• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JCue

JCue

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

Hey all just wanted to tell you about and experience I had 2 weeks ago in the Fenelon Falls and Bobcaygeon area. I decided to go out on a charter in stead of renting a boat because I was fishing alone and didn't know the lakes very well at all. I am so glad I did, I went out with Erik Luzak a local pro who showed me the ropes of the lake. It was a little expensive but more than worth it as he showed me some prime spots and great techniques that I will take with me for my own trips. I told him I was looking for bigger fish and we barely caught anything under 2 lbs, probably 12-15 fish in only 4 hrs on the lake. Just wanted to share this story and show you a few of the fish.

photo (2).JPG
2 largies (2.5l bs and 3 lbs) caught by skipping a senko under docks and trees.

photo (3).JPG
3 lbs smallie caught top water on a chug bug

#2 Dugger

Dugger

Perch

• Active Members
  • 865 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

Great report, JCue! I love northern Pigeon Lake. clear and rocky unlike the southern end and good fishing... Red Rock?? A buddy of mine had a Smallmouth on there that he eventually lost, that he swore was over 9 lbs!!!! And he is a professional salmon and trout guide so I believe him. But, yes, what a great lake eh! Great bass pics! Thanks for sharing!

#3 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:31 PM

Some big fish, congrats :)

#4 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

12-15 fish in only 4 hrs. I'd say that money well spent.

Great catches.

#5 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:06 AM

Sounds like you had a great time! Those are some beauty fish! Thanks for making a report!

#6 JCue

JCue

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

Thanks for the support! Now if only I could find fishing like that closer to toronto!