3 replies to this topic

#1 BnK

BnK

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

Hey everyone,

Planning to go camping with my girlfriend after the long weekend and we're headed to niagara falls on wednesday and thursday night but on tuesday I wanna go camping to get me some fishing... I can't have a total woman outing! :mrgreen:

So question is!

Does anyone know a campground that they've been to or heard of that has good fishing in st. catherines or somewhere in the relative area to Niagara Falls? I'm coming from Mississauga so anywhere in that general direction going west I don't mind at all!

Thanks!

#2 Gillie

Gillie

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

Hey everyone,

Planning to go camping with my girlfriend after the long weekend and we're headed to niagara falls on wednesday and thursday night but on tuesday I wanna go camping to get me some fishing... I can't have a total woman outing! :mrgreen:

So question is!

Does anyone know a campground that they've been to or heard of that has good fishing in st. catherines or somewhere in the relative area to Niagara Falls? I'm coming from Mississauga so anywhere in that general direction going west I don't mind at all!

Thanks!

Hi Banglacheesez,
Try Rockwood conservation Area in Guelp, I know the camping good however not sure how the fishing is but there is enough to keep your mind of the GF. But its the one place which is on your way to Niagara that I know off.

Here's the link to their site.... http://www.grandrive...fm?printer=true

Cheers and hope you have a good trip...

#3 BnK

BnK

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:09 PM

Thanks! We're going to head up there tomorrow :)

#4 CanadianAngler87

CanadianAngler87

Perch

• Active Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

I have never fished rockwood conservation but i have fished guelph lake. There are lots of pike and bass and pan fish. Guelph lake is close to rockwood maybe 10 min drive if that