30 replies to this topic

#21 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

ok i will bite---what is BOT?

1. Simple computer program used to perform highly repetitive operations, e.g. to spam on forums.

Cheers.

#22 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

1. Simple computer program used to perform highly repetitive operations, e.g. to spam on forums.

Cheers.

I wonder how the bot got an account for this forum. I think when i signed up there was a code in weird letters(i can't remember what you call it), where you type in what it says, but its hard to read and stops anyone but real humains from proceeding. Anyway, i think there was a bot stopper when i signed up, not positive though.

#23 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

I wonder how the bot got an account for this forum. I think when i signed up there was a code in weird letters(i can't remember what you call it), where you type in what it says, but its hard to read and stops anyone but real humains from proceeding. Anyway, i think there was a bot stopper when i signed up, not positive though.

Hmmmm, I vaguely remember that too. Although I would not be surprised if programmers could create programs that can overcome these obstacles. I'll have to check in on it.

#24 buck

buck

Perch

• Active Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

#25 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

I think a human signs up in the forum and then passes the password to the bot and now the creepy bot is a member :?:

Very true.

#26 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

ok i will bite---what is BOT?

Bot is short for robot. It's a progam to send out mass messages or emails just like the OP. It never responds b/c it's just a program. There are two identical threads. Noob caught it. We just make fun of it. I'd deactivate it or short out it's battery if I could.......lol.

EDIT: I think the bot slowed my pc down so I could not see the next page. Thanks alot DEEP-A$$-KISSER. .....lol.

#27 BASS BUSTER !

BASS BUSTER !

Bass! Pike! Muskie!

• Active Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

$

#28 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

Heavens To Betsy .... They Posted it!!!:grin:

:lol:

I don't why some one hasn't banned him/her yet...Like FishHawk suggested it might speed the site up a bit.

#29 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

So if this bot got my password to go online under my name then what? Will post topics under my nic and possibly say bad things or just to spread a virus/malware?

Fish
Yes I did notice OFF was very slow to load/reply. Thanks for the info.

#30 Ross

Ross

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

I think the poster is right. A see food diet you see food you eat it he just didn't have his spell chek on . :-))

#31 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:38 AM

So if this bot got my password to go online under my name then what? Will post topics under my nic and possibly say bad things or just to spread a virus/malware?

Fish
Yes I did notice OFF was very slow to load/reply. Thanks for the info.

The bot could, but it is unlikely... how secure is your password...