#41 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:56 PM

Another Opportunity Offered

Hey All:

Occurred to me that we might have quite a range of abilities, interests, techniques, equipment etc.

I know some of you (like myself) are bringing extra equipment for others to try out...what better way to test equipment, and approaches to angling...it will serve as a veritable laboratory.

We can test float setups from 10-15 feet and a variety of reels, fly rods from mid-flex and soft to fast etc. and reels.

I think I will set up a couple of fly rods that people are free to try out, and an 11 1/2 foot crappy Fenwick HMX that people can try out as well--good rig to try your hand at the float...

Anyway a good opportunity to try some stuff out before making an investment you may regret later...

Just a thought

CC

#42 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:54 PM

I have been away for a few days working in Kincardine, unfortunately no time for fishing :(
I'd love to head up Saugeen way, I spent a lot of time on the river as a teen and in my 20's. It is truely a great Canadian river. I'm definitely in, and my friend says he is in, but he is very fickle and sometimes is a no show when we are supposed to go fishing. Anyone who can carry a paying passenger in the Hamilton area can feel free to PM me. I'd like to set up a back up plan to be certain I will be there.
The Saugeen will be open from Walkerton down to the lake at that time of year which allows a lot of good fishable waters. I for see a few chrome hitting the shore.

Alfie.

#43 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

Another Opportunity Offered

Hey All:

Occurred to me that we might have quite a range of abilities, interests, techniques, equipment etc.

I know some of you (like myself) are bringing extra equipment for others to try out...what better way to test equipment, and approaches to angling...it will serve as a veritable laboratory.

We can test float setups from 10-15 feet and a variety of reels, fly rods from mid-flex and soft to fast etc. and reels.

I think I will set up a couple of fly rods that people are free to try out, and an 11 1/2 foot crappy Fenwick HMX that people can try out as well--good rig to try your hand at the float...

Anyway a good opportunity to try some stuff out before making an investment you may regret later...

Just a thought

CC

I think that is an awesome idea... what a great opportunity to try different steelhead equipment! How often does that happen? :)

#44 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

1345789321[/url]' post='235589']
It's still so early.

CC how about doing a list of who's going and with what gear(spinning/float/fly) I'm no noob but have not done well on rivers so still learning. I'd love to meet up with fly guys if there are any, if not I'll be spinning. Thanks bro for setting it up.

Hey G-man, overlooked your post...apologies. Absolutely, I will be on the fly...so bring your stick!CC

#45 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:44 PM

Heya Guys...and Dolls:

It looks as though the weekend of the 13th is what we are agreeing on...below is a tentative list of names I've gleaned from our discussion who have indicated an interest. Of course the 13th is a little way off and the list may change given any number of circumstances...

Those of you who are attached have a good amount of time to curry favour with your partners...extra house work, yard work, etc. is a good way to generate some leverage...Posted Image Just sayin...

If your name doesn't appear below just shoot me a pm and I will amend the list accordingly...

Dozer
NOTTA STEELER
FishingNoob
emirriba
igm
chinook
Blair
TRINIBOY
CJR
SynX
Knuguy
Float down
Gillie
DEVIN
jlisk
ALN
Raptizzle
s2kobsessed
grubman
RUSTY420
fish.hunt.love.repeat
Madriverfisher
Alfiegee
NADO
Mike of Fishheads
Float_On
Float^drifter
RiverNinja (I will have to strong arm this dude--perhaps make him "an offer he can't refuse...")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeldwfOwuL8

Just to beat Blair to the punch...Posted Image

CC

#46 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:32 AM

This is starting to sound real good to me, and I don't have to curry favor with anyone. My boss may want me to work but I can tell him to go F hisself :cool: :grin:
A lot of the people on the list are among my OFF friends and have exchanged PMs with me. It will be great to meet these people in person and put a face with the names.

I think a good time will be had by all and maybe we will get some Chrome too :)

Alfie.

#47 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

I think a good time will be had by all and maybe we will get some Chrome too :)

Alfie.

#48 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:21 AM

Hey G-man, overlooked your post...apologies. Absolutely, I will be on the fly...so bring your stick!CC

No prob. I'll bring out my fly and noodle. :D

#49 Fishheads

Fishheads

Float Fishing Superstore

• Active Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

I would love to get in on this, great chance for me to meet a few of the board members. Fished the Geen more then once so i would happily take a few guys and show them around.
still would love to spice it up with a photo contest or something. I will supply prizes???? Whats the census on that???? Anyone like Prizes :shock:

#50 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

Sent Today, 05:06 PM

I must have missed some of the responses with the fray that ensued and me having been conscripted into the ModSquad...Posted Image

Of course Mike!!! You and the company have been great supporters and provide quality products and we would be lucky to have you on board...

Thanks for the generosity
Cornelius

Hey everyone, my response to Mike's PM...AWESOME
Now it's going to get interesting...

Who is going to win the vintage Clough??? Posted ImagePosted Image

CC

#51 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

I would love to get in on this, great chance for me to meet a few of the board members. Fished the Geen more then once so i would happily take a few guys and show them around.
still would love to spice it up with a photo contest or something. I will supply prizes???? Whats the census on that???? Anyone like Prizes :shock:

THANKS MIKE!!

#52 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

Hey everyone, my response to Mike's PM...AWESOME
Now it's going to get interesting...

Who is going to win the vintage Clough??? Posted ImagePosted Image

CC

At the risk of sounding dumb :huh: Not that it hasn't been done before :) . Who is Mike?

Alfie.

#53 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

Proprietor of FHs...

#54 ALN

ALN

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

Looks like we're gunna have a nice group on the river :)

#55 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

Wow that is really nice of you! Thanks!

#56 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

Looks like we're gunna have a nice group on the river :)

Looks like we're gunna an awesome day on the river!!! :-)

#57 riverhugger

riverhugger

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

Actually getting pretty excited for this! Gonna have to find me some pink waders for then... XD

#58 Raptizzle

Raptizzle

Sunfish

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:34 AM

Awesome, I'll be hitting up the saugeen and surrounding rivers/tribs as soon as I get back from vaca sept 2. Hopefully it will be good.
I'll bring my fly rods I got a few anywhere from a 0wt to a Spey 14ft 10 wt , I also got like 700 flies/egg patterns

#59 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

Days are booked off... now I need to start working on my tan :mrgreen:

#60 RUSTY420

RUSTY420

Perch

• Active Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

The wife's been told I'm there for sure. Really excited to try out some different setups before I purchase my own. Should I bring some bait at least. What should I bring to contribute