62 replies to this topic

#41 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

Nice job...

Say a prayer for that little creek...don't hold out much hope for it.

#42 buck

buck

Perch

• Active Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

Nice job...

#43 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

wow....is it really that bad?

I fished W for the first time in about 25 years last spring...the change is dramatic and what the township has allowed by way of the encroachment of housing is inexcusable. The pressure that system will be receiving (with the growing popularity of float fishing as it increases your catch ratio and requires no GREAT expertise) will be its undoing...
JMO...

#44 CJR

CJR

#RNS

• Active Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

wow....is it really that bad?

Yeah it can get pretty disgusting. :shock:

#45 buck

buck

Perch

• Active Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

Yeah it can get pretty disgusting. :shock:

#46 Klamp

Klamp

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Nice work guys. As someone said, if everyone does their part and gives a little back...

#47 Odoyle

Odoyle

Sunfish

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

Gotta Preach good Fish Handling Techniques as Cc has show'd us many times .....

i do thank you for that because it truely does stick in the head after awhile ... @ First i was ignorant ... i do admit .... but i feel ive changed my handling ways :)

C&R FTW for all the Lake O Tribs

IMO :)

#48 Luke

Luke

Sunfish

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

It was good meeting everyone and putting some faces to names. We ended up cleaning the rail pool and started on the parking lot and ran out of bags.

Sorry we left once everyone started fishing, was just too crowded for me and I don't like frogwater so we went to a different stream. We were rewarded with karma points. Devin landed his First steel, Mitch got a 31.5 incher, and another tank that had a bunch of garbage stuck to it. I will let him post that pic.

Oh and I went 3 for 5 :) with a few fatties and the tank that got away.

Grubman, well get you that steel next time we go. For today it was my mission to get Devin into one.

#49 georgianbaydrifter

georgianbaydrifter

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

it looks like fish head soup after the brigade hits it....but there is lots of gravel

#50 Luke

Luke

Sunfish

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

The troops usually hit the salmon and go away by the time the steel runs in the fall then it gets hit heavily on opener like every other steam. I'm sure as long as people practice good conservation it's fate will be no different from any other stream.

Besides this thread is about a positive action taken by a few guys today, no sense in tarnishing it with discussions that belong in salmonid insanity.

#51 Odoyle

Odoyle

Sunfish

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

Tru .... lol my bad

#52 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

Not to worry--the odd sidebar doesn't in any way detract from some conservationist efforts. If anything they support such efforts and lend a greater urgency that such initiatives are not wasted...

cc

#53 georgianbaydrifter

georgianbaydrifter

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

it was far worse last year the cw goon squad hauled out 10 garbage bags from cnr and salmo was down there garbage picking too everytime we seen him plus the big cleanup and i believe the body count was way higher than this year. however we didnt see what the carnage was like at the mouth

#54 salmotrutta

salmotrutta

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

Great to put more faces to names and to see some familiar faces again. Good to hear that Trini was rewarded for his long haul to the east. Grubman and Odoyle you will get yours soon.

#55 Rainbow

Rainbow

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

Nice job...

I think it might be time to start Wilmot Creek Anglers Association :lol:

#56 redneckchromer

redneckchromer

Perch

• Active Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

Great day meting some great people and giving back to mother nature! Dozer your a champ for putting this together! Anytime theres another cleanup count me in, on that note would anyone come out to help clean bronte? Wouldnt take long with a few guys and ill supply bags and gloves etc. and might even show you a few of my favorite pools after 8-) haha

#57 georgianbaydrifter

georgianbaydrifter

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

CLARINGTON should do like ESSA TWP and charge for municipal fishing permit angus used to make the cnr look like a park until they made u pay to play, and pay big think its 50 beans a yr. give bi law officers the enforcement detail and just charge ppl for no permit snaggers and loogans usually dont even pay for there provincial liscence so i doubt they pay double for permit to fish a couple tribs. have a portion of permit renumerated into stream and ripairian rehabilitation efferts.

#58 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

Grubman, well get you that steel next time we go. For today it was my mission to get Devin into one.

No prob at all. I've waited 20 years so far........lol. Besides my outfit puts me at a slight disadvantage. Thanks for pointing out my wrong set up. I'll be better equipped next time...... :D

#59 TRINIBOY

TRINIBOY

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:22 AM

Great day meting some great people and giving back to mother nature! Dozer your a champ for putting this together! Anytime theres another cleanup count me in, on that note would anyone come out to help clean bronte? Wouldnt take long with a few guys and ill supply bags and gloves etc. and might even show you a few of my favorite pools after 8-) haha

When are you planning on the cleanup for Bronte? I'll do it if it's a weekend and I'm sure a couple of the guys from out east end would also join in. It's all about giving a little back to preserve mother nature.

#60 ALN

ALN

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

When are you planning on the cleanup for Bronte? I'll do it if it's a weekend and I'm sure a couple of the guys from out east end would also join in. It's all about giving a little back to preserve mother nature.

+1 to that :) I'll be there for sure