Inflatable Boat Fishing Trip

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:23 AM

frog boat--gonna buy one shortly..just saying.

#62 IR4J

IR4J

Perch

• Active Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:12 PM

Ive been contemplating the freedom hawk series of kayaks/SUP/spaceship for a while now... A little pricey but every once in a while you see them on sale.

Not that that has anything to do with this conversation but Rembot 2000 threw out frog boat

#63 rhymobot

rhymobot

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:28 PM

i've contemplated getting a canoe in addition to my inflatable. the best part of the inflatable for me is that it goes in my trunk and goes wherever i go. no strapping it on to the roof and watching my speed on the highway. also i'd need to buy a roof rack too. and then i'd want to buy stabilizers for the canoe which run a couple hundred bucks. though you could make your own with pool noodles, piping and elbow joints but i'm not that enterprising.

the canoe definitely cuts through faster, gets from car to water faster and has more square footage in total and so i considered it for fishing my local rivers and small lakes where i'd be driving on local roads only. but then i thought a 12 or 14 footer would be hard with just one person. carrying and dealing with the roof. the inflatable is easy for one person. plus storage would be a problem especially since i moved out on my own into a condo and don't have a garage now.

one overlooked aspect of the inflatable like these fish hunters is that you can lie down and even sleep like i do sometimes. even with 2 people on it i can still sprawl out and lie down. this is for those lazy summer days where i'm on the water by 8am and need a nap by 11. cover my face with my hat and take a 20 minute power nap after anchoring down. my gf will also lie down and tan while we're trolling or anchored down.

the 14 foot aluminum my friend has you can't lie down in. but my cousin's 17 foot bass boat has perfect carpeted decks for napping. lol. i'm not a morning person so inevitably i will have to lie down at some point for those early start days.

#64 Diana Danger

Diana Danger

Steel Bunny

• Active Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:29 PM

i've contemplated getting a canoe in addition to my inflatable. the best part of the inflatable for me is that it goes in my trunk and goes wherever i go. no strapping it on to the roof and watching my speed on the highway. also i'd need to buy a roof rack too. and then i'd want to buy stabilizers for the canoe which run a couple hundred bucks. though you could make your own with pool noodles, piping and elbow joints but i'm not that enterprising.

the canoe definitely cuts through faster, gets from car to water faster and has more square footage in total and so i considered it for fishing my local rivers and small lakes where i'd be driving on local roads only. but then i thought a 12 or 14 footer would be hard with just one person. carrying and dealing with the roof. the inflatable is easy for one person. plus storage would be a problem especially since i moved out on my own into a condo and don't have a garage now.

one overlooked aspect of the inflatable like these fish hunters is that you can lie down and even sleep like i do sometimes. even with 2 people on it i can still sprawl out and lie down. this is for those lazy summer days where i'm on the water by 8am and need a nap by 11. cover my face with my hat and take a 20 minute power nap after anchoring down. my gf will also lie down and tan while we're trolling or anchored down.

the 14 foot aluminum my friend has you can't lie down in. but my cousin's 17 foot bass boat has perfect carpeted decks for napping. lol. i'm not a morning person so inevitably i will have to lie down at some point for those early start days.

What he said ^

#65 Shawarma

Shawarma

Perch

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:31 PM

This is the first time I've seen sleep capability discussed as a pro for an inflatable boat lol. It makes perfect logical sense!

#66 BowSlayer

BowSlayer

Perch

• Active Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

lol, if you wanna sleep get a couch!! A perfect solution for a nap on the water would be a pontoon but those need a trailer, drink a ton of gas and go turtle pace lol.

#67 SmackUm

SmackUm

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:19 PM

Greetings fellow inflator,  I am very interested to see these photos but the links are not working for me, maybe because this is an older thread.  Can you repost them?

I lost those files some time ago lets see if this one works.
http://s895.photobuc...9.jpg.html?o=32

Yep.... It works maybe I'll get out next year and post.

#68 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:28 PM

Heya SmackUm - long time brother.  Hope you and yours have a great holiday and a SPECtacular new years.  Cheers!

#69 SmackUm

SmackUm

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:41 PM

Heya SmackUm - long time brother.  Hope you and yours have a great holiday and a SPECtacular new years.  Cheers!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you too may 2015 be spectacular!