• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 beef

beef

Sunfish

• Banned
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

Hi everyone it's Beef here I can't wait for opener, how about you? I have been walking all the rivers from kingston to Huron and there are loads of fish in the top end of every river and creek. I here alot of people saying that all the fish will be gone by opener and well I think that is false but if half the crowds are going to stay home then perfect more riverbank for me lol. I fish alot of private land on 5 different rivers and well i was at a few this morning, and where i fish, the fish havent even got there yet or at least the masses havent got there yet. My point is put in the leg work and you will be rewarded and yes I no they have been running all winter cause I have been catching them, but to my surprise i have noticed alot still moveing up. this year has been amazing spawning conditions for the fish cause alot of them are spawning with no ignorent people bugging them. Opener will be what you make of it remember its called fishing not catching lol, dont forget you can fish the bottom ends of the rivers, and remember the fish will hold in the pools feeding so they can make that trip back to the lakes I have caught many fish well into june you just have to find where they are. But yes most of the fish are moveing up fast spawning on the way just cause they are spawned out doesnt mean they arent going to stick around they just wont be where you would typically look for them. I own property on north duffins and last night i sat by the river with my dogs and watched new fish moveing in by the hundreds and I have also watched the ones that came up in dec spawn and drop back but they are still going to be there. Its like they take turns some come up do their thing and then go hideout and fatten up for the trip back to the lake and a new bunch come in my point is that there is loads of fish still moveing up if you fish the mouths then you would know cause I have been hammering on them at the mouth of every river and they are all chrome and they are full of eggs very tight not even ready to spawn yet but you watch this rain will bring alot up and the ones that have been up since dec will start to drop back feeding and holding on the way they dont just spawn and run. Good luck to all on opener and remember respect your resorces.

#2 Float down

Float down

Perch

• Active Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

I agree dude, we hit every stage of fish the last few days from chrome to spawned out, half spawned and just starting to show color. And the energy in them!!! Holy crap! I had a 7 pound buck go screaming down stream with nothing I could do to stop him, ended up chasing him forever! I had fish break six pound like thread, I forgot what spring steelies fought like!

#3 Guest_RiverNinja_*

Guest_RiverNinja_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

Hi everyone it's Beef here I can't wait for opener, how about you? I have been walking all the rivers from kingston to Huron and there are loads of fish in the top end of every river and creek. I here alot of people saying that all the fish will be gone by opener and well I think that is false but if half the crowds are going to stay home then perfect more riverbank for me lol. I fish alot of private land on 5 different rivers and well i was at a few this morning, and where i fish, the fish havent even got there yet or at least the masses havent got there yet. My point is put in the leg work and you will be rewarded and yes I no they have been running all winter cause I have been catching them, but to my surprise i have noticed alot still moveing up. this year has been amazing spawning conditions for the fish cause alot of them are spawning with no ignorent people bugging them. Opener will be what you make of it remember its called fishing not catching lol, dont forget you can fish the bottom ends of the rivers, and remember the fish will hold in the pools feeding so they can make that trip back to the lakes I have caught many fish well into june you just have to find where they are. But yes most of the fish are moveing up fast spawning on the way just cause they are spawned out doesnt mean they arent going to stick around they just wont be where you would typically look for them. I own property on north duffins and last night i sat by the river with my dogs and watched new fish moveing in by the hundreds and I have also watched the ones that came up in dec spawn and drop back but they are still going to be there. Its like they take turns some come up do their thing and then go hideout and fatten up for the trip back to the lake and a new bunch come in my point is that there is loads of fish still moveing up if you fish the mouths then you would know cause I have been hammering on them at the mouth of every river and they are all chrome and they are full of eggs very tight not even ready to spawn yet but you watch this rain will bring alot up and the ones that have been up since dec will start to drop back feeding and holding on the way they dont just spawn and run. Good luck to all on opener and remember respect your resorces.

Agreed! :smile:

OT @ Beef
-Do you carry a leather pouch across your shoulder?

#4 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

Nice writeup, I am super pumped for opener. Cant wait to hit the river this sat in the wind and rain, hopefully the weather keeps most people home. :smile:

#5 Kush

Kush

Bare Ignorant Fish

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

You're all crazy...everyone knows there will be absolutely no fish in any trib for opener...might aswell pack up the float gear and call it a wrap before the season even opens! :rolleyes:

#6 Float down

Float down

Perch

• Active Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

You're all crazy...everyone knows there will be absolutely no fish in any trib for opener...might aswell pack up the float gear and call it a wrap before the season even opens! :rolleyes:

Hahahaha Yupp! No fish at all!!! I think by the way there moving... They will ALL vacate on April 27'th... And I do mean all!

#7 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

Kush is right, plus, there have been changes made, opener isn't until the fourth Saturday in May, just saw it on the news :twisted:

Beef is spot on, while scouting last week, lots of fresh silver fish were spotted... dropback weaklings and fresh fish are being caught in open sections... see ya'll around.

#8 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

Interested to see how this system coming through this weekend will affect all those dark fish. Hasn't rained much recently...

#9 TKD

TKD

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

I saw few fresh ones going uptream also.. Hoping to see more of them after the rain next week..
Can't wait till the opening day!!

#10 TKD

TKD

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

I saw few fresh ones going uptream also.. Hoping to see more of them after the rain next week..
Can't wait till the opening day!!

#11 Spinninreel

Spinninreel

Piscicapturist

• Active Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

You are so right. what's the use, just pack it in and take up a new hobby. Have you tried golf or tennis?:mrgreen:

#12 beef

beef

Sunfish

• Banned
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

i love golf maybe thats what i will do since there will be no fish :cool:

#13 Rainbow

Rainbow

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

Whoahhhhhhhh! Easy on the tips fellas. It doesn't take a genius to understand this conversation :lol:

#14 m_van

m_van

Sunfish

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:28 AM

Whoahhhhhhhh! Easy on the tips fellas. It doesn't take a genius to understand this conversation :lol:

Hehehe! that's the ticket

Damned I am pumped.

#15 PikeHunter

PikeHunter

Sunfish

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

8 more sleeps, for me at least because I know I won't be sleeping trout open eve lol.

#16 Garfield the Cat

Garfield the Cat

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

I was very surprised today, out trying an couple tribs an this one river still had fresh bows comin in or just fresh Eggs just right an still Crome. Awesome

#17 CJR

CJR

#RNS

• Active Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

I was very surprised today, out trying an couple tribs an this one river still had fresh bows comin in or just fresh Eggs just right an still Crome. Awesome

Same, I was out the other day and hooked into a few freshies as well.

#18 beef

beef

Sunfish

• Banned
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

rain bow its beef here i was serious about the golf lol :)

#19 Majstor

Majstor

VIP Pro Staff

• Active Members
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

yes still a few freshies around but most are shooting back. got lucky that big rain didn't happen or most of them woud have been back to the lake.

#20 *chromeaddict

*chromeaddict

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

hope the rain were getting rite now and tommorow dosent push too many back..... will be interesting to see what happens