• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

i will be trying the mouth, as soon as I get out of work. my rod is getting jittery...

#22 DEVIN

DEVIN

Sunfish

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

Yeah same here.. Mouth in the evening

#23 Klamp

Klamp

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

Posted Image

#24 riverhugger

riverhugger

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

Gonna try the the river not far past the mouth so I can have fun failing about with my centerpin in the daylight then as soon as the sun starts dipping I am going to the mouth... hopefully fish on.

:)

#25 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

was at the mouth of credit this morning... and absolutely nothing. very vry quiet.

water was clear too.

oh well

#26 jc53

jc53

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

http://m.680news.com.../Article/395837

Looks like some places but the west end got rain

#27 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

was at the mouth of credit this morning... and absolutely nothing. very vry quiet.

water was clear too.

oh well

Thanks Mikey.

According to jpct, the action was hot last night, and a run apparently went up:

http://www.ontariofi...post__p__236457

It was dead after the rain yesterday from around 2:30 pm to 8:30 pm from the mouth to the railway tracks, and now you're saying it was dead this morning, so I'm guessing they went up over night?

#28 DEVIN

DEVIN

Sunfish

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:00 AM

Hey peeps. Well looks like the rain is on its way in a couple of days. My question is do the salmon strange just befor the rainfall? Like a couple hours and once it rains they run. Or does the level have to rise in order for them to run right away. One more thing Are the timing of fishing still the same during the rain? Like early mornIng, late evening and night time. Just some clarification would be cool :). Can't tell you for the past couple rainy days at work I would be thinking to myself " it's just about lunch time I wonder if I should leave and go fishing" well thanks a lot guys

Dev

#29 Guest_Blair_*

Guest_Blair_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:15 AM

The fish KNOW the rain is coming before WE DO!

lol

A raincoat is your best friend.

- be there just before

- during

- and of course, right after.

HOLD ON! lol

#30 CanadianAngler87

CanadianAngler87

Perch

• Active Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

The best fishing i have ever had at bronte was in the pooring rain a couple years ago. Landed about 7 between 2 guys and 1 realy nice bow on fresh roe from a hen caught the same day.

#31 riverhugger

riverhugger

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

Out with the girlie today then I think I will through my pier and river rods into the car load up with food/water/caffeine and see if I can find my first salmon! If you see a super zombie looking guy stumbling about come Tuesday evening slap me into consciousness.

EDIT: Going to Bronte I think

#32 DEVIN

DEVIN

Sunfish

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

The fish KNOW the rain is coming before WE DO!

lol

A raincoat is your best friend.

- be there just before

- during

- and of course, right after.

HOLD ON! lol

Lol I wil. I just got a neat rain coat last month can't wait to try it out. I just hope I will be able to experience a run. Is fishing the mouth after the rain as good as during it?

#33 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:29 AM

tuesday and wed. 2 days of rain. this will be good.

#34 riverhugger

riverhugger

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

I think over 50 people got skunked at bronte last night... XD

The place was lined with people sitting roe off the bottom and casters in between each of them. Started to clear out a bit around 1am I left by 2am and didn't see one fish the whole night... eeek.

Bring on some rain!

#35 CanadianAngler87

CanadianAngler87

Perch

• Active Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

Lol I wil. I just got a neat rain coat last month can't wait to try it out. I just hope I will be able to experience a run. Is fishing the mouth after the rain as good as during it?

During a rainfall alot of the fish waiting will come im from the lake and head up stream with the exception of a few. After the rain most fish have enterd the trib and begun their journey up stream. So id assume fishing maybe better then usual after a rain at the mouth but i doubt it would be as good as during the rain as most fish are up past the mouth once the rain has fell. Just my educated guess tho

#36 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

I feel sick right now...being at work and not out there...LoL. maybe this is a good excuse.

#37 riverhugger

riverhugger

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

Man so sick suddenly... :mrgreen:

#38 DEVIN

DEVIN

Sunfish

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:45 PM

"last minute school registration"

Muahahahhaha

#39 jpct

jpct

Sunfish

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

People need to be educated that sitting on bottom for salmon IS NOT CATCHING FISH.

They are LINING THE FISH.

I really wonder if people are doing it on purpose knowing this, or if they are just plain ignorant.

Like the guy who was fishing the ganny on Monday, and asked us if it was a sanctuary because he didn't know and didn't look in the regs.

Meanwhile he was fishing there for the past 3 hours "not knowing" whether it was a sanctuary or not.. WTF????

Back to my original point. No matter what you use while sitting on bottom... Roe.. Styrofoam... Cigarette butts, earplugs, marshmallows, .. ANYTHING.. The fish are NOT BITING YOUR "bait". They are simply running into it.

#40 CJR

CJR

#RNS

• Active Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:03 PM

People need to be educated that sitting on bottom for salmon IS NOT CATCHING FISH.

They are LINING THE FISH.

I really wonder if people are doing it on purpose knowing this, or if they are just plain ignorant.

Like the guy who was fishing the ganny on Monday, and asked us if it was a sanctuary because he didn't know and didn't look in the regs.

Meanwhile he was fishing there for the past 3 hours "not knowing" whether it was a sanctuary or not.. WTF????

Back to my original point. No matter what you use while sitting on bottom... Roe.. Styrofoam... Cigarette butts, earplugs, marshmallows, .. ANYTHING.. The fish are NOT BITING YOUR "bait". They are simply running into it.

I tried to educate someone I know that does this and his reply was: "I want to have fun, what I'm doing is perfectly legal".. :blink: