REALLY NICE BASS there CHRIS!

Keep em coming..... who said anything about Salmon & Trout? lol

#22 FISHCHRIS

FISHCHRIS

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:46 PM

thanks guys,hopefully i will be able to get some more before it gets colder and the bass move out deeper.i'm coming up to try for some chins end of this month got a week of from work hopefully some are still around then, going to hit two different areas.

#23 FISHCHRIS

FISHCHRIS

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

so i made it to the river today to fish day off from work.the weather was amazing today for october,sunny mild but windy, at least from the south though.fished for a couple of hours,managed to land two bass one small and on nice size :) .shout out to the woman who helped with the net job on the bigger fish who ever you are thanks.had a few other bites but they came off,even had a pike or muskie attack my tube jig oh man feel the weight decent fish terrible hook set gone :angry: ,reel in my line look at my fluoro leader just nicked up like crazy from some nasty teeth,that fish was around snacking on the smaller bass for sure.here are a few pics of the bass.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image.

#24 efka

efka

• Active Members
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

solid fish, good job.

#25 FISHCHRIS

FISHCHRIS

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

solid fish, good job.

thanks efka,the small guys were chasing bait fish all over the place feeding up for winter.the water is slowly cooling but both fish still put up good fights.

#26 SmackUm

SmackUm

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

Good show FishChris and thanks for sharing. :)

#27 FISHCHRIS

FISHCHRIS

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

Good show FishChris and thanks for sharing. :)

thanks smackum, no problem it's nice to be able to share with the off members :)

#28 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

Those are some great looking bass. You have lots of luck on those tube jugs, maybe I should buy a pack...

#29 FISHCHRIS

FISHCHRIS

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

Those are some great looking bass. You have lots of luck on those tube jugs, maybe I should buy a pack...

yeah noob you should look into getting some tubes and the proper jig heads that go inside,tubes always a good option for bass :)

#30 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

yeah noob you should look into getting some tubes and the proper jig heads that go inside,tubes always a good option for bass :)

Thanks. Do you have a favorite brand/type? Cheers.

#31 CJR

CJR

#RNS

• Active Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

Awesome fish! Gotta love smallies :cool: .

Thanks for sharing.

#32 FISHCHRIS

FISHCHRIS

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

Thanks. Do you have a favorite brand/type? Cheers.

lately i've been using trig x,but any brand tubes will do try and get salted and or scented.years ago i bought these big bags of salted tubes from peter's in st catherines,used them all up though they were great.i also heard some like ones that are coffee scented,never tried them but probably will some time.tubes can be frustrating sometimes as they get snagged quite a bit in heavy cover and structure.

#33 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:00 AM

lately i've been using trig x,but any brand tubes will do try and get salted and or scented.years ago i bought these big bags of salted tubes from peter's in st catherines,used them all up though they were great.i also heard some like ones that are coffee scented,never tried them but probably will some time.tubes can be frustrating sometimes as they get snagged quite a bit in heavy cover and structure.

Thanks for the info. Cheers.

#34 manitoubass2

manitoubass2

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

All nice fish with great clean colors!

Nice catches man!!!

#35 FISHCHRIS

FISHCHRIS

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

so i was able to fish sunday and monday, was able to catch two decent fall smallies one each day.man the fish are so fat right now they look like they are going to burst,they are really feeding and fattening up for winter.here are a few pics :) Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 FISHCHRIS

FISHCHRIS

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

so after being skunked my last two trips to go for largies, up at 6am today hit the river by 6:30am.conditions were nice 20s for temps, south west wind light to start the day became west and breezy as morning progressed, straight sunshine for the most part as morning went on few light clouds here and there, water was good pretty clean no debris today.Fished tubes today, hopping, dragging and just catisng up river and letting the tube work back with the current.Broke the ice around 7:30am, not a big one but great fight,moved along the area where i fish nailed a bunch more including one 2 plus lbs,that fish took my tube way down so had to cut it off and release fish it bolted soon as it hit the water, when i rig up another jig, pinched the barb down, those bigger fish are notrious for taking the tube in deep and by the time you realize and set the hook you end up hooking down deep with the tube, anyway fought around 10-12 fish landed 6-7 and had some come off on their own quick release gotta love those somtimes battle the fish see it up close go to lift it up and they pop off.Had one bigger fish bite today, give it a good hook set i thought start to fight and it came unhooked, reel in my tube take a look and the hook had been opened up a bit from me trying to set the hook, the tube jig head hooks are strong but will give so i missed a pig on that strike.Fished until around 11:00am, normally i will tie up a drop shot rig and take a pass over the areas i had worked with my tubes, get it all setup go to put on a soft plastic that i normally use when drop shotting, nothing in the tackle box forgot to put them in so called it a day.Tuesday and wednesday off this week i know where i will be, here are a few pics from today.DSCF0313_zpsdb59f0c2.jpgDSCF0319_zps045e01a0.jpgDSCF0320_zps8df220fc.jpg

#37 MadocFlyGuy

MadocFlyGuy

Perch

• Moderators
  • 753 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

Great looking Bass my friend!

#38 FISHCHRIS

FISHCHRIS

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

Great looking Bass my friend!

thanks mfg,just love the smallies and the power of their fight even the small ones brawl!

#39 Dugger

Dugger

Perch

• Active Members
  • 865 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

whoa nelly!   look at you and your aqua marine blue waters!!!!!!

oh the southern tip of Canada!

#40 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:43 PM

so i was able to fish sunday and monday, was able to catch two decent fall smallies one each day.man the fish are so fat right now they look like they are going to burst,they are really feeding and fattening up for winter.here are a few pics smile.gifDSCF0230.jpg

Is that an inflamed anus I see? lol