• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Spinninreel

Spinninreel

Piscicapturist

• Active Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:05 PM

Berkley makes a few different rod holders to hold 4-6 rods for about $12.00. A rod case is the best way to transport equipment, especially if you have good quality stuff.

#22 GBW

GBW

Sunfish

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:59 PM

ya im thinking something similar to Grubmans setup as I dont have the space I thought I would on the wall. I need to get the rods out of the house soon though, the girlfriend is getting impatient lol.

whats so hard with drilling a few holes in wood? Then use a pool noodle if neded for the tip holders? Not saying the pic's of a frinds is best by any means but it's darn easy and doesn't cost much.

#23 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

whats so hard with drilling a few holes in wood? Then use a pool noodle if neded for the tip holders? Not saying the pic's of a frinds is best by any means but it's darn easy and doesn't cost much.

I dont mind drilling holes for the handles, I can picture how a pool noodle could work or any other type of foam for that matter but it seems a bit sloppy. The foam in the pic from your friends looks nice but I dont have a tool that can cut that shape into wood. Im thinking those plastic clamps would probably be easiest.

#24 georgianbaydrifter

georgianbaydrifter

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

haha...gf's, what are they really good for? complaining, nagging, maybe cooking depending on who the better cook is? haha

spending money frivilously?.........not putting lids on fully tightened?........deleting your saved fishing shows off the PVR?........UV exposure can damage the cork handle on rods as well as lesser quality guide inserts.

#25 Porter86

Porter86

Perch

• Active Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:15 AM

spending money frivilously?.........not putting lids on fully tightened?........deleting your saved fishing shows off the PVR?

bahahahahaha...sooooo true. But I could take the money thing when it comes to fishing equipment and beer haha.

#26 kabes

kabes

Sunfish

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

I just picked up the Bass Pro wall mount ... was only $20 and looks great.
Might not work on the ceiling though.