• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 FREEWILLIE

FREEWILLIE

Earthworm

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

spent 5 hour all over the Notty in the provincial park little action...lost a rainbow no salmon...on my way home stopped at one of the rivers that run of the notty.....packed!...lost 5 pulled in a male n female in about n hour n a half nice clean 10 pounders....a guy i spoke with said it was even crazier in the morning...groups of 20 kept rushing in...everyone ther probably left with one............heard bronte is getting some action........no time today gana go tomrooo....good luck guys keep hoookin up

#2 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:32 PM

spent 5 hour all over the Notty in the provincial park little action...lost a rainbow no salmon...on my way home stopped at one of the rivers that run of the notty.....packed!...lost 5 pulled in a male n female in about n hour n a half nice clean 10 pounders....a guy i spoke with said it was even crazier in the morning...groups of 20 kept rushing in...everyone ther probably left with one............heard bronte is getting some action........no time today gana go tomrooo....good luck guys keep hoookin up

Sounds like pay-dirt brother...congrats

#3 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:27 PM

Thanks for the report. You must have put alot of miles on your car. How was the water clarity? I was on the Credit and mud all over where I was. No bows only a few salmon no one caught.

#4 riverhugger

riverhugger

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:22 AM

Was up and down bronte yesterday... water was still pretty low vis, a few fish were splashing round far south (nothing at all north) nothing major or worth fighting the numbers already forming there for.

My prediction is Petro Park is going to be a disaster by next weekend. <_<

#5 Gillie

Gillie

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

Was at Port Credit yesterday eveneing and boy was there action...
Looked like there was a run for about 30mins in which time almost everyone fishing hooked one or lost a few after which it totally died down...
Planning a trip today and if i hook up will try and post some pics..

:)

#6 Ertzies

Ertzies

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:18 AM

Was at Port Credit yesterday eveneing and boy was there action...
Looked like there was a run for about 30mins in which time almost everyone fishing hooked one or lost a few after which it totally died down...
Planning a trip today and if i hook up will try and post some pics..

:)

Guess i went to the wrong port last night :cry: I accidentally typed in credit on the gps, and realized halfway that it was wrong, suppose i should have left it. . . Bronte Harbour was dead last night. No one was hooking up it seemed. Still gunning for that first chinny spoon chuckin'!

#7 FREEWILLIE

FREEWILLIE

Earthworm

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:02 PM

i think in a week or two there willl be lots of action....no more people posting because we willl be out ther hookijn up lol

#8 Float down

Float down

Perch

• Active Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:23 AM

Was anyone east this weekend and got to see the gong show I witnessed? I'd like to give a big thumbs up to the CO's that were handing out tickets like coupons, a lot of fish were slaughtered on Saturday, one fellow had nine hens next to him and proceeded to tell the officers they weren't his. I still had my fun though, arms are still sore. I highly recommend seagaurs granmax lead line, there 7 lbs test holds those tanks as well as any 10 pound you'll ever find, probably a record for me for least fish snapped off.

#9 Guest_RiverNinja_*

Guest_RiverNinja_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

Was anyone east this weekend and got to see the gong show I witnessed? I'd like to give a big thumbs up to the CO's that were handing out tickets like coupons, a lot of fish were slaughtered on Saturday, one fellow had nine hens next to him and proceeded to tell the officers they weren't his. I still had my fun though, arms are still sore. I highly recommend seagaurs granmax lead line, there 7 lbs test holds those tanks as well as any 10 pound you'll ever find, probably a record for me for least fish snapped off.

I swear that is the sole reason why I don't fish the east tribs as much as I have in seasons past... To much debauchery

+1 for seaguar.. i use AbrazeX for lead line and it is fantastic..

#10 Guest_Blair_*

Guest_Blair_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:15 AM

I swear that is the sole reason why I don't fish the east tribs as much as I have in seasons past... To much debauchery

+1 for seaguar.. i use AbrazeX for lead line and it is fantastic..

What kind of Price Point for this line?
* yes, i would rather spend some money on quality line considering Gas etc.

I've been doing Okay with Good Mono (moderate) of either 12 lbs or 14 lbs.

Appreciate your heads up and advice on this product.

thanks

#11 Guest_Blair_*

Guest_Blair_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

. I highly recommend seagaurs granmax lead line, there 7 lbs test holds those tanks as well as any 10 pound you'll ever find, probably a record for me for least fish snapped off.

7 lb! Kudo's man. The quality MUST be there.

Float ... you doing that in the CURRENT (Downstream) as well?

MAGIC MAN lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnNmdB95CA0

#12 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

What kind of Price Point for this line?
* yes, i would rather spend some money on quality line considering Gas etc.
I've been doing Okay with Good Mono (moderate) of either 12 lbs or 14 lbs.

Appreciate your heads up and advice on this product.

thanks

Hey Blair they are talking about leader material I believe. As far as mainline goes the best deal I have found yet is the bulk spools of the Raven line, something like 700 or 800 yards for 7.99 at Sail. Its not as good as the siglon mainline that I usually prefer but I very rarely break off on my main line and siglon usually costs me around 14 bucks for 300 yards.

For leader material my go to is phantom, its been a while since I bought it but I believe its under 10 bucks for a 30 yard spool. The best ive found in that price point and better than a few of the $12-14 spools.

#13 Float down

Float down

Perch

• Active Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

Hey Blair, yah that 7 lbs seagaur is leader material, and it's absolutley bullet proof, i was running the 9 lbs and I was turning fish around in fast water while they were making there runs, and broke a shimano convergence in the process, ha! And nado, I run raven as well, and I don't think I've broken one off on the main line yet. I did just stock up on gama line, seeing as they don't make it anymore. Also bullet proof, very smooth and floats unbelievably.

#14 Guest_RiverNinja_*

Guest_RiverNinja_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:45 PM

@blair
I buy the 200 yard spools @ $20 .. It saves me $ in the long run as I only use it for lead line.
*I run 6lb lead and have no issues turning the big chinny's*

#15 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:47 PM

@blair
I buy the 200 yard spools @ $20 .. It saves me $ in the long run as I only use it for lead line.

What brand is that and where do you buy it?

#16 Guest_RiverNinja_*

Guest_RiverNinja_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

What brand is that and where do you buy it?

Seaguar AbrazeX... you can find it at Basspro shops. Not sure if Sail carries it..

#17 Rainbow

Rainbow

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

I also use AbrazX for flouro. It makes typical 30 yard spools look like ripoffs :)

#18 Guest_Blair_*

Guest_Blair_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

Thanks Guys! (Nado, River, Float, Rainbow)

Quick question: "Are you out there catching the FRESH RUNS ... with the Pin?"

lol

If so: BALLS to the WALL ...man! Kudos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_3TlrZLpQ0

ps: How's the Knuckles?

I'm either using my 8' Med Heavy or 9'6' light.

And will admit i get a little "nervous" with the Light

Last night water levels down and calmer, but on Saturday (Didnt even consider the light action in the Current)

We're not talking late season Salmon in a shallow pool, but Pier or HIGH WATER TRIB with a 30lb+ SNOT ROCKET raging full out.

#19 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:11 PM

@blair
*I run 6lb lead and have no issues turning the big chinny's*

Yep...it's all in the rod man...
CC

#20 FREEWILLIE

FREEWILLIE

Earthworm

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

went too bronte yesterday to my secrete spot water was so lowww but still managed to pull in 3 massive males plus 20 for siure....the bridge was packed lol no action there....this rain we are having today should spark a big run in my opinion.....how are you guys making out?