4 replies to this topic

#1 4xplore

4xplore

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

Good day,

I just wanted to say hi to everyone on the forum. I'm new on here, but have 25 years of fishing under my belt. I've joined this forum to help find new remote locations across Ontario to fish.

I just got back yesterday from a 3-day fishing trip from Lingham Lake. It was my first time there and I have to say it was amazing. The access to the lake is all 4wd only, which keeps it form being overrun by cottages or the general public. We never saw one person during the trip, except for when we were arriving and leaving. No big lunkers to write home about, but consistent 2 to 2-1/2 pound smallmouth bass hitting on every second and sometimes every cast.

Anyone have suggestions on other remote fishing locations? I'm looking for places that are off the beaten path and would require an experienced 4wd driver and vehicle to get access.

IMG_2238.JPG
IMG_2240.JPG

IMG_2252.JPG

#2 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

Welcome brother:

Fished L Lake decades ago...we packed it in...beautiful spot.

CC

#3 BASS BUSTER !

BASS BUSTER !

Bass! Pike! Muskie!

• Active Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

That entire area is Old Gold Mining. Including "Eldorado": and many others.

I believe that "Lingham Lake" was Damded up for use as a "Tailings Deposit" area by one of those Companies.

I've had it "Mapped" for a number of years but have not yet been there.

"Limerick Lake" Just a Tad North of there is "Rumoured" to have some Pretty Nice Bass. 99% of them are "Largemouth".

Maybe one of these days. :unsure: :unsure:

Rick

PS: Welcome to OFF!

#4 4xplore

4xplore

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:22 AM

Thank you CC. And yes, a very beautiful spot.

Welcome brother:

Fished L Lake decades ago...we packed it in...beautiful spot.

CC

#5 4xplore

4xplore

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:26 AM

Thanks Rick!

I'lll have to look into Limerick Lake for the next trip.

Yeah I heard the same gold mining rumours. I'll have to look into it more, as it sounds like it could be an interesting history. If you do make it to Lingham, you'll never want to leave, trust me. It's definitely a hidden gem.

That entire area is Old Gold Mining. Including "Eldorado": and many others.

I believe that "Lingham Lake" was Damded up for use as a "Tailings Deposit" area by one of those Companies.

I've had it "Mapped" for a number of years but have not yet been there.

"Limerick Lake" Just a Tad North of there is "Rumoured" to have some Pretty Nice Bass. 99% of them are "Largemouth".

Maybe one of these days. :unsure: :unsure:

Rick

PS: Welcome to OFF!