• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 FISHIN'king

FISHIN'king

Sunfish

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

WHAT RIVERS ARE GOOD FOR STEELHEAD THROUGH FALL AND WINTER AND WHAT SHOULD I USE?????? ONLY RIVERS IN DURHAM AND CLARINGTON PLZ... IM NEW TO STEELHEAD FISHING SO I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT GOOD SPOTS AND BAITS??? :shock: PLZ only put in rivers that are open through october to march... thx

#2 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:28 AM

WHAT RIVERS ARE GOOD FOR STEELHEAD THROUGH FALL AND WINTER AND WHAT SHOULD I USE?????? ONLY RIVERS IN DURHAM AND CLARINGTON PLZ... IM NEW TO STEELHEAD FISHING SO I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT GOOD SPOTS AND BAITS??? :shock: PLZ only put in rivers that are open through october to march... thx

Need a ride to some of the producing spots as well???

Let me know....Posted Image

#3 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

google is your friend.

#4 ALN

ALN

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

Fish are in every river that connects to lake O I'm sure you can find some if you drive around and explore

#5 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:36 AM

Fish are in every river that connects to lake O I'm sure you can find some if you drive around and explore

x2

If you find them let us know...... ;) Who knows maybe you'll end up finding a whole mess of them...........lol.
Use roe, kwikfish,worms, plastic worms/grubs, in-line spinners, grenades or dynamite.........lol.

Good luck.

#6 Knuguy

Knuguy

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

You can get a copy of the regs wherever licences are sold. Any river that's open will have some bows. Read a few posts on this forum and you will find info on roe, worms, beads etc.

#7 schnip

schnip

Perch

• Active Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

i think finding the spots is part of the journey my friend--if you really want a sure thing BURDS FISHING POND on hwy 48 is the honey holes of all honey holes --they even have different ponds with different sized fish---only thing missing is some rice and maybe a bit of salad....PS just an FYI WHEN YOU TYPE IN CAPS ITS YELLING---TROUT GUYS DONT YELL....lololol

#8 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

i think finding the spots is part of the journey my friend--if you really want a sure thing BURDS FISHING POND on hwy 48 is the honey holes of all honey holes --they even have different ponds with different sized fish---only thing missing is some rice and maybe a bit of salad....PS just an FYI WHEN YOU TYPE IN CAPS ITS YELLING---TROUT GUYS DONT YELL....lololol

LoL ...and if Burd's fishing doesn't deliver...it's time to look for another hobby.

#9 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

If you want a hand me out the only way to get one is to book a guide. If you are ok with spending the money than its a great way to fast track your way to success. If you are interested check out Dozers page.

http://www.ontariofi...hing-steelhead/

#10 schnip

schnip

Perch

• Active Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

or pm me before sat morning you yelling fishin maniac---lol we will hook up--i am a noob just not as noob as you---lol we have friends---we like company justy dont yell at us,...lol
love meeting new peeps to fish with---and if your lucky like me the grub and eastern shore will join us---awesome times man awesome.

#11 schnip

schnip

Perch

• Active Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

rich you comin this weekend??? i need to catch something from a river soon or i am gonna take up lawn bowling,

#12 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

rich you comin this weekend??? i need to catch something from a river soon or i am gonna take up lawn bowling,

I'm thinking of hitting duffins on sunday am. Mr. Steel (head) might show up this weekend. Rouge was zero btw. was checking it this am before heading to work. Carps are hogging the spots.

#13 schnip

schnip

Perch

• Active Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

sign me up!!!

#14 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

no promises though cause i'm always on call. it's easier for me to hit GTA spots but further east or west i can't commit. But would love to see duffins this time of the year. I got my one and only steelhead at duffins so i'm excited to go back.

#15 schnip

schnip

Perch

• Active Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

going on sat morning----

#16 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

same spot? Fishn'king might want to come with you. will pm you before friday if i will go.

#17 kingpinofkw

kingpinofkw

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

I am going to try my luck up on Huron this week thinking Thursday probably going, get all the gear ready to go, should be some good times!

#18 schnip

schnip

Perch

• Active Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

ya i will pm my number incase i am not in the forum,,,

#19 efka

efka

• Active Members
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:10 PM