• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 B RAD15

B RAD15

Sunfish

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:08 PM

Ended up going to six mile lake provincial park and it was beautiful! Started the day off swimming with my sister and mom then decided to go fishing! Went to put my inflatable boat in the water and realized I forgot my trolling motor... Don't ask how I really don't know -_- feeling so stupid and also down as I was looking forward to this day, and there was limited shore access due to a surprising amount of weeds right up to the surface... This was looking to be a dreadful day of fishing (impossible I know). The weeds were starting to bug me and it was the middle of the day so I gave up after catching no fish and just spent a few hours at the beach. Around 4 I went out to the dock where the weeds were a little lower and spent an hour casting a Mepps aglia #4. Saw some guy bring in about 5 pike and 5 smallmouth from his live well in his bass boat and I can't even begin to tell you how jealous I was! After that I finally nailed a fish, not much to write home about but hey it's another pike! 16 inch hammer handle but it had beautiful colours! No camera as we forgot that too... :P I guess this was a day of learning and perseverance to become a better fisherman in the future! Sorry for no pics!

#2 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:36 PM

Usually when I'm excited about heading out for a fishing trip I always stop myself while loading my gear to think, what did I forget or do a mental re-check. It just takes 5 or 10 minutes to look over or check your gear. Once I forgot to bring my net and I ended up buying another one, that night I got skunked and I had a new net!!!!! I would have saved myself $17 if I had double checked my gear.

Glad you caught something. Pike are alot of fun to fight. Glad you did'nt quite, you never know the next/last cast may get something.

#3 riverhugger

riverhugger

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:43 AM

Usually when I'm excited about heading out for a fishing trip I always stop myself while loading my gear to think, what did I forget or do a mental re-check. It just takes 5 or 10 minutes to look over or check your gear. Once I forgot to bring my net and I ended up buying another one, that night I got skunked and I had a new net!!!!! I would have saved myself $17 if I had double checked my gear.

Glad you caught something. Pike are alot of fun to fight. Glad you did'nt quite, you never know the next/last cast may get something.

This is the curse/beauty of fishing.

#4 ALN

ALN

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

Hahah totally agree with grub on taking a few minute to think. Cause the things you use the most and is the most accessible are the things we'll forget the most. I have forgot my tackle box once.... I never heard the end of it from my friend. Good thing for worms lmao

#5 Dugger

Dugger

Perch

• Active Members
  • 865 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:00 AM

.... you had me at "Mepps Anglia" :) talk aboot old school! NIceeeeeeeeeee!

hmmm I have had a lot of fun over the years fishing the most blatant spots everyone assumes is just too busy, accessible, blatantly obvious etc.....

summer hammer handles on a light rod make up a portion of the Near North summer dream

#6 georgianbaydrifter

georgianbaydrifter

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

pm me if you come up to the county again, i will put you on some great walleye fishing. Six mile has some wally's but severn river below swift rapids is far better

#7 B RAD15

B RAD15

Sunfish

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

GBD: I'm going up all next week I'll pm you

#8 B RAD15

B RAD15

Sunfish

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

It really does suck when you forget everything! Learn from experience though :)

#9 jeremonster

jeremonster

Sunfish

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

so there are walleye in 6 mile??

#10 hardwaterlover

hardwaterlover

Sunfish

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:15 AM

The structure there is fantastic with deep drops well over 100ft , I grew up fishing six mile , Know it like the back of my hand , I have contacts there if you need a boat or to rent of cottage . Great lake for sure just don’t remember boating any eyes .

#11 jeremonster

jeremonster

Sunfish

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:46 AM

hey there..i wish i would have known that a week ago. already rented camping for the family for a week. i have a 14' aluminum so im good for boating.

#12 buck

buck

Perch

• Active Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:33 AM

#13 jeremonster

jeremonster

Sunfish

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

thx..im hoping my gps and navionics app will help!

#14 fishing89

fishing89

Perch

• Active Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:02 AM

will be going camping with my dad there and with the boat in late july. Never been, hoping it will be a great time

#15 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:23 AM

it is a fantastic campground--just remember that the swimming at the beach is bad if you don't like weeds--store even has some cuties working there..lol

#16 jeremonster

jeremonster

Sunfish

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

im there 24-28 july oak & poplar campgrounds..

#17 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

I just recently stayed at site 88--good times bro but the mosquitos were like bats

#18 jeremonster

jeremonster

Sunfish

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:59 AM

we booked #85..

#19 redout

redout

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

Heading to The Park in a month (have to check with the boss for site number) and plan on using one of those Adventure Fishing Maps to get around. Anyone have any accuracy advice on those maps as far as "walleye here" and "NP here"? How about some PM info on spots for Walleye, Bass and Pike? I know the basic areas (structure based like weedbeds, rocky shoals, etc) but I expect to be in the "small" portion of the lake, before heading into the deeper section of the lake (not sure if I'm allowed to name the islands I plan on going no further than). I have a 13' car-topper and a 9.9hp, so I don't think I want to do too much work in the larger portion of the lake.

Oh and as for the Park - how were the docking facilities? I've heard/read various reports that there are some free docks but most are for-pay docks. I've just come back from Restoule and for 15yrs I've beached it when not in use. I'm also familiar with chaining a boat to a tree overnight, so long as there are places for this. Any experience?

#20 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

docks are all pay for over night--facility is great---ALOTTTT of weeds everywhere--the lake is good anywhere...there are channels everywhere