• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Bug_Slinger

Bug_Slinger

Sunfish

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

anyone been down to the credit today? any info on water clarity and water levels would be much appreciated... cheers

#2 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

anyone been down to the credit today? any info on water clarity and water levels would be much appreciated... cheers

Credit??? Never heard of it...
For fishing??? Never heard tell...

Welcome aboard brother--what's your story?
Looking forward to your contributions!!
CC

#3 Guest_RiverNinja_*

Guest_RiverNinja_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

OP,
could you check the credit river for us? we are wondering what the conditions are like..

K thx bai.

#4 mitchrz

mitchrz

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

Going to check out Erindale Park @ Dundas, and if it looks good i'll fish it up to Burnamthorpe... probably wont be able to give a report until after a day of fishing though. Back up plan is to hit up Port Credit.

#5 Rainbow

Rainbow

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

That's awesome, but please don't disclose in your report where the fish are if they are upstream from the mouth! People lurk online forums specifically for that kind of information.

#6 Float_On

Float_On

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

I wonder when topics like this are going to start to be relegated to "Salmonoid Insanity" this year?

I dont think that the fever is as bad as it has been in recent years...
Maybe with yesterday's rain the sickness will start spreading!

CC:

Salmon should have their very own forum section, aside from steely and brown discussions...
Lots of guys get "vaccinated" against salmonoid insanity and dont go salmon fishing in tribs, yet they still need to weed through all the salmon posts to find info on migratory trout...

Just a thought, i think ive brought it up before...

Maybe a Poll!!?

#7 Majstor

Majstor

VIP Pro Staff

• Active Members
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

no fish that i seen only suckers and crayfish, but if u do go down please let us all know.

#8 Gillie

Gillie

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

Nothng much happening up at the Credit, water is still murky and no fish...spent a couple of hours up and down stream from Erin Dale park with no bites at all....
Anyon else have any luck?

Tks

#9 CJR

CJR

#RNS

• Active Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

Lotsa suckers in the credit. :blink:

#10 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

Hey Fishaholic

Welcome to OFF's AA (Angler's Anonymus) we all here to support you (to catch more fish)..........lol.

#11 DEVIN

DEVIN

Sunfish

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

Havnt been in a couple days but I noticed that at erindale there is a dam. I was wondering what happens to that darn when the salmon start to run. (not sure if the darn is gone if so then disregard this msg) I was tripping out thinking that if a salmon tried to jump the 7' by 8' barrier it would most likely end up a salmon kabob after being impaled. Spoke to a guy last month and he said that the it's gets cleaned up. But by looking at it .. That's a lot of work. But I would defiantly be intrested in the mission. Well.. That's all I have to say :) thanks

Dev

#12 Majstor

Majstor

VIP Pro Staff

• Active Members
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

devin its not a dam. Logs and garbage get stuck there from the washout after storms. Fish still go underneath it it doesn't stop them from going up river. Makes it tough for snaggers to get them, I've heard they might not even be cleaning it up this year.

#13 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:59 PM

OP,
could you check the credit river for us? we are wondering what the conditions are like..

K thx bai.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 georgianbaydrifter

georgianbaydrifter

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:20 AM

what are those things for....some kind of flood control or something

#15 Rainbow

Rainbow

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:26 AM

I think there used to be a dam at Erindale a very long time ago, but it was removed. The concrete structure we see there now is called the icebreakers. The fish have no problem passing that :cool:

#16 georgianbaydrifter

georgianbaydrifter

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:28 AM

gotta love drifting the concrete

#17 Bug_Slinger

Bug_Slinger

Sunfish

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

thanks for the welcomes and info guys... Looking forward to being apart of the OFF team to contribute and learn more about the sport we all love... cheers!

#18 mitchrz

mitchrz

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

Water was murky, probably a foot of visibility. The water level had risen about 4"-5" since the last rain. I immediately checked the ice breakers, but caught nothing. Hopefully going out again today for some action. I feel that the fish are scattered along the river or the very recent run has not made its way up to that point.

#19 B-ass master

B-ass master

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

Was @ portcredit the other night before that heavy rain fall hit, was around 10pm seen a few jumpers :grin: they got my hopes up bt didnt catch anything my self but watched another dude reel in 3 of them :???: they looked retty good say about 24 pounders

#20 John from CRAA

John from CRAA

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

Ice breakers...for breaking ice. Not a dam.

Th old dam was taken out in the 1940's and is 100 yards downstream. The Ice breaker was built by CVC in the mid 80's to break ice so the golf courses closer to QEW would not be flooded/damaged by ice. If the golf courses planted trees along the river they would be far better off. It does not block or slow fish. There is 5,000 litres per second of water flowing past it in low water, 50,000 litres after a heavy rain.

John