1 reply to this topic

#1 riverhugger

riverhugger

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

Hello everyone!

First time I had been out to Toronto island hoping to catch some pike after stumbling across this great forum in a search for new local spots.

Anyhow my group was hellbent on going "early" in the day so we took the 8:45 ferry to Ward's Island and started fishing. Fished all along the channel to snakes Island and around some of the more interesting looking structure at snakes island. No one got a single hit. I was throwing XR10 X raps in various colours all day and couldn't manage a single follow.

I think our failure was due to two things.

1) Terrible time of day. Got hot fast and sun was blasting down on the (surprisingly) clear water in no time.

2) Not bringing a map. I mapped out the areas we fished now (attached) and realized some of the spots that looked interesting may have been accessible via different bridges and trail I didn't know existed.

All in all it was nice to fish a new spot but I will not go back in the morning unless its an overcast day. I prefer late afternoon/early evening and feel it might yield better results.

Looking to go back in a few weekends if anyone is interested. I am out of country for the next few days but feel free to PM me on here if you need someone to go fishing with and maybe we can work out a Toronto Islands trip. I am located in Burlington so anyone around this area is welcome to give me a shout as well if they want to hit Lasalle or something one weekday night.

Cheers

Attached Files

#2 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

Went out last Friday from 3-6 pm and got nothing and no follows. I fished the same area as you. PM me when if ya wanna give it a shot together. Cheers.