and Good Luck!

I take back any sort of prejudice I hold against Mohawk Lake. I caught a pretty decent Bass today, but they are out of season of course. So started using some Berkley Gulp bait and I was landing Bluegills like crazy for a bit, which is ok. I love the little guys they are a gorgeous fish. Seen a huge Koi in there to. I think my biggest Bluegill was a 3/4 of a pound maybe one but shes a big maybe. He was a big one, caught him with a cheap Wal Mart grub on a small hook. Three Crappie as well in a different spot. It was a awesome day I enjoyed the Blackbirds fighting as well. Cheers.

#13 fifteenspeedstillfishing

fifteenspeedstillfishing

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:48 PM

Mohawk Lake monster here. I thought she was a snapper.

Attached Images

• catfish 003.JPG

#14 ryan007

ryan007

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

hi new here just wondring if anyone knows what is good to use at mohawk and if anyone know where there are any pike hotspots in the grand or near brantford

#15 GrandRiverDrifter

GrandRiverDrifter

Sunfish

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

Haha, my friend has been wanting to catch that koi for a while.

#16 fifteenspeedstillfishing

fifteenspeedstillfishing

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

Haha, my friend has been wanting to catch that koi for a while.

I seen her/him yesterday by the middle of the factories close to the opposite side, so orange he is. I want him too, good luck. The carp are getting smarter down that way too, I had one wrap me around one of those vent pipes and toss the hook jumping like a moron.. Great place to fish, not to mention bluegill heaven for when no ones biting. I am thinking the far side of cockshutt bridge would be a ok place to try and lure out a nice Pike. I have not got into one yet. Corn and bread work good in mohawk. Jigs and such in the late spring kill crappie.

#17 GrandRiverDrifter

GrandRiverDrifter

Sunfish

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:43 PM

Ya I caught a few carp there in Juneish. Been there about 4 times since and got skunked though. Even when I seen them swimming around close to the bait they don't hit. I only seem to have good luck for carp there in the .

#18 BASS BUSTER !

BASS BUSTER !

Bass! Pike! Muskie!

• Active Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

$

#19 K24_cm7

K24_cm7

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

Bump!!

Anyone willing to share any spots along the grand in brantford Paris or Cambridge?

Used to do a lot of lake fishing in nanticoke as a kid, catching big bass and silver bass but haven't gone fishing since then.. Maybe a decade.
Recently caught a few good sized smallies in the grand! Now I'm hooked on fishing again!

Haven't caught much lately but I am very limited with spots.. Any tips on where to fish in brantford or even along the stretch between Paris and Cambridge.

Have a car and willing to do some hiking but sadly no canoe so I'm stuck along the shores.

#20 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

Welcome! Don't fish that area. I strongly suggest, you try some of the spots already outlined and who knows, you'll might be able to find a hotspot. Your asking a hard thing to answer on this site, if I was familiar with that area, I'd have sent you a pm by now. Good luck!

Bump!!

Anyone willing to share any spots along the grand in brantford Paris or Cambridge?

Used to do a lot of lake fishing in nanticoke as a kid, catching big bass and silver bass but haven't gone fishing since then.. Maybe a decade.
Recently caught a few good sized smallies in the grand! Now I'm hooked on fishing again!

Haven't caught much lately but I am very limited with spots.. Any tips on where to fish in brantford or even along the stretch between Paris and Cambridge.

Have a car and willing to do some hiking but sadly no canoe so I'm stuck along the shores.