• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 John from CRAA

John from CRAA

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

Thanks to the more than 35 volunteers that came out to help today! With so many volunteers we finsihed everything on the list and more!

We dug up about 1,500 trees from the nursery ranging from 3 to 20 feet tall from our growing beds. Smaller trees were potted in 5-20 gallon pots. About 1,000 of the largest trees were planted along the river including spruce, pine, fir, tamarack, cedar, poplar and maple. Over 1,000 m of open river bank was planted. Another 800 trees were potted for future work and another 1,000 smaller trees from the nursery were planted in beds for the 2014-15 seasons.

Many hands make light work. I hope to see a lot more of you out there next time!

John

Peter with some big poplars in the 20 gallon pots.
Posted Image

Remo, Terri, Peter, Paul and Alissia planting small trees into the beds.
Posted Image

Trinity with a 6 foot white spruce.
Posted Image

Mike with a 20 foot poplar ready for the river bank!
Posted Image

Volunteers planting open field along the river.
Posted Image

Instant forest by CRAA! Shade for years to come!
Posted Image

More trees for the river. That huge silver maple beside my truck was planted by CRAA in 2003 as a 3" caliper, 15 feet tall. Now is 12" caliper and 40 feet tall.
Posted Image

Make sure you don't miss the next event! We saw some sweet water, saw some nice fish and had a great time.

John

#2 Float down

Float down

Perch

• Active Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

Amazing work, thanks for making our fishery that much better! Props to everyone who helped out.

#3 Equinox

Equinox

Sunfish

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

Thanks for the very significant work.When is the next event and I will consider offering time and effort.

#4 Spinninreel

Spinninreel

Piscicapturist

• Active Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

excellent work John. Will try to help next time.