Six mile lake

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

the lake is know for crap swimming as the weeds are nuts.....

#22 redout

redout

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

Are you speaking about the lake in general or the park specifically as far as swimming? On bing.com's map (much clearer for this lake than google is) I can see one roped "swimming" area in the north end of the park bay and what seems like another larger roped area south of the first. The northern beach seems fairly clear on that map, but who knows how old that image is... I would assume the first one is the main beach, what is the second area?

On that same map image I can see what looks like a boat beached next to the beach. Am I able to "get in where I fit in" with the boat, using a beach or tree or am I forced to use the for-pay overnight dock? In your opinion is it unadvisable to chain the boat to a tree (motor and gas can locked with vinyl bike lock, perhaps gas can removed if need be). I'm very confused with this for-pay dock deal - I've been to 10 parks with my small boat and have never had to pay for docking - so please excuse my focus on this.

Thx for the info!!

#23 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:31 PM

The beaches are dredged out but only to waist deep water. North one is more for kids the other for swimmers the only place swimming has been good for me was off a boat. As far as i know all docks are pay use paid together with ur site. There is alao no place to tie boat up as there are campsites all along shoreline between the two beaches. Fishing is good however. If i can remember its 15 per night for a slip on the docks